PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know SRT4s?

Motorhead350
10-24-2010, 11:00 PM
EDIT........

Can a 2.4 engine from an SRT4 simply fit in a 2000 Plymouth Neon as a simple drop in?

The only SRT4 board I found would allow me to sign up with a yahoo email, that's why I am asking here.

Just a simple yes or no.

Thanks!

ctrlraven
10-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Drop in and run? Nope.

RR|Suki
10-25-2010, 08:16 AM
your question is incomplete, do you have the harness, ECU, etc? If so then sure. PS you'd wanna have the trans too.

ImpalaSlayer
10-25-2010, 08:29 AM
who cares? crush both cars lol

Rocknthehawk
10-25-2010, 09:08 AM
will it fit? duh.

ctrlraven
10-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Will it blend? lol

MrBluGruv
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
If you're gonna do something ridiculous, at least do something hilarious:

JkzavAUucyw

Motorhead350
10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
That's cool! I love sleepers.

The full story is this. My GF just got a 2000 Plymouth Neon from her fathers recent passing. It runs and drives, but both the engine and transmission are on their way out. The rest of the car is in decent condition.

So we were thinking about what it would take to get an SRT4 engine and transmission in this thing. Getting everything would be simple, but getting it to work would be another. We would pay a shop to do this, but in the end I think it would cost over 5K to make everything work.

I think she'll just end up putting a junkyard engine and trans in and call it a day, sell the car as is for $900 or maybe go all the way. I think it'd be a fun little toy especially with the boost tweaked to make it run mid 13s. :burnout:

Again, very slim chance she will do this. For 5K I would just get a nicer Daily Driver, but fast cars are a lot more fun and worth the misery you get every now and then.

ctrlraven
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
It would be cheaper to buy a Honda Civic, get a turbo kit for it and have it tuned than for what it would cost for the Neon SRT-4 swap and at that point you might as well go find a cheap real SRT-4. lol

DOOM
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM
will it fit?

Thats what she said! :cool4:

CBT
10-25-2010, 12:53 PM
If you're gonna do something ridiculous, at least do something hilarious:

JkzavAUucyw

That was actually pretty cool, lit them tires up at the end :beer:

secretservice
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I had an '86 Chrysler New Yorker Turbo. Cranked the boost up with a fish tank bleed valve on the wastegate vac line. 18 psi + Mopar 2.2 Purple Cam + '86 Turbo 'Yorker = 14.90's. Much Fun for cheap. But to answer your question, no, it is not a drop in and go swap. You will need to tear the front end of the car off to cut up the crash bar for intercooler clearance, swap in the dash and dash wiring harness from the SRT donor car, the engine wiring harness, and you must use the T-850 trans, not the T-350 trans you have in it now. (If it's already a stick car. If it's an automatic, you have a whole different set of problems, like swapping in the pedal assembly and all the hydraulic clutch equipment.) Sorry to pee in your Wheaties, but it's a lot of work. I would just fix the car honestly.

MrBluGruv
10-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I think it'd be a fun little toy especially with the boost tweaked to make it run mid 13s.

SRT/4 Neons are pretty much already high 13 cars in stock trim, if it weren't for the fact they are FWD I think they'd be pretty awesome cars, even if it DID come from a Neon. Same goes with the Cobalt SS/Turbo, wicked fast little car.

In fact, one of the most ridiculous/hilarious cars I've had the chance to drive thus far was an SRT/4 Calibur. That thing has more wheel horsepower stock than a stock Marauder, and a 6-speed to boot. If it was AWD, I'm almost positive I wouldn't still have the Merc, at the time I drove it my Merc still had a lot of ongoing headaches.

sailsmen
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Just buy an SRT4, yes it will DROP in. With a kit from Chyrsler you can get in the 12s no problem.