PDA

View Full Version : Two deaths in two weeks

Motorhead350
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
As some of you have met me you might have met my girlfriend Becky. She posts sometimes under the name Sheepy. Well just yesterday her father died of cancer after spending five weeks in the hospital. It wasn't detected until just this past june and here we are in October and he's gone. I'll be heading down to the town of Kettering near Dayton. I met him a few times and we jammed together on guitars to some old 60s songs. Becky always wanted to play bass for him. The only song I taught her was Stand By Me. I told her the day before her dad died she should play that song for him, but that even brought tears to my eyes just thinking of that.

The second death is my Marauder. I blew a rod at the dragstrip as I was dying to get the trophy to claim the fastest Marauder in The Windy City. Well, looks like another engine was found, but haven't confirmed it yet. If so there is a big thanks to Brian H and a story to follow.

This year has had an equal amount of ups and downs... both in a huge way.

yjmud
10-17-2010, 03:05 PM
sorry to hear that
I wish cancer would get cancer and die!

SC Cheesehead
10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Dom,

Really sorry to hear the bad news, on both counts.

I know you're not a particularly religious guy, but all the same, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and Becky.

justbob
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Dom, luckily Mel's road turned a different direction, but I will never forget the scare, the same scare we get to have every six months at check up time. Give Becky our best wishes.

As for the car, sorry to hear, I had no idea.

fastblackmerc
10-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Condolence's to Becky's & her family.

The Marauder can be fixed.

GAMike
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Hey Dom.......

Like Fast Black says, Please pass my condolences to Becky:depress:...... My father inlaw went the same way. Its a really tough situation to endure.....

As far as the Marauder? Yea.... Its just a car. It can be fixed.:burnout:

PonyUP
10-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Very sorry to hear about Becky's Dad Dom, a very tough thing to deal, all of you will be in my prayers

MarauderTJA
10-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey Dom, truly sorry to hear about Becky's Dad. As for your car, buld it and just make it better. She will be fine there Buddy, just take your time with her.

FordNut
10-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Condolences to Becky.
Get a Cobra short block or long block, it's the cheapest, quickest, easiest, most reliable solution.
Is Zack gonna swap it for ya?

MarauderTJA
10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
For $3300. you can get a built Aluminator short block ready to go as well. Cheap money actually.

secretservice
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
My thoughts are with you both, I'm sorry for your loss.

CBT
10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Give Becky a hug from CBT and CBT Jr., when I talk to J.C. tonight I will include a little prayer. :(

1 Bad Merc
10-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear this awful news. Give Becky my condolences and I will be praying for her. Also sorry to hear about the Marauder. You will get it fixed.

Bigdogjim
10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry to read of passing of Becky's Father, may he rest in peace!

Prayers are being sent. God Bless

The marauder will come back stronger than ever.

Mike
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the loss of Beckys Dad. He's in better hands now. Please give her our condolences.

guspech750
10-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Gosh Dom. Thats some terrible news. I am sorry for everyone loss. My condolences to Becky's family and friends.

Blackened300a
10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Sorry to hear about Beckys father. Its going to be a long road to recovery.

rayjay
10-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Deepest sympathy to both of you on the passing of Becky's father may he RIP.

Gryphonzus
10-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Sorry to hear of Becky's Fathers passing. My condolences to both of you. Be careful on your trip. JoAnn and my prayers go out to you. God Bless!!

computertech
10-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Sorry to hear the your girls father.I lost my father a few years ago and I still miss him every day.You have my deepest condolences we will be praying for her here.

I am also sorry to hear about your Marauder.I hope will get the engine repaired or a new stronger one asap....

:burnout:

Motorhead350
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Dom,

I know you're not a particularly religious guy,

I'll believe it when I see it. Plus it's caused more death than life, so I see no good in it.

Is Zack gonna swap it for ya?

Looks doubtful, but he has his reasoning.

Paul T. Casey
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
My condolences to you and Miss Becky.

Ms. Denmark
10-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Dom, Eric and I are sorry to hear this sad news. Please let Becky know we are thinking of her.

Motorhead350
10-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all the wishes guys and girls.

It's been a rough couple of days, but we'll survive. At least I got to meet her father before he became very ill. He liked me and I was surprised by it. I guess it was because we were both music snobs and shared the same sick sense of humor.

Everything is going as smoothly as possible. We'll be back home sunday. She got his car and can't decide what to do with it. She'll have a car now, but at the same time it reminds her of him because it was his car. Soon as the title is found I think she's going to sell it and I probably would too.

Again thanks for the wishes and see you all later.

Ken
10-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Condolences...