PDA

View Full Version : Grand Marquis LS vs GS Differences ?

stryker
10-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Ok Marauderers, here's my new doubt, I have seen the two models but I was asking myself ¿ Which are the differences between these two models ? I have seen and I see them same some things I note in this models are alloy wheels vs steel wheels, auto dim center mirror vs simple one. i wanto to know if there are other differences between these two models and if mechanical/drievetrain are differences too, any more info I will be granted before start looking for a replacement of the " MERC75-INTERCEPTOR" Thank you Marauderers for the time to read. :confused:

TFB
10-30-2010, 09:11 PM
It sort of depends on the year but basically the LS has more standard frills than the GS... Some things like leather seats, EATC, auto dimming mirror & electronic cluster were only avail on the LS(as options), while other items like keyless entry & paint stripe were std but optional on GS... The handling package with dual exhaust, air suspension, 3.27 gears, aluminum wheels, etc was optional on either model...

I'm taking this info from a '98 dealer album, no doubt there were changes through the years...

If you can find one with the LSE option(LSE wasn't yet avail in '98), they are equipped almost like the Marauder with bucket seats, console, handling package, etc... Of course this is excepting for the 4V engine... Problem with finding one of the LSE models, they are still I'd as a LS on the rear deck... A friend has a '03, even has floor mats similar to the Marauders, but with LSE on them...

Ryans PI
10-30-2010, 10:41 PM
The LS model was the highest level you could get. It included optional all leather seats and a digital cluster. They also came with a leatherwrap steeringwheel, EATC, auto-dime rearview mirror, remote keyless entry and key pad on door, and upgraded "tear drop" wheels and standard 2.73 gears unless it had the HPP. Single exhaust was also standard unless it had the HPP. On a few slected years, the LSE package was avilable- which came stadard with front leather buckets, center console with floorshifter, 3.27 gears, and air-ride suspension.

The GS model was the basic of the two. All cloth seats, standard anolog gauge cluster and full wheelcovers and 2.73 unless it had the HPP. Single exhaust was standard unless it had the HPP.

At one point, both the LS and GS were optioned to come with the HPP- Performance & Handeling Package. This package included 3.27 gears, air-ride suspension, 16" lacey spoke wheels and dual exhaust.

Yeah I know, I'm pretty much repeating the above post.

stryker
11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Thank you Mangs for that info, that help me a lot, I found in a dealer a Mercury Grandmarquis GS 2005 it looks same as the 2003 but with some changes some of them s*cks example anthena is not inside,door side moldings are smaller than the 2003, I check under car and it was very clean and care it has 60.000 milles but I cannot check the inside due that was raised in a lift, price is $14.000 bucks but I will still searching while my health condition allow me.

TFB
11-09-2010, 02:21 PM
WOW $14,000 for a '05 with 60K mi??? Either that's a rip or cars are high in PR... I paid $15,800 for my 14K mi, '07 GS back in May of '08 and that was from a Lincoln-Mercury dealership...

stryker
11-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah mang you right, here in P.R> cars are higher in prices but can you Imagine that when the Marauder came to P.R. the price was $ 58.000.00 dollars and the monthly payment giving $10.000.00 in advance was $850.00, that's why when you see here a Marauder is because the owner's are very $$$$$$$$$ rich, even I saw once a Marauder used 2004 silver with 90.000 milles in $ 21.000.00 dollars, incredible. :awe:

Fosters
11-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Here you go:

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwork s.com/2006-mercury-grand-marquis-7.htm

I was looking at some 06's before my MM.

massacre
11-10-2010, 05:26 AM
My '93 Merc is an LS.
It does have the rear map lights, automatic fuel door, and couple other things the MM has, but no leather, no air ride, no eatc, analog dash.

So in '93 the LS was no big whoop.....lol

TFB
11-10-2010, 07:30 AM
My '93 Merc is an LS.
It does have the rear map lights, automatic fuel door, and couple other things the MM has, but no leather, no air ride, no eatc, analog dash.

So in '93 the LS was no big whoop.....lol
Sounds like it's equipped like my '92LS was, though mine did have optional alloy wheels(swapped it's wheels with my '93GS before I sold it)... The leather seats in my '98 LS were a $745 option that I'd just as soon not have...

In '98 there were two option packages for the LS(neither avail on GS), the Premium Package included; alloy wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel, EATC, passenger power seat, and auto dim review mirror with compass(mine has this package)... There was also a Ultimate Package that included the Premium items plus; ABS with traction control, Digital Dash, and Premium sound with RDS... Leather was a stand alone option, not included in any package... There was also a handling package with alloy wheels, dual exhaust, 3.27 rear axle and rear air suspension, this was avail on either GS or LS...

BTW my '98 does not have a fuel door release, nor is it listed as available, both my '92LS & 93GS had the feature...

massacre
11-10-2010, 08:30 AM
^^^ good point.
Mine had alloy (15")wheels, cruise, abs and tracion "assist"
That's when the car mooos like a cow when the wheels break loose.

05 MGM ULTIMATE
04-27-2016, 09:41 AM
I just got a 2005 Ultimate LS with the handling package. And I can tell you that this car is far superior to the standard GRAND MARQUIS. The biggest difference in them is that 3.27 gear ratio I swear it's night and day. Of course the dual exhaust hp boost from 224 to 239 helps too but those gears man way better. I drove a 2011 then drove mine and was thinking what in the hell does this car have?! So I started doing research on my 05 and that's when I discovered the handling package. I was originally looking for an LSE but couldn't find one. They are out there and you can get one cheap most people do not know what they have its crazy but it's true. Great car easy to work on and i get compliments on it everywhere I go, older people love it and so do younger kids. I had a 25 year old kid stop me wanting to know all about it. I talked to him for two hours about i even explained the LSE model to him. He was driving a Fast and Furious style 350z but was very intrigued by my car. Lol.