PDA

View Full Version : Women on submarines

CBT
10-22-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.navytimes.com/news/2010/10/navy-4-subs-to-get-women-crew-members-102110w/

This will lead to many, many a fun conversations between male sub sailors and thier significant others that they will be leaving topside when they deploy.

PonyUP
10-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Luckily for you though Casey, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is still in effect

:lol:

guspech750
10-22-2010, 09:31 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl: So true. So true!!

CBT
10-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Oh snap, I should go back on active duty...
Hi, sailor! :wave:

RacerX
10-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Would they still be called "Seamen"? At least there'll be a lot of new jokes out of this! :D

Bigdogjim
10-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Somethings should just be left alone!

Change is NOT always a good move.

CBT
10-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Would they still be called "Seamen"? At least there'll be a lot of new jokes out of this! :D

I think women are capable of doing the job. I just feel sorry for everyone on the subs that got picked. They are going to go thru about 50 training episodes on why fraternization is bad, 50 on how babies are made, 50 on why drinking around members of the opposite sex is discouraged, 50 on what bad touching is, it just never ends. And the first time a guy and a gal get caught playing post office, oh boy. And it WILL happen, it's human nature.

RacerX
10-22-2010, 09:46 AM
What if there's an accident??? If the sub crashes and there's semen everywhere, will the women survivors be pregnant??? :D

Blk Mamba
10-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Will they still be called "Bubbleheads"?

FordNut
10-22-2010, 09:49 AM
I think women are capable of doing the job. I just feel sorry for everyone on the subs that got picked. They are going to go thru about 50 training episodes on why fraternization is bad, 50 on how babies are made, 50 on why drinking around members of the opposite sex is discouraged, 50 on what bad touching is, it just never ends. And the first time a guy and a gal get caught playing post office, oh boy. And it WILL happen, it's human nature.
Yes, it will, and even when it doesn't happen the accusations will fly...

This will lead to many, many a fun conversations between male sub sailors and thier significant others that they will be leaving topside when they deploy.
leading to some divorces and possibly/probably the justification that "well if I'm gonna be accused of it anyway, why not".

CBT
10-22-2010, 09:49 AM
What if there's an accident??? If the sub crashes and there's semen everywhere, will the women survivors be pregnant??? :D

You'll have to watch the training videos :lol:

CBT
10-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, it will, and even when it doesn't happen the accusations will fly...

leading to some divorces and possibly/probably the justification that "well if I'm gonna be accused of it anyway, why not".

HA! You must have been in? Those statements are so true. I've seen careers thrown away, marriages wrecked, you name it.

Cheeseheadbob
10-22-2010, 10:54 AM
"The blue and gold crews of these subs each will get two female junior officers as well as a female supply lieutenant, who will serve as a professional and personal role model."

Now, will the supply lieutenant be the only junior grade who will have to endure additional "role model" training, or are all of the female officers going to be role models? I wonder how many careers are going to end when the first "role model" winds up being impregnated by some seaman's semen...?:D

P.S. I guess they need a female supply officer to order all of the new line items required for a female crew.

Black Dynamite
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh I don't know.....a female officer seemed to work out pretty well on Down Periscope. :D

As weird as male submariners are I can only imagine what kind of woman passes the psych screen.:eek:

secretservice
10-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Those women are gonna come back used up.

Cheeseheadbob
10-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Perhaps this kind of woman...

As weird as male submariners are I can only imagine what kind of woman passes the psych screen.:eek:

RacerX
10-22-2010, 11:31 AM
You guys are also assuming they're going to be eyecandy. What's to say they don't look just like their fellow seamen. :eek:

Doh! CheeseheadBob beat me to it!

Allthough, I don't think hermaphrodites can make it past the physical! If you have an inny and an outy, you're definitely outy!

secretservice
10-22-2010, 11:56 AM
It's Pat!!!

Mr. Man
10-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Once the novelty wears off I'm sure women will do fine. Are women on surface ships still controversial?

rayjay
10-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Having watched some shows on the Military channel involving subs from our allies that already have women serving on them, ah, there will be babies being made. At least drills will be held unless their male sailors are all eunuchs. I'm sure the women they showed were hand picked, but still, they weren't 2 o'clockers by anymeans some were down right hot... I guess if lesser Navies can make it work so can we. Anybody see the Israeli tank driving intstructor the other night? SHE, should have been working at Bikinis. Cute too boot.

Egon Spengler
10-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Whole new meaning to down under...

We dove too fast and she got the bends over...

Vortex
10-22-2010, 02:21 PM
No offense to our female members here but IMHO women do not belong on any US Navy ship (with the exception of medical personnel on hospital ships). Not saying they dont belong in the military.

PonyUP
10-22-2010, 07:02 PM
I can hear it now.."I'd like to swab her deck"