PDA

View Full Version : Urine or you're out

fastblackmerc
10-21-2010, 08:32 AM
I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT -- doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!

P.S. Just a thought, all politicians should have to pass a urine test too!

Pops
10-21-2010, 08:34 AM
This has brought up many times! They will not require it as they are afraid of losing those votes.

yjmud
10-21-2010, 08:34 AM
sounds great to me

sailsmen
10-21-2010, 08:48 AM
With out cause it is a gross abuse by Gov't and violates the 4th Amendment.

SpartaPerformance
10-21-2010, 08:52 AM

If the Gov't passes out assistance checks with money from funds collected from it's working citizens then it has the right to set criteria for receiving those checks, a urine test would then not be abuse.

Matt In Detroit
10-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Im good with it.... enact it now.

Speed
10-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I thought the 4th Amendment dealth with unreasonable searches and seizures.

SpartaPerformance
10-21-2010, 09:02 AM
I thought the 4th Amendment dealth with unreasonable searches and seizures.

Demanding your urine without probable cause falls in that category, along with your DNA etc... but like I said in my previous post private companies can mandate urine tests as policy so can Gov't.

secretservice
10-21-2010, 09:11 AM
+1. And take the cost of the test out of the assistance check amount.

FordNut
10-21-2010, 09:15 AM
I agree. And anybody running for congress should be able to qualify for a security clearance as a condition for candidacy.

CBT
10-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I agree. And anybody running for congress should be able to qualify for a security clearance as a condition for candidacy.
now THAT's a great idea :beer:

Pops
10-21-2010, 09:27 AM

So would that be the secret hand signal while you are in the public toilet!;)

3CzSCrewHead*
10-21-2010, 09:28 AM
then a good hand of unemployed people wont get a CheCc jaja
but agreed

Joe Walsh
10-21-2010, 09:28 AM
This has brought up many times! They will not require it as they are afraid of losing those votes.

Correct! ....anything that could cost the Democrats votes will never happen.

Why do you think they are so 'Pro' illegal immigration?
That's alot of future Democratic votes sneaking into our country!

BTW: I just can't understand someone who has worked hard all their lives to accrue some wealth being a Democrat....:dunno:
Democrats like the Kennedys.....I understand, because they never had to work for their fortunes.

Dragcity
10-21-2010, 09:45 AM
I see the kids (28 y/o girl and her 36 y/o 'boyfriend') living across the street wiht the Mom and Dad. Every day, out on the front porch. Smoking cigarettes at $8.50 a pack.... Neither has worked a day since they moved back in. TWO YEARS AGO !

DB 'boyfried wanders around the neighborhood at all hours.... Stares at the grass in the summertime? WTF?

I am going ot ask them to keep my cars clean for my this winter. If I'm paying them, they should be working for me.

This whole system is so effed up.

And I just found out my employer is going to eliminate the 85 rule and make me work 'til im 68 before I can retire. And I'll never make that age.... Sad a$$ shilt right there...

Haggis
10-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Democrats like the Kennedys.....I understand, because they never had to work for their fortunes.

You do not think that providing all that illegal alcohol during Prohibition was not work?

Joe Walsh
10-21-2010, 10:14 AM
You do not think that providing all that illegal alcohol during Prohibition was not work?

Joe Sr. worked very hard at his illegal booze business...
All of the kids & grandkids have had it easy...although they have been pissing away their trust funds at a rapid pace.

boatmangc
10-21-2010, 10:22 AM
So would that be the secret hand signal while you are in the public toilet!;)
No but it is the ability to operate the secret decoder ring and the 2 way wrist TV at the same time.

LIGHTNIN1
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Agreed. Good idea.

Cheeseheadbob
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
The check I received when I was in the Army looked exactly the same as the checks cut for welfare, and I was subject to frequent drug tests during my 4 year enlistment. I don't see the problem with enforcing the same requirements for anyone receiving government "assistance."

Mr. Man
10-21-2010, 10:29 AM
First I believe we'd be better off if politicians had to take an IQ test first.

Playing devils advocate here let's say a person on the dole repeatedly fails their test and they no longer get their checks. What are their options? Get a job, probably only a few would do this. Steal and rob for what they need, I see most doing this. Starve, most would eventually steal when they get hungry enough. So the stealer's rob and pillage until they are caught and hopefully they haven't killed anyone in the meantime. Now they go through the courts system, costly and if convicted prison, very costly. I don't see the savings. I have no problem with the pee in a cup for a check but whats the rest of the plan if they fail Jim?

Cheeseheadbob
10-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Ah, there is the rub....
I have no problem with the pee in a cup for a check but whats the rest of the plan if they fail Jim?

Dragcity
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Line them up and shoot them.......

Dragcity
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Did I say that out loud?????

Pops
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Did I say that out loud?????

:D :D :D :D :flamer:

MercNasty
10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
I think this would cause the crime rate to go up. It would be motivation for people to get jobs but the way the economy is right now, i dont know if there is any hope.

boatmangc
10-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh C'mon the news said the recession is over, heck they say it has been over for some time now. All those people should have no trouble finding jobs.

I think in order to receive assistance you need to;
1) either have a PROPERLY diagnosed medical/mental condition that prevents you from working
2) provide a weekly job search sheet with detailed accounting of the search
3) Pass the whiz quiz
4) undergo a session with a financial planner and if you live beyond your means you must change or lose the benefit.
5) if you are unable to find work we need to get the feds behind an infrastructure recovery program where able bodies work to repair our roads, bridges, etc.

But what do I know

I am one who thinks mandatory sterilization should be discussed, or penalties for becoming pregnant while receiving assistance

CBT
10-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't see the savings. I have no problem with the pee in a cup for a check but whats the rest of the plan if they fail Jim?
Work farms if they fail. Go pick crops and displace the illegals. Solve two problems at once. If they can't do that, debtors prisons for them. But here's the catch: We outsource all our prisons to some other country. Who wants to do 5 to 10 in Siberia, show of hands?

sailsmen
10-21-2010, 11:19 AM
If the Gov't passes out assistance checks with money from funds collected from it's working citizens then it has the right to set criteria for receiving those checks, a urine test would then not be abuse.

What you are saying is if you benefit from the Gov't you lose your Constitutional Rights? Based on this none of us ever has Constitutional Rights because we all benefit on some way from Gov't.

secretservice
10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Work farms if they fail. Go pick crops and displace the illegals. Solve two problems at once.

CBT for prez in 2012. :banana: Got my vote. :D

sailsmen
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
The check I received when I was in the Army looked exactly the same as the checks cut for welfare, and I was subject to frequent drug tests during my 4 year enlistment. I don't see the problem with enforcing the same requirements for anyone receiving government "assistance."

Again with out cause it is a gross abuse by Gov't.

Taking money from one and giving it to another by the Federal Gov't is also unconstitutional.

secretservice
10-21-2010, 11:25 AM

Is it against your constitutional rights for a required whiz quiz for employment? No. It's called criteria. The simple problem is that people use their gov't cheese for recreational dope. the simple solution is to make sure they don't use. At random. Because that's how you bust people. At random.

sailsmen
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
My employer is not the Federal Gov't. A pivate employer, barring no State/Local Law that prevents, can require urine.

Just like if I "shoot my mouth off" my private employer can fire me.

The better solution is for the Fed to stop violating the Constitution which means no welfare.

secretservice
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
My employer is not the Federal Gov't.

They do provide for you though. Roads, safety, freedom, etc.

Dragcity
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
My employer is not the Federal Gov't. A pivate employer, barring no State/Local Law that prevents, can require urine.

Just like if I "shoot my mouth off" my private employer can fire me.

My Wife is a Fed employee.. She's subject to such tests....

TAKEDOWN
10-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Exactly, you would certainly think it's part of the requirement!

Cheeseheadbob
10-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I am sure the cause could be dictated by amendments to current welfare laws. But some of the folks who commented earlier are correct in the assertion that no politician is going to risk their comfortable leech-like existence suggesting such a thing. Also, there is the question of whether it is morally acceptable for a person who does not receive government aid to be free to partake in illegal drug use vs. it being morally unacceptable for those who do. The private sector will weed out, no pun intended, those who are actively using drugs on the job, but then those people will perhaps wind up on welfare and here we go again.... Treatment and long-term recovery is a major key in preventing recidivism and the burden on the state.

secretservice
10-21-2010, 11:42 AM
The better solution is for the Fed to stop violating the Constitution which means no welfare.

I agree with this view, although the crime rate would shoot right up.
But I don't like sharing my crops with my non working neighbor communist-style either.

Pops
10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
But I don't like sharing my crops with my non working neighbor communist-style either.

Sharing my crops is an interesting statement in this thread!:rasta:

sailsmen
10-21-2010, 11:48 AM

That's what many said about Welfare Reform and yet crime went down after it's passage. Crime rates were lower before Welfare.

Man best serves Man individually and collectively thru Charity. Gov't serves Gov't.

secretservice
10-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Man best serves Man individually and collectively thru Charity. Gov't serves Gov't.

Man best serves himself first. Not that I don't agree with what you said. :beer:

duhtroll
10-21-2010, 11:58 AM
1) Then they would have to employ more people to observe collection (eww) and test said urine, wasting more money.

2) Rule of 85? Mine is 88 and prolly going to 92 soon. But I will hit 88 when I am 55 so I don't see a problem.

rayjay
10-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Could not agree more with fastblack's original statement.

In addition, you should have to speak ENGLISH to work at McDonalds so I don't have to point at what I want to eat in America. Jeesh... :censor:

fastblackmerc
10-21-2010, 05:18 PM
In addition, you should have to speak ENGLISH to work at McDonalds so I don't have to point at what I want to eat in America. Jeesh... :censor:

Easily fixed...

Next time you go ask to speak to the manager. Tell him that you and your friends will not be buying anything there because you shouldn't have to point to the menu items to buy them.

CBT
10-21-2010, 05:20 PM

LMAO, still pissd about Charlotte I see !!:lol:

yjmud
10-21-2010, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=secretservice;971583]I agree with this view, although the crime rate would shoot right up.
THEN SHOOT RIGHT BACK.:uzi::gunfire::gunfire:

secretservice
10-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Don't mind if I do. Had pretty good luck scaring the poo out of thieving deviants with my blade though.

Mr. Man
10-21-2010, 08:03 PM
There's talk in NYC of only allowing food stamps to be used for food. No soda, chips, ciggerettes, etc. I think that sounds like a good start.

secretservice
10-21-2010, 08:16 PM
There's talk in NYC of only allowing food stamps to be used for food. No soda, chips, ciggerettes, etc. I think that sounds like a good start.

We already do that in Indiana. You can get CIGARETTES with stamps there?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Government FAIL.

Marauderman
10-22-2010, 04:13 AM
LMAO, still pissd about Charlotte I see !!:lol:

Please , pray tell...we all want to hear this one...go CBT...GO! It belongs in the thread about unusual comments stuff of MVVIII eh!

CBT
10-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Please , pray tell...we all want to hear this one...go CBT...GO! It belongs in the thread about unusual comments stuff of MVVIII eh!
Ray went to Mcdonalds whilst at MV8 and had to point to what he wanted because no one bhind the counter would speak english.

secretservice
10-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Deportation.

CBT
10-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Deportation.

Hey that would be the ultimate happy meal.

secretservice
10-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Hey that would be the ultimate happy meal.

That's what she said. ZING. :beer:

CBT
10-22-2010, 04:46 AM
That's what she said. ZING. :beer:
Dude, lol! Good one.

Joe Walsh
10-22-2010, 04:49 AM

Si!

Easily fixed...

Next time you go ask to speak to the manager. Tell him that you and your friends will not be buying anything there because you shouldn't have to point to the menu items to buy them.

Yep,
Next time something like this happens, be sure to voice your experience with the manager, or better yet, the corporate office.

I recently had an unpleasant experience at a Mc'ds.
So, I went online to Mc'Ds website and sent them a message explaining what happened.
I received an immediate email response from corporate and a phone call from the regional manager.
They thanked me for voicing my concern to them, as they 'can't fix it if no one tells them that it's broke'.

rayjay
10-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Easily fixed...

#1, You are correct.

#2, I don't believe she spoke fluent english either. English was only being spoken on the customer side of the counter, not one word of it on the other side unless there was not a spanish sysnonsym(sp).