PDA

View Full Version : Why do the police do this?!

Motorhead350
10-12-2010, 01:49 AM
I was driving home at 3:20am when I am passed by a police truck. The truck passes me and get's stuck at a red light ahead. After he stops he goes through the red light and makes a left hand turn. He treated the red light like a stop sign! When he did this about three red light cameras went off, but he didn't care.

I used to see this often in the city, but never in the suburbs. If this guy had a call to go to with the lights on I could see the reasoning, but it seemed like he was just cruising. I haven't seen this in a while. It's seems like this guy thought he was above the law and was abusing his power.

Is there a reason for this or is he just a bad cop? Not looking for a fight, just an explanation.

CBT
10-12-2010, 03:03 AM
It was probably stolen. You should have rammed it and made a citizens arrest and been the hero of the day.

3CzSCrewHead*
10-12-2010, 03:19 AM
It was probably stolen. You should have rammed it and made a citizens arrest and been the hero of the day.
^jajaja^ i'd say bad Cop lol

Egon Spengler
10-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Sometimes when responding to burglar alarms etc, they go silent. I know around my area you will see the lights and no siren and they won't hit the siren. Then when they get close to the house with the issue, they shut the lights off too so you have no idea they are coming. It is either this, or just a bad cops that didn't want to look like a tool passing you and having to sit at a light. Lets hope it is the first one!

Paul T. Casey
10-12-2010, 05:39 AM
It's a pretty big stretch to say he's a bad cop because he stops then turns/goes through a red light.

Joe Walsh
10-12-2010, 05:42 AM
Because they can!

martyo
10-12-2010, 05:43 AM
It's a pretty big stretch to say he's a bad cop because he stops then turns/goes through a red light.

Funny thing.

I was on the police forums and they posted up that some knucklehead in a Marauder was doing donuts in the snow on public streets arounc Chicago and they couldn't understand why.

Joe Walsh
10-12-2010, 05:49 AM
:laugh:...........:laugh:

Funny thing.

I was on the police forums and they posted up that some knucklehead in a Marauder was doing donuts in the snow on public streets arounc Chicago and they couldn't understand why.

Got_1
10-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Because they can!

exactly!
I see that all the time around here. They'll pull up to a red. flip on the lights, go through the red light and then shut it off and carry on their way.
It isn't right but what can ya do.:dunno:

ctrlraven
10-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Sometimes when responding to burglar alarms etc, they go silent. I know around my area you will see the lights and no siren and they won't hit the siren. Then when they get close to the house with the issue, they shut the lights off too so you have no idea they are coming.
^This.

^This.

Because they can!
^This.

Dom why don't you become a cop and then you can do whatever you want.

rayjay
10-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Because they can!

Give that man a cigar little lady!

Raven34
10-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Funny thing.

LMAO hahaha:D

Mike
10-12-2010, 02:45 PM

:lol: You don't quit, do you? :D :lol:

justbob
10-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Probably best he stay mobile and not a sitting duck.

TiTo35
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Truthfully...at 3am I run red lights too, if nothing is coming...I treat it like a stop sign...its too late to sit at a light and fall asleep.

Shora
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM

Credit must be given. ^^^ that right there is some funny as ****at.

Paul T. Casey
10-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I was driving home at 3:20am when I am passed by a police truck. The truck passes me and get's stuck at a red light ahead. After he stops he goes through the red light and makes a left hand turn. He treated the red light like a stop sign! When he did this about three red light cameras went off, but he didn't care.

I used to see this often in the city, but never in the suburbs. If this guy had a call to go to with the lights on I could see the reasoning, but it seemed like he was just cruising. I haven't seen this in a while. It's seems like this guy thought he was above the law and was abusing his power.

Is there a reason for this or is he just a bad cop? Not looking for a fight, just an explanation.

Wanted to use this yesterday, you've earned it.

Bigdogjim
10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Well Motorhead just worry about what you do and not what the police do:):):)

BAD MERC
10-13-2010, 10:36 AM
In the middle of the night I do the exact same thing in my wrecker. I also make illegal U-turns, speed and multitask behind the wheel. Not once have a gotten a second look from local deputies. Professional drivers are always aware of their surroundings before they proceed against traffic laws. Laws that are based on idiot behavior to save a majority of the population from those that have no business driving.

Jimimac43
10-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I never would sit at a traffic light, I instructed my driver to come to a complete stop then proceed thru. No lights no sirens. Also, sometimes we would be dispatched " expidite" no lights no sirens.

RacerX
10-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Actually Dom, mail carriers can make lefts on reds after a stop because their steering wheels are on the right, but, at a stop sign, they cannot make a right after a stop until the light turns green. Even then, only Monday through Saturday and not on official hollidays.

martyo
10-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I am not sure that this thread got the public outcry that Dom had hoped for so he is probably off starting another thread about that!

Jimimac43
10-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Hmmmmmm, didn't think of that Marty.

Motorhead350
10-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Only one post that made any sense. I should come to expect that from you guys these days and I am the one called immature? I dislike the community more each day. Keep it up and I'll be gone... it's what you want anyway.

Thanks for nothing a-holes.

Joe Walsh
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Only one post that made any sense. I should come to expect that from you guys these days and I am the one called immature? I dislike the community more each day. Keep it up and I'll be gone... it's what you want anyway.

Glad we could help you out....:2thumbs:

martyo
10-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Glad we could help you out....:2thumbs:

Maybe in more ways than one! :P

J-MAN
10-13-2010, 01:56 PM
[QUOTE=Motorhead350;967903]Only one post that made any sense. I should come to expect that from you guys these days and I am the one called immature? I dislike the community more each day. Keep it up and I'll be gone... it's what you want anyway.

Thanks for nothing a-holes.[/QUOTE

Aw, turn that frown upside down chubby cheeks!

Bigdogjim
10-13-2010, 02:52 PM

WOW! Are you on the wrong track. With all your foolish tales of driving adventures you question a law enforcement officer? And now you expect us (the community) to post something other than what we did?

Some days Motorhead you a laugh a minute :laugh: :laugh:

Big Black Beast
10-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Actually Dom, mail carriers can make lefts on reds after a stop because their steering wheels are on the right, but, at a stop sign, they cannot make a right after a stop until the light turns green. Even then, only Monday through Saturday and not on official hollidays.

Don't get me started on left turn signals. Nothing like sitting at a left turn light with no one at all around for five minutes while the "go straight" light is green for no reason. They've started to install some of the blinking yellows here, but not fast enough.

MercNasty
10-13-2010, 10:09 PM
LMFAO, CBT should be a comedian

MercNasty
10-13-2010, 10:16 PM
wow motorhead, you should contact the police department if you really want the answer to that question which it really sounds like you do. Did you seriously think you were going to get a straight answer here? O and since Tito admitted doing it, i will also. 3am if nothing is coming and there are no cameras on the lights, i to treat red lights like stop signs. No point in becoming a potential target to get marauder jacked, its getting rough out here in dallas.

RacerX
10-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Don't get me started on left turn signals. Nothing like sitting at a left turn light with no one at all around for five minutes while the "go straight" light is green for no reason. They've started to install some of the blinking yellows here, but not fast enough.
Huh? We can turn as long as no one is coming when it's green and before the actual green turn light turns on. I've always thought it was a little dangerous after witnessing many close calls over the years.

Joe Walsh
10-14-2010, 06:35 AM
I was recently riding with a friend of mine.

We were coming to a red light, and he blows right through it.
I ask him, "Why'd you do that?"
He tells me this is how his brother drives.

We come to another red light, and again, he blows right through it.
Again, he tells me this is how his brother drives.

We come to a green light, and he SLAMS on the brakes.
My heart nearly goes into my throat.
I shouted at him, "Why do you do that?!"

He replied, "You never know, my brother could be coming the other way."

Egon Spengler
10-14-2010, 06:39 AM
LOL! I like that!

I have been know to run red lights when the coast is clear. Worcester changes from regular traffic lights to blinking red and yellow lights with the exception of the busier and more dangerous intersections. I love it! When I drive my girlfriend home I ask her to wait until midnight to go home because that is when the lights start flashing and cuts my commute time in half and ultimately saving gas!

Joe Walsh
10-14-2010, 06:45 AM
LOL! I like that!

I have been know to run red lights when the coast is clear. Worcester changes from regular traffic lights to blinking red and yellow lights with the exception of the busier and more dangerous intersections. I love it! When I drive my girlfriend home I ask her to wait until midnight to go home because that is when the lights start flashing and cuts my commute time in half and ultimately saving gas!

Just watch out for your brother!

Egon Spengler
10-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Just watch out for your brother!
I don't have a brother! haha

martyo
10-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I was recently riding with a friend of mine.

We were coming to a red light, and he blows right through it.
He tells me this is how his brother drives.

We come to another red light, and again, he blows right through it.
Again, he tells me this is how his brother drives.

We come to a green light, and he SLAMS on the brakes.
My heart nearly goes into my throat.
I shouted at him, "Why do you do that?!"

Two elderly women, Mildred and Hazel, were out driving in a large car, barely able to see over the dashboard.

As they're driving along to the grocery store, they approach an intersection. The light is red, but Mildred just drives on through, not hesitating for a second. Bewildered, Hazel thinks to herself "I must be losing it. I could've sworn we just drove through a red light."

A few minutes later, they come up to another red light. Again, Mildred drives right on through. Hazel is alarmed, but is still not sure if she's imagining things. At the next intersection, however, Mildred drives through another red light, prompting Hazel to turn to her friend. "Mildred, are you aware that we just ran through three red lights in a row?"

Mildred replies: "You know, I noticed that too!"

Hazel, flabbergasted, stammers, "You could have gotten us both killed!"

Mildred turns to her slowly, and says, "Me?! I thought you were driving!"