PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wasson's MM stolen

Mike Poore
10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I just saw on Facebook that our old friend Dan Wasson's Marauder has been stolen. Dan lives in Detroit, and the story with the Police is much the same as Dom's when his K-5 was stolen. "Come in and file a report.(yawn)" Keep your eyes open folks.

It's sad news, and I hope they find it, Dan.

Um, have they looked in Lian' Dave's garage yet? :o

Bluerauder
10-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I just saw on Facebook that our old friend Dan Wasson's Marauder has been stolen. Dan lives in Detroit, and the story with the Police is much the same as Dom's when his K-5 was stolen. "Come in and file a report.(yawn)" Keep your eyes open folks.

It's sad news, and I hope they find it, Dan.

This is a dayum shame. :o And, I hope that they are able to recover it quickly. However with every passing day, chances are that it will be parted out to make 10 Marauder clones in the Detroit area.

Good luck on the recovery. I met Dan at Marauderville III and sat with him under the canopy on Woodward for the Dream Cruise in August 2005. The man is a virtual automobile encyclopedia of knowledge. :up:

Thanks for posting Mike. Glad to see that you are still popping in on occasion. :D

Mike Poore
10-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Our experience with Dan was the same as yours. He's a terrific guy.
We were on our way back from the kids' and missed the pub crawl. We know the Stoudt's from our old beer making days, and so were very disappointed to have missed it. We do check the CAM going's on; but the shooting tour and those rotten grandkids take most of our weekends. BTW we lunched at the ABC in Gettysburg today and were thinking of you guys over a "HEFFE".
PS> Saw your post/thread about Eric's new MM. :D

justbob
10-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Thats a shame, hope he gets it back in good shape.

Cheeseheadbob
10-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Florida Evans pretty much sums up this effed up situation... I wish I knew how to put the vid in the thread. Maybe someone can help me with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e08iD26Rj8&NR=1

Bluerauder
10-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Florida Evans pretty much sums up this effed up situation... I wish I knew how to put the vid in the thread. Maybe someone can help me with that.

_e08iD26Rj8&NR
There ^^^^ you did it. ;)

Bigdogjim
10-26-2010, 08:22 PM
It is a real shame Dan is such a nice guy. Hope the police find it quick.

Motorhead350
10-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Don't ever give in to the insurance company. It took me two months, but my truck turned up.

secretservice
10-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Keep eyes peeled for eBay and CL posting for Marauder parts in that area...

TAKEDOWN
10-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I hope you get your MARAUDER back in the same condition, and some bad ju-ju happens to the scum-bag/s that too your Baby away from you!

Leadfoot281
10-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Totally speachless. That really sucks. Hope the car is found quickly.

martyo
10-27-2010, 12:50 PM
That sucks.

I am sorry to hear this.

CBT
10-28-2010, 03:51 AM
How did it happen?

Mike Poore
01-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Update: Dan posted that his car has been recovered....extensive body damage, they said. The location was Oak Park, wherever that is. :shake:

CBT
01-11-2011, 07:44 AM
So did he leave the keys in it?

Bluerauder
01-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Update: Dan posted that his car has been recovered....extensive body damage, they said. The location was Oak Park, wherever that is. :shake:

Great news about the recovery. Hope that the damage is repairable without too much financial pain.

Oak Park, MI is only about 2 miles SouthWest of Woodward and 11 Mile Road. Really not that far at all from Dugan's Irish Pub and the Burger King site in Royal Oak that MCM uses during WDC.

F8LBITEva
01-11-2011, 08:27 AM
unless it got towed, how did they override the PATS system?

CBT
01-11-2011, 08:29 AM
unless it got towed, how did they override the PATS system?
I've asked twice how it happened and got nothing.

JOEMERC
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM
man that sucks ,but do you really want it back after they beat the snot out of it? How did they get past the pats system.i guess it can be done.good luck on repairing it to what it once was.

justbob
01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
All anyone needs is a tune with the PATS turned off. I have one.

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
I would want it back and baby it into rehabilitation!

Dragcity
01-11-2011, 06:12 PM
All anyone needs is a tune with the PATS turned off. I have one.

So do you think maybe another Marauder owner swiped it?

justbob
01-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Anyone with a MM or Mach1/cobra auto tune I would imagine? Could be wrong. Could be someone who stole or bought an Xcal from someone and had the Pats turned off? many possibilites, not even including all the locksmiths out there that can handle this.

Dragcity
01-11-2011, 08:37 PM
That is very disturbing to hear. I still feel terrible for Dan. Don't know how one can over that.

cvpiftw
01-16-2011, 11:54 AM
If a car guy stole it, at least a MM or M1 owner, the car would have not been joyrode, more of the car would have been parted

dakslim
01-17-2011, 08:51 AM
I've asked twice how it happened and got nothing.

No one's paying attention to you Casey!:P

Mike Poore
01-17-2011, 07:25 PM
From what he posted about cashing the insurance check, I don't think he even bothered to go look at what was left of it.

I'm paraphrasing; but the gist of it was: it belongs to the insurance company's now.:razz:

BLACK SHEEP
01-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Sorry for the loss and glad he got it back.

Could someone point me in the right direction to get more info about this PATS system. Or just explain it here real quick....hehehe. Thx.

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-18-2011, 12:17 AM
He didn't get it back..:(

HammerDown
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
No one's paying attention to you Casey!:P

Inquiring minds would like to know............along with Casey...........

Vortex
01-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Dan Wasson needed a Dan Wesson.

cpe6
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Thats the reason why my MM is no more than 5 feet away from me and never sleeps outside, I hope its recovered Dan

CBT
08-22-2011, 09:08 AM
So did he leave the keys in it?

TAKEDOWN
08-22-2011, 09:16 AM
^^^ Lol, CrazZzY you're STILL askin'! ^^^

CBT
08-22-2011, 09:38 AM
^^^ Lol, CrazZzY you're STILL askin'! ^^^

Someone WILL :censor: answer me......:mad2:

SC Cheesehead
08-22-2011, 10:09 AM
You HAVE been gone a long time, haven't you? ;)

Fosters
08-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Call me a crazy commie bastard, but I think we need the Chinese mobile execution van for car thieves. Shoot them in the head on the side of the road and bill the family for the bullet.

Mustang's been broken in 3x in my garage. Old camaro once. Excursion once. Jeep once. Girlfriend's suzuki grand vitara once.

If I ever catch someone messing with my cars, I'm going to jail for a long time.

Bigdogjim
08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Old thread alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBT
08-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Call me a crazy commie bastard, but I think we need the Chinese mobile execution van for car thieves. Shoot them in the head on the side of the road and bill the family for the bullet.

Mustang's been broken in 3x in my garage. Old camaro once. Excursion once. Jeep once. Girlfriend's suzuki grand vitara once.

If I ever catch someone messing with my cars, I'm going to jail for a long time.

You guys have the largest population of Somalians around there, thanks to that whole Black Hawk Down incident. Just sayin.

Kodimar
08-22-2011, 11:18 AM

You need to get out of Minneapolis...

Fosters
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
You need to get out of Minneapolis...

I'm in shakopee, but yeah, not much better... mustang and camaro were broken into back in phoenix, mustang at least was broken into by the apt complex maintenance people (only explanation to how they got in the garage after I figured out how to change the code on the remote, and changed it every weekend).

You guys have the largest population of Somalians around there, thanks to that whole Black Hawk Down incident. Just sayin.

I don't know what draws them here, but I always feared when driving the excursion, that some pirate was gonna try and board it/hijack it... :D

CBT
08-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm in shakopee, but yeah, not much better... mustang and camaro were broken into back in phoenix, mustang at least was broken into by the apt complex maintenance people (only explanation to how they got in the garage after I figured out how to change the code on the remote, and changed it every weekend).

I don't know what draws them here, but I always feared when driving the excursion, that some pirate was gonna try and board it/hijack it... :D

What drew them there? We brought about 200,000 of them over here!! Anytime we invade a country, we fly untold thousands of them over here. There's like 80 thousand Iraq's here just because they worked for the U.S. while we are over there, and they fear for thier lives since we are leaving. Since most of the attacks on bases and service folks over there were inside jobs, I wonder how many terrrorist we let in so far? Crazy, man.

Fosters
08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
What drew them there? We brought about 200,000 of them over here!! Anytime we invade a country, we fly untold thousands of them over here. There's like 80 thousand Iraq's here just because they worked for the U.S. while we are over there, and they fear for thier lives since we are leaving. Since most of the attacks on bases and service folks over there were inside jobs, I wonder how many terrrorist we let in so far? Crazy, man.
Ahh, I didn't know about that; I thought you were joking about the black hawk down thing. Makes sense though. Too bad they didn't send them to like, the middle of Kansas. Nobody would have known they were there. :lol:

71cyclone
08-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Is low jack worth it ????

TAKEDOWN
08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Old thread alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know... LOL, blame CBT!!! I say ban him so I can have Guspech750 for myself.

guspech750
08-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I know... LOL, blame CBT!!! I say ban him so I can have Guspech750 for myself.
CBT is so yesterday like parachute pants. HISTORY!!!!!
Mmmmmmmmmm. Takedown. Such eye candy. So Yummy!! :D

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Bigdogjim
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
This thread is now starting to make me sick :puke: