PDA

View Full Version : Furious Fushia Challenger

Vortex
10-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Ive been curious what that color looked like in real life on the new Challenger so I drove by the Dodge dealer today for a peek. Doesnt look like the photos Ive seen at all, its like a raspberry color, not pink or anything and not bad looking with black stripes. That said, Plum Crazy is the only way to go for me, Im going to be very tempted in 2011 by a Challenger Classic R/T in Plum Crazy (stripe delete) with a 6 speed manual....

hotford
10-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Ive been curious what that color looked like in real life on the new Challenger so I drove by the Dodge dealer today for a peek. Doesnt look like the photos Ive seen at all, its like a raspberry color, not pink or anything and not bad looking with black stripes. That said, Plum Crazy is the only way to go for me, Im going to be very tempted in 2011 by a Challenger Classic R/T in Plum Crazy (stripe delete) with a 6 speed manual....

Sure it wasnt panther pink?

Joe Walsh
10-13-2010, 04:22 AM

Challengers are the best looking 'retro-muscle' cars, but buying one will only result in extreme frustration when 5.0 Mustangs walk you.

Vortex
10-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Challengers are the best looking 'retro-muscle' cars, but buying one will only result in extreme frustration when 5.0 Mustangs walk you.

Not worried about drag racing, if I was, Id be building a 69 Nova w/ a crate motor. I just really like the looks of the new Challenger and missed the boat on the original musclecar era by about 3 years and this may be the only opportunity. If I were to make a move, something would have to go from the garage between the 09 GM and the MM (the truck stays). I would hate to get rid of either one, my MM only has 18k miles (after three Maraudervilles!) and my GM is still almost new and is a great Walmart car. If I did sell/trade the GM that would demote my MM to my daily driver, man I hate to do that. No decisions made yet, I learned yesterday there are no 2011 Challengers as the new one will be a 2012 and it doesnt come out til the spring. Most all the Plum Crazy R/T's with manuals are gone now and I dont want the SRT version. Ill just flange around on this for a few months more I guess...

secretservice
10-13-2010, 06:49 AM
My wife wants a PCP Challenger. She just bought a new '08 Magnum and she's hooked on the LX platform. One of the best driving affordable cars out there.

secretservice
10-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Oh, and imho, I would wait for the 6.4 to come out. ;) Always get the bigger engine, you will regret it if you don't. I bought a new 2001 Eclipse 4 cylinder when I was younger and 6 months later traded it for the V6. And promptly went upside down on the loan... :o

Joe Walsh
10-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Oh, and imho, I would wait for the 6.4 to come out. ;)

Oh yeah!
They're putting some serious Hemi cubes under the hood!

CBT
10-13-2010, 06:55 AM

Months ago I posted about one this color punking me at a light. It had the two black R/T stripes on the fender. Sharp car, sharp color.
And I WILL have my vengeance....

Blackened300a
10-13-2010, 08:11 AM
My GF wants a Fushia Challenger in the worst way. Its a girls color.

PonyUP
10-13-2010, 08:14 AM

It's a girls car too compared to the Mustang. :lol:

Alright I have to admit I kind of like the look to them, but after watching the motertrend shootout where the Mustang and camro walked away from it, I soured on the car. Then I say the V6 shootout where a Hyundai came in second and I just laughed

Bluerauder
10-13-2010, 08:18 AM

Its Fuchsia. Make sure you pronounce it correctly. ;)

A little too neon-ish for me. But she could match her lipstick and fingernails. That's a plus.

Here's a link to some pics >>>>> http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/10/chicago-2010-panther-pink-furious-fuchsia-chal/

secretservice
10-13-2010, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't drive that, but for some reason i would drive a PCP one. I guess I'm only slightly feminine. :hmmm:

DOOM
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
:puke: :down:

justbob
10-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Probably blue for me. But most definately SRT/8. Do they even make a blue one??

Mr. Man
10-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Sure it wasn't panther pink?
The originals were but Chrysler didn't want to go through the hassle and expense of licencing the Pink Panther name this time out. I too have heard this color is very different in person than what you see in the pics.

Rumor has it that there might be a limited run of SRT-10 Challengers with the Viper power plant. It's been seen testing outside of the concept test area. It would probably be detuned a bit from Viper HP levels but I suspect 550 HP wouldn't be out of the picture with easy mods that put power into ludicrous speed levels.

RR|Suki
10-13-2010, 04:42 PM
The originals were but Chrysler didn't want to go through the hassle and expense of licencing the Pink Panther name this time out. I too have heard this color is very different in person than what you see in the pics.

Rumor has it that there might be a limited run of SRT-10 Challengers with the Viper power plant. It's been seen testing outside of the concept test area. It would probably be detuned a bit from Viper HP levels but I suspect 550 HP wouldn't be out of the picture with easy mods that put power into ludicrous speed levels.

They aren't detuned if anything they likely have more power. It's for the new drag pack cars they are doing. They'll come with a v-10 and will be race track only cars like the mustang cobra jets

Mr. Man
10-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I hear different scuttle-butt. We should know in the next few months what the skinny will be.

RR|Suki
10-13-2010, 09:09 PM
I hear different scuttle-butt. We should know in the next few months what the skinny will be.

huh:confused: details are already out, production starts early next year

http://www.mopar.com/dragpak/images/mopar_challenger_drag_pak.jpg
http://www.mopar.com/dragpak/images/mopar_drag_pak_512_engine.jpg

Details:
http://www.mopar.com/dragpak/index.html

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/v10-challenger-drag-pak-announced/