PDA

View Full Version : My Daughters Soccer Tournament

Mike
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Proud of my Daughter and her soccer teammates this weekend. They had a soccer tournament in Rockford IL this weekend and on Sat. they won the first game 2-1 and the second game 1-0. They HAD to win this morning in order to play for the championship and they did 2-0!!! They lost the championship game 4-0 :(. Her team is an A/B team and we lost to an Elite A team. We hung in there for most of the game, but the team that they lost to was too good!! I am VERY proud of my Daughter and her team :banana: .

Her team

My Daughter is the middle one

My Daughter talking to #47

CBT
10-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Hey hey! No red X's this time :)

Again, tell her congrats.

Mike
10-19-2010, 03:51 AM
Hey hey! No red X's this time :)

Again, tell her congrats.

:woohoo: :woohoo: It worked!!! Yes, I will pass on all the congrats!

secretservice
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Awesome! I have 2 little girls too, I get proud of them like that! You should be proud, losing is part of life and an important lesson to your kids. Your being proud of them will carry them to their next win!

rayjay
10-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Thats fantastic Dad! Tell her to keep up the good work. Keep encouraging her at each and every level to do her best :up:, but remember, school work comes 1st. Kids that participate in sports don't have time to get in trouble. Both my adult children (32 & 28) were HS athletes, my daughter a D1 college athlete. Both have multiple degrees and are doing very well. There baby sister is following in their foot steps at the same Middle/HS.

Mike
10-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Thats fantastic Dad! Tell her to keep up the good work. Keep encouraging her at each and every level to do her best :up:, but remember, school work comes 1st. Kids that participate in sports don't have time to get in trouble. Both my adult children (32 & 28) were HS athletes, my daughter a D1 college athlete. Both have multiple degrees and are doing very well. There baby sister is following in their foot steps at the same Middle/HS.

I do encourage both of my kids every day....damn proud of them :D I'm also proud of her because she has soccer practice 4 of the weekdays with a game on weekends (tournaments are different) and she doesn't get home till after 9pm to do homework. As of now she has all A's and 1 B (Honors English). What sport is your Daughter involved with?

rayjay
10-20-2010, 06:49 AM
The baby of my bunch is currently following big sis's lead and playing field hockey, b-ball and softball. She too is a A student and involved in school orchestra and competition marching band. Like I said, no time to get in trouble. I figure once they leave the nest and go off to college we've done our part(s). The other two were more difficult with a divorce thrown in, but we all tried to put things to side for the childrens sake.

SC Cheesehead
10-20-2010, 06:52 AM
:congrats: Proud papa, and for good reason! :up:

LIGHTNIN1
10-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Congratulations!

Mike
10-22-2010, 04:51 PM
:congrats: Proud papa, and for good reason! :up:

Congratulations!

Thanks guys :beer: