PDA

View Full Version : Tried this on for size today

Vortex
10-29-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb/UI/WebForms2/InventoryDetail.aspx?id=8850

My mind is wavering, Im thinking strongly.... must.... fight...urge....

Got_1
10-29-2010, 04:06 PM
i respect their power but to me its just boring

ctrlraven
10-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Got to love the Gas Guzzler Tax. :lol:
http://www.texascarsdirect.com/Content/InvPics/8850sub101.jpg

tremblay
10-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Great car, great power, great handling etc
Not very good looking if you ask me but still a great car....
However, you have to know what you are getting into! Any type of maintenance = $$$$
But I guess if you have the $$$ for it you have the $$ for maintenance and repairs

YOU GOTTA PAY IF YOU WANNA PLAY!!!!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
10-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Two words bubba:

Volkswagen Phaeton... ;)

secretservice
10-29-2010, 06:48 PM
But does VW have ultra trick door armrest storage??? Huh?

Mr. Man
10-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Since Ford no longer wants our business I got to ask ..How'd you fit?

SpartaPerformance
10-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Even das mentinanz unt axpenzive!

Pat
10-29-2010, 08:32 PM
I think I understand the ^^^^^^^^^^post^^^^^^^.

Jim, "keep your day job"

Vortex
10-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Since Ford no longer wants our business I got to ask ..How'd you fit?

As a "Man of Size" I was real comfortable. More room than the MM up front. Usually cars with sunroofs are out of the question for me (in fact, when I got my MM I tried one with a sunroof but only had maybe 1/2 head clearance so I passed) but I had maybe 1 1/2 inches of headroom. More than likely not going to pull the trigger but damn it was a nice car. The 07's and 10's look identical and there was not a scratch on this one. Would be cool driving a car that cost close to 100k new (when you add tax) for less than half the price. One thing interesting to me is it was parked next to 3 CLS class sedans and I really like the looks of those but this car was just so much bigger; a much longer wheelbase, higher beltline and a much bigger cabin. Well, my urges to buy are lessening... I feel better now...

LIGHTNIN1
10-29-2010, 10:57 PM
This car is very nice as are Mercedes.Before you purchase go drive a used Jaguar XJ. Their price drops fast also and to me they are a much better looking car and nicer.I've owned them and would now except for a hefty student loan I needed to get paid. That same dealer used to stock some nice ones.

martyo
10-30-2010, 01:26 AM
I love those cars.

I was also in an Audi the other day and it was sweet too. Have you tried one of them out?

boatmangc
10-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Yeah I would lean more towards the Audi if I didn't have such a great MM!

Spectragod
10-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Take one in for a routine service, that will change your mind....

Raven34
10-30-2010, 07:15 AM
I love those cars.

I was also in an Audi the other day and it was sweet too. Have you tried one of them out?

When my sister's mecredes went into the shop (minor issue under warranty) she rented an audi a8 from the dealer and that car is awesome! It wasnt the newest one but it is what made me decide my marauder needed more power LOL. :hmmm:
To the OP, beautiful car good luck with whatever you decide.:D

martyo
10-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Take one in for a routine service, that will change your mind....

Flat rate for doing a TQ converter on the Audi is 40 hours at $135/hr., plus like $1,500 in parts.

fastblackmerc
10-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Take one in for a routine service, that will BLOW your mind....

Fixed it for you!

secretservice
10-30-2010, 07:33 AM
That is ridiculous. A whole week's pay for the tech!

Vortex
10-30-2010, 07:44 AM
This car is very nice as are Mercedes.Before you purchase go drive a used Jaguar XJ. Their price drops fast also and to me they are a much better looking car and nicer.I've owned them and would now except for a hefty student loan I needed to get paid. That same dealer used to stock some nice ones.

If you click on the "inventory" on the web page they have a bunch of jags and Land Rovers too. This place is a luxury car leasing outfit in Dallas and has been around a long time. Their prices are very good, usually just above wholesale (acording to Edmunds that S-class wholesales for 39 and retails for 42, they are asking 39). Anyway, some days I get bored and go look at cars and get all excited about something then I sleep on it and remember Im going to need my roof reshingled pretty soon....

SC Cheesehead
10-30-2010, 07:47 AM
If you click on the "inventory" on the web page they have a bunch of jags and Land Rovers too. This place is a luxury car leasing outfit in Dallas and has been around a long time. Their prices are very good, usually just above wholesale (acording to Edmunds that S-class wholesales for 39 and retails for 42, they are asking 39). Anyway, some days I get bored and go look at cars and get all excited about something then I sleep on it and remember Im going to need my roof reshingled pretty soon....

My wife is good at reminding me about these types of things... ;)

rumble
10-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Jim, you need to talk to my spouse. She has a 2008 750LI and before that
a 2005 A8L. She loved her Audi but when Audi dropped their free service program she went with the BMW.
(That and the fact she wanted burgundy and the A8 didn't offer it)
She also drove the Lexus 460 but after the German
cars it handled like a pig so she wouldn't even consider it. The MB obviously
is a great car but, like others here have said, you need a pipe line to the
mint to keep it serviced.

The VW Phaeton? Believe me, you want to stay away from that like a steer from a branding iron. Unbelievable repair history. Electrical problems,
window regulators, ignition coils and on and on and on...............

But then I have a Marauder so that's not my problem.

LIGHTNIN1
10-30-2010, 08:08 PM

I used to keep up with his website when I was looking for a car and called him about a couple Jags.A guy here I met purchased from him and got a good deal. That is a very nice Mercedes you are looking at.

dohc324ci
10-31-2010, 09:37 AM
I love the Big Merc S550s go for it. Just be ready to pay for any repairs maintenance. Enjoy.

jflave
10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
I drive a 09 for work, great car, but i don't have to pay for anything. :)

Mr. Man
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Go check out the Hyundai Equuis. Supposed to be really nice and probably half the price of a Mercedes.

Motorhead350
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
A Benz is like Milk. It's only good when it's new. After that stay away, but when it's new it's very nice!