PDA

View Full Version : So now that so many people are doing Eaton swaps.. Has Trilogy..

Vortech347
10-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Considered lowering their prices to compete with the DIY market now that there is far more inexpensive option out now?

3pedal
10-27-2010, 05:15 PM
That is an interesting question. I suppose it depends on how much bunsiness they are losing and how much room the have to drop the price.

I would be more nervous that they would just stop shipping their system.

justbob
10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Even though I bought a used kit, I would only have it the Trilogy way myself. I have TRIED to pay for replacement / upgrade parts only to get told absolutely not.

I have a book, with all the part numbers and detailed drawings and wording that even a child could understand, that sits right tight in my trunk orginizer ready to be handed to any Ford mechanic to fix if I am out of town.

I have had way to many good experiences and trouble free miles with the company that I would do it all over again in a heartbeat and even pay more.

I am just too busy to resource my own used parts as well.

Quite simply, peace of mind.:beer:

SC Cheesehead
10-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Even though I bought a used kit, I would only have it the Trilogy way myself. I have TRIED to pay for replacement / upgrade parts only to get told absolutely not.

I have a book, with all the part numbers and detailed drawings and wording that even a child could understand, that sits right tight in my trunk orginizer ready to be handed to any Ford mechanic to fix if I am out of town.

I have had way to many good experiences and trouble free miles with the company that I would do it all over again in a heartbeat and even pay more.

I am just too busy to resource my own used parts as well.

Quite simply, peace of mind.:beer:

Bob hit it right on the head.

Trilogy has the premier bolt-on S/C kit, IMO.

The Eaton swap, on the other hand, is going to take a lot longer, require a lot of patience to hunt down parts, and then some ingenuity to install.

I don't see the Eaton swaps having a big impact on Trilogy's business.

jstevens
10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Are you frick'en kidding me. The trilogy kit it plug and play. No trying to find parts, no custom machining of anything.

I would still pay the asking price. This thing is awesome and OEM good.

SC Cheesehead
10-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Are you frick'en kidding me. The trilogy kit it plug and play. No trying to find parts, no custom machining of anything.

I would still pay the asking price. This thing is awesome and OEM good.

Ahhhh, isn't that what I just said? :rolleyes:

3pedal
10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
I certainly think the Trilogy kit is the way I want to go if I install a SC. Of course I would be happy if they lowered the price.

I have done enough piece it together stuff in the past.

tbone
10-27-2010, 08:00 PM
What is the going price for the Trilogy kit? Where?

ntd
10-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Trilogy is nice but if you are willing to use common sense and some ingenuity greater things can be had for less $. My pieced together kit runs just fine

SC Cheesehead
10-28-2010, 04:26 AM
What is the going price for the Trilogy kit? Where?

Wes at Innovative Interceptors is a Trilogy dealer.

http://www.innovativeinterceptors.com/mm.html

IIRC, cost for the base set-up is around $6K.

Vortech347
10-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Thats about 40% more.

BODYMAN
10-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Thats about 40% more.

Yeah & 40% is alot of $ in this economy! Of course as JustBob said if out of town & break down you got the manual give to a wrench maybe very helpful. Either way there good, Eaton or Trilogy I would just have a problem spending 6,XXX when for say 30-40% less you can get same results?? It is pretty Dam cool for a person verse a corp. To come up with what 1 memeber did that is what I find the most amazing thing!!:beer::beer: just my .02 cents

CobraSVT657
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
right now... im 90% to the eaton swap... all I need is a Marauder. I have everything but misc hoses and fab work.. I'm under $2000.00

Ported blower, intake manifold, intercooler $450
tensioner bracket with 100mm pully $300
lower 2,4,6# pulley with hub free from friend
39# inj $85
3 gallon aluminum ice box i made $50
LFP duel pass heat exchanger $125
KB 40amp BAP $100
Ford GT fuel pump $110
SCT BA2800 laying around
03-04 JLT CAI laying around

Just picked up a accufab TB and elbow for $250

ImpalaSlayer
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I haven't had luck with any vendor that sells a kit for the mm so I said hell with it and went eaton. With that said, I've had better support through this web site from people who I didn't just spend thousands with. Passengerside inlet ftw. I have learned quite a lot doing my own thing and that's far more valuable then plug and play to me.

88LTDCV351
10-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Trilogy just needs to get a Executive Order Carb number then they might sell a few more units. just kidding

BODYMAN
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Trilogy just needs to get a Executive Order Carb number then they might sell a few more units. just kidding

Isnt Obama supposed to fix that? He was going to fix everything else for us peasents RIGHT? Iam still waiting for him to make my mortgage payment, Oh wait that was in sum dreamland were all the ***** voted for him;)

Zack
10-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Eaton swaps are great. If you have 6k burning a hole in your pocket, definitely get the Trilogy.

By doing an eaton swap, it give you many more PD Blower options to upgrade to in the future, as well as being able to make more power (when ported) over the Trilogy Magnuson Eaton.

BODYMAN
10-28-2010, 01:16 PM
I haven't had luck with any vendor that sells a kit for the mm so I said hell with it and went eaton. With that said, I've had better support through this web site from people who I didn't just spend thousands with. Passengerside inlet ftw. I have learned quite a lot doing my own thing and that's far more valuable then plug and play to me.

NO Dave just get that CC out and they will help you. You got it all wrong /JK I seem to remember working with Steigemeier on a certain S/C kit, He needed some info on certain pulley 4- calls not one call back? I guess me not metioning anything about buying a kit did it. Well it did it made me make sure I never spent a dime there.

Iam +1 on what you said members on here always willing to help :beer:

FormulaMarauder
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
A factor (minor) that I put into perspective is that while I was looking for a blower, Trilogy decided to kill their Twin Screw system after a VERY short debut. There isn't a big push for demand in regards to mods for our cars. After all, it is a quasi-limited production vehicle. There is a small group of enthusiasts that mod these cars to the point of blowers, several hundreds at best.

Zack
10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
The Twin Screw compressor is readily available from Lysholm. Why people think they cannot obtain one is BEYOND ME!

DOOM
10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
By doing an eaton swap, it give you many more PD Blower options to upgrade to in the future, as well as being able to make more power (when ported) over the Trilogy Magnuson Eaton.

I'm happy with the power trilogy #173 is putting down! :coolman:

500+ to the wheels to be exact! :D

BODYMAN
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm happy with the power trilogy #173 is putting down! :coolman:

500+ to the wheels to be exact! :D

when ported they do make some great power:beer:

MrBluGruv
10-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking of financing a kit now, it'll be my luck that by the time I can pay cash outright they will have stopped selling the kit. Unless I'm mistaken about the way that kit is produced...

DOOM
10-28-2010, 04:27 PM
when ported they do make some great power:beer:

Posi performance FTMFW!!!! :rock: :bows: :burnout:

Vortech347
10-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm going Posi on our 01' this spring. They make a quality product.