PDA

View Full Version : Go Ford. Instead Of Taking Stim Money, They Restimulate Detroit.

secretservice
10-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Good reason to wave the blue flag. Figured it was good news that Ford is healthy!
http://www.autoloandaily.com/loan-news/auto-loan-daily/breaking-news/2508-ford-invest-850-million-michigan

martyo
10-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Wish I had bought more Ford stock!

RR|Suki
10-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Wish I had bought more Ford stock!

same here, I remember sitting at work one day when it was $1 or something like that thinking to myself that I should go online and buy a bunch. . . then I forgot :(

SpartaPerformance
10-26-2010, 05:58 PM
same here, I remember sitting at work one day when it was $1 or something like that thinking to myself that I should go online and buy a bunch. . . then I forgot :(

+1

Either way Ford FTW!

a_d_a_m
10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Haha, my dad and I were just talking about how we both "meant to" get FoMoCo stock a year or two ago and never did.

Ya snooze, ya lose...

martyo
10-26-2010, 07:15 PM

I didn't say I forgot, I just wish I bought MORE!!!

Bigdogjim
10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Trust me there were times I thought of dumping Ford stock I am glade I held on, so far:)

RR|Suki
10-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I didn't say I forgot, I just wish I bought MORE!!!

I hate you (as usual) :P

Vortex
10-27-2010, 06:52 AM
I hope the product line and sales keep up with the rah-rah about not getting assistance from the govt. Mullaly mortgaged the house right before the bottom fell out of the market and Ford has a ton of debt on the books (as opposed to GM who filed bankruptcy). I want to see where they take Lincoln, a brand that has been dead on the vine for years. Right now it sure looks to me like GM has done a better job of bringing out new products (new Buicks/Cruze/small SUV thingys) even though Ford has been getting so much positive press. Re Fiat/Chrysler, they are doing ok but I wonder how well Fiats will sell in the US. That little 850 will do ok but I doubt anything else (including Alfas) will be more than a niche. They need Dodge and Chrysler to do well. Lets hope they all do well.

sailsmen
10-27-2010, 07:40 AM
It will be interesting to see what fairs better a Nationalized company or a Publically held company.
IT will also be intersting to see how Gov't regulations/regulaotrs treat each one.

LIGHTNIN1
10-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Somehow I don't think the new EPA emission rules will stimulate truck sales.

Matt In Detroit
10-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I went all in @ 2.52 once the bankruptcy scare was all over. Things are good and its a great time to be a Ford Employee.

SpartaPerformance
10-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I hope the product line and sales keep up with the rah-rah about not getting assistance from the govt. Mullaly mortgaged the house right before the bottom fell out of the market and Ford has a ton of debt on the books (as opposed to GM who filed bankruptcy). I want to see where they take Lincoln, a brand that has been dead on the vine for years. Right now it sure looks to me like GM has done a better job of bringing out new products (new Buicks/Cruze/small SUV thingys) even though Ford has been getting so much positive press. Re Fiat/Chrysler, they are doing ok but I wonder how well Fiats will sell in the US. That little 850 will do ok but I doubt anything else (including Alfas) will be more than a niche. They need Dodge and Chrysler to do well. Lets hope they all do well.

The fact that your post is missing is that when Mullaly "mortgaged the house" he planned on Ford to be in the red until 2011. That was before the 2008 economic melt down. Ford turned a total annual profit of 2 Billion dollars in 2009 and has run in the black ever since that's two years ahead of schedule even with the economic crunch!! I don't think they have anything to worry about.

AConvertedChevy
10-28-2010, 12:02 PM
First and best stock I ever bought