PDA

View Full Version : Half Price Gas

Bluerauder
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I just filled up the tank with Shell 93 at $1.599 per gallon. In our area, Giant Food has teamed up with Shell to offer discount gas based on your food purchases. They knocked $1.40 off the price right at the pump and I just pumped away. Got $37.50 in gas for just $20.00. Almost 50% off.

Giant Food and Shell have been doing this for a couple months and this is the first time that I actually took advantage of it. I will be doing it ALOT more frequently now.

It has been quite awhile since I have seen prices at $1.599 for premium. Mid-grade and Regular were down at $1.479 amd $1.359.

If they offer such a deal in your area ..... jump on it. :D I figure that I just got a half tank FREE. :up:

TAKEDOWN
10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
That's aWe$oMe AND you got groceries too. I sure hope they'll bring out a combo similar to yours out here. Jeezzz, and to think I just paid $3.15 for 93 and that's traveling outside the City limits.

a_d_a_m
10-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Giant Eagle has been doing this for years in our area. They have their own stations (GetGo) that are usually (but not always) in the same parking lot as the grocery stores. For every $50 you spend, you get $.10/gallon off. So if you spend $150 on a shopping trip, they give you $.30/gallon discount.

For me, a single person (with a dog), I don't do enough grocery shopping to take advantage of it. Because Giant Eagle's grocery prices aren't really that competitive with other stores in the area (IGA, BiRite, etc), I tend to avoid them. And their gas prices are routinely $.10 higher/gallon than competing gas stations in the area.

For people who do lots of grocery shopping and can buy things based on "what the deals are" (i.e. 10lb of potatoes), it is a great idea.

Hopefully they do things different in your area.

sweetair
10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I just filled up the tank with Shell 93 at $1.599 per gallon. In our area, Giant Food has teamed up with Shell to offer discount gas based on your food purchases. They knocked $1.40 off the price right at the pump and I just pumped away. Got $37.50 in gas for just $20.00. Almost 50% off.

Giant Food and Shell have been doing this for a couple months and this is the first time that I actually took advantage of it. I will be doing it ALOT more frequently now.

It has been quite awhile since I have seen prices at $1.599 for premium. Mid-grade and Regular were down at $1.479 amd $1.359.

If they offer such a deal in your area ..... jump on it. :D I figure that I just got a half tank FREE. :up:Charlie, if you only filled Blue up you left about 20 gallons more you could have bought at that price. You could have gotten 35 gallons at that price. Next time have your wife bring her ride too and just move the cars along and keep pumping.

I cash in my Giant points w/the Expedition. Usually putting 25+gal in her at a time.

Mr. Man
10-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Charlie, if you only filled Blue up you left about 20 gallons more you could have bought at that price. You could have gotten 35 gallons at that price. Next time have your wife bring her ride too and just move the cars along and keep pumping.

I cash in my Giant points w/the Expedition. Usually putting 25+gal in her at a time.
Either that or go buy some gas cans

Bluerauder
10-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Charlie, if you only filled Blue up you left about 20 gallons more you could have bought at that price. You could have gotten 35 gallons at that price. Next time have your wife bring her ride too and just move the cars along and keep pumping.

Yes, I am just figuring this stuff out. I think the points reset after every 30 days. Guess I'll have to get one of the Giant flyers to keep in the car so that I have the rules handy. Probably not a big deal since if the wife doesn't visit Giant by noon on Wednesday and Saturday, the manager calls to see if she is sick. :rofl:

BATMOBIL
10-25-2010, 08:45 PM
What a deal!!! We don't have 93 here so i just filled up at Mobil for $3.25 91 octane.

Haggis
10-26-2010, 03:50 AM
Big deal, Chris has already received two free tank fulls.

secretservice
10-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Wow. We need someone to do that in this neck of the woods. I resorted to converting my Neon to E85 (it has a Mopar performance computer, more agressive spark map. Must use premium, E85 is cheap premium lol.)

TiTo35
10-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Went to Giant today...I have more points then I thought...I will be at SHELL before Sunday!