PDA

View Full Version : SEMA Show 2010

Vortex
11-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Ive been following the SEMA show on different sites and Ive come to the realization that most of the cars there look like crapola to my eyes. I guess things go in and out of style over time and yep, Im becoming an older fellow. To me most of the pics of the cars Ive seen look like they just have all sorts of doodads glued on them (wings/scoops/spoilers) the cars are so low they look dumb and that flat black paint job look just looks like primer to me. I was looking on another site that had cars from a nostalgia drag race/show and to my eyes those cars just seem cooler. Im sure these new ones are faster or have way better stereos but another funky slammed dayglo green/flat black Camaro with flushfit weird camber wheels I do not need. Just venting.

YankeeMarauder
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
+1. Old school or no school baby!

Satin = Spray bomb primer.

Did you notice any with portholes???

But Im just sayin!!

cruzer
11-03-2010, 09:10 PM
That in the past 10 years, the styling has changed so full size cars look like the "Hot Wheels" my son had in the 60s--and they continue to look more like them every year. Think about it--the kids that grew up playing with them are now the top auto designers-- or am I making wrong assumptions--just look at the ads for collector "Hot Wheels". I'm old enough I'll never have to drive one of those ugly vehicles. Age has it's advantages, Maury

Juice
11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm just a rug-rat, but I like the new stuff. :)

Motorhead350
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
+1. Old school or no school baby!

+1

I hate modern cars with one huge exception and a few small ones.

yjmud
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
+1

I hate modern cars with one huge exception and a few small ones.
sell yours then and get a 64

Motorhead350
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
sell yours then and get a 64

I don't ever wanna sell mine.

The problem with old cars is they are old. I have learned the hard way they will have problems and cost money no matter what. Right now my daily driver is a 20 year old Chevy truck. That thing needs a new gasket for something every week. Not because it's a Chevy, it's simply because of age.

Believe me if I could I would love to cruise down the street in a 6-4. Right now it's just not going to happen. American cars have gotten so ugly because of safety and emission standards. Even the huge box cars GM made in the 80s were cool looking to me. I'd love to have a Delta 88 or just another C-10. Those cars are so much more comfortable and stylish to me. Don't get me started on what's become of Cadillac. :(