PDA

View Full Version : DPMS Panther question(s)

rayjay
10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
If there is anyone knowledgesble about these firearms (not cars) please contact me off this forum at my list email address. Thanks in advance.

yjmud
10-17-2010, 10:23 PM
what are you trying to find out

PurdueRifleman
10-18-2010, 05:48 AM
E-mail inbound.

rayjay
10-18-2010, 06:24 AM
E-mail inbound.

Received, reply sent.

Vortex
10-18-2010, 07:20 AM
High quality AR-15s. I read this company was a prime DoD parts supplier. I own a Lite 16 myself. FYI Bushmaster and DPMS are both owned by Remington.

FordNut
10-18-2010, 07:34 AM
I was thinking about getting one, they're highly rated. Then the SCAR-17 came out so I put it on hold, waiting for it to get more widely available on the civ market.

yjmud
10-18-2010, 11:50 AM
go with the rock river

rayjay
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM
High quality AR-15s. I read this company was a prime DoD parts supplier. I own a Lite 16 myself. FYI Bushmaster and DPMS are both owned by Remington.

Remington?, hmmm, just a few miles from me over in Ilion. Dan Wesson Arms, now owned by CZ, :rolleyes:, is in Norwich, NY also a short ride for me.

-AND- much to a certain mayors distain, Kimber is in of all places, Yonkers, NY. Henry Rifles? Brooklyn! take that Mikey you communist.

Leadfoot281
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Remington?, hmmm, just a few miles from me over in Ilion. Dan Wesson Arms, now owned by CZ, :rolleyes:, is in Norwich, NY also a short ride for me.

-AND- much to a certain mayors distain, Kimber is in of all places, Yonkers, NY. Henry Rifles? Brooklyn! take that Mikey you communist.

Lol! Makes me very, very proud to own a Kimber. :D

rayjay
10-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Lol! Makes me very, very proud to own a Kimber. :D

NYS residents have to special order a Kimber due to our asnine COBIS law. Made here and can't buy one off the shelf because of the anti gun lobby...

PurdueRifleman
10-19-2010, 03:46 AM
NYS residents have to special order a Kimber due to our asnine COBIS law. Made here and can't buy one off the shelf because of the anti gun lobby...

Makes living in Indiana not seem so bad! Sure there's nothing but cornfields basketball, but damnit we're the 8th biggest offender of the Brady Bunch's proposed firearms "reforms"

rayjay
10-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Makes living in Indiana not seem so bad! Sure there's nothing but cornfields basketball, but damnit we're the 8th biggest offender of the Brady Bunch's proposed firearms "reforms"

I heard some stuff at the toy store yesterday that made me want to :puke: The knuts are trying to have the entire NYS pistol license system, as communist as it already is, completely revoked. Gee where the hell is that coming from, MIKEY, upCHUCKIE GET IN HERE! If they want to ban firearms in NYC and lay the citizenry there helpess to the criminals then do it, but leave the rest of us in the state ALONE! Take a look at a map, please, the city, and its, burbs, are a very small geographic part of the great State Of New York. I do not know the exact numbers, but something on the order of 6-7 million people live north of Westchester Co. Keep your communist gun laws down there, please. Anyone with a computer and a wish to learn can see what happened down under since they went commy on their gun laws...

DO NOT forget to vote on 11-02-2010. Its your right & obligation as a citizen of this great country. Remember alot of good American men & women have died to preserve that right....

CBT
10-19-2010, 06:35 AM
I heard some stuff at the toy store yesterday that made me want to :puke: The knuts are trying to have the entire NYS pistol license system, as communist as it already is, completely revoked. Gee where the hell is that coming from, MIKEY, upCHUCKIE GET IN HERE! If they want to ban firearms in NYC and lay the citizenry there helpess to the criminals then do it, but leave the rest of us in the state ALONE! Take a look at a map, please, the city, and its, burbs, are a very small geographic part of the great State Of New York. I do not know the exact numbers, but something on the order of 6-7 million people live north of Westchester Co. Keep your communist gun laws down there, please. Anyone with a computer and a wish to learn can see what happened down under since they went commy on their gun laws...

DO NOT forget to vote on 11-02-2010. Its your right & obligation as a citizen of this great country. Remember alot of good American men & women have died to preserve that right....

I often wonder how police feel about gun-bans/self defense/things of that nature. What happens if you are a policeman(or woman) in a city that bans hand guns, and you retire? No more legal reason to carry, or do they get a special permit? If it was one of the tools of your trade for 20 or 30 years, and then gets taken away, that seems like a raw deal.

rayjay
10-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Deleted, PM sent.

Vortex
10-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I often wonder how police feel about gun-bans/self defense/things of that nature. What happens if you are a policeman(or woman) in a city that bans hand guns, and you retire? No more legal reason to carry, or do they get a special permit? If it was one of the tools of your trade for 20 or 30 years, and then gets taken away, that seems like a raw deal.

Public Law 108-277 allows retired LEOs to carry if certain conditions are met.

rayjay
10-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Public Law 108-277 allows retired LEOs to carry if certain conditions are met.

There are licensing issues in NYS.