PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters The Wall Tour

DEFYANT
11-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I caught The Wall show in NJ Izod center last night. Talk about an amazing show. I highly recommend seeing this show if you are able. I will be seeing it again in Philly with my son next week.

More reviews here:
http://www.facebook.com/rogerwaters

RacerX
11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I saw it in Boston! Video taped the whole show!;) Last time I saw them was Sullivan Stadium in 88. Iwas straight this time and it was just as fun!

merc
11-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I had tickets for the Verizon Center show. I liked the movie better. The concert sucked in many ways. Starting with the price of the tickets. I wish Roger Water used some of his other songs. Building a wall and putting the band behind it was lame. The first five minutes was the best. I spent 1,000 dollars for 4 tickets, what a waste. David Gilmore put on a better show.:bigcry:

RacerX
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Same show, I think I was happier because I paid less than $100 and paid about $60 for four good shirts. ;) I'm sure it was better for those on organic meds too though...

John Nero
11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
i will see the show next saturday - Nov 13th - in south florida

not5-0
11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm going to the 2nd show in S fla on Sunday 11/14, and I took Monday off of work too.!! :banana2:

blackhueys
11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
saw it last week at the twin citys mn xcel center! Awesome show but I did have VIP tickets and my seats where row 5 dead center! Next up is ozzy, bought VIP tickets for this as well it is going to be a meet and great so that will rock will post the pics after the show!

DEFYANT
11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Call me irresponsible, but I am bringing my son to the next show in Philly! We will be center section row 10!! The tix were expensive, but in my opinion, worth every cent!

The worst part was the price of tee shirts, programs and other stuff for sale.

BODYMAN
11-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Would like to see this it be a blast! Saw them in 88 in Dallas in the middle of Run Like hell it started porring rain it was a wild show!!

CRUZTAKER
11-05-2010, 06:14 AM
I saw it in Cleveland a few weeks ago.

One thing to look for here though.

Out side the arena before the concert, there a was a shoddy homeless man pushing a shopping cart full of junk carrying a sign that read "need money for food" on one side, and "need money for booze and hookers" on the opposite. He was alone.

No one really paid attention to him, and a few gave him donations.

Once inside the arena, we saw him again walking the floor.
Again, accepting the occational donation. One fan acctually pushed him away and appeared to tell him to leave.

Moments before the concert, the homeless man pushed his cart slowly toward the stage, stopped, rooted through his junk and pulled out a large stuffed and sewn boy character as seen in the 'the wall' literature and cartoon scenes.

He promply heaved it up and onto the stage, and then walked away from his cart and back stage.

HOLY *****....It was Roger Waters the entire time...and nearly everyone was oblivious.

DEFYANT
11-06-2010, 10:13 PM
I saw it in Cleveland a few weeks ago.

One thing to look for here though.

Out side the arena before the concert, there a was a shoddy homeless man pushing a shopping cart full of junk carrying a sign that read "need money for food" on one side, and "need money for booze and hookers" on the opposite. He was alone.

No one really paid attention to him, and a few gave him donations.

Once inside the arena, we saw him again walking the floor.
Again, accepting the occational donation. One fan acctually pushed him away and appeared to tell him to leave.

Moments before the concert, the homeless man pushed his cart slowly toward the stage, stopped, rooted through his junk and pulled out a large stuffed and sewn boy character as seen in the 'the wall' literature and cartoon scenes.

He promply heaved it up and onto the stage, and then walked away from his cart and back stage.

HOLY *****....It was Roger Waters the entire time...and nearly everyone was oblivious.

There was a homeless guy wandering around the floor seating area at the NJ show also. It clearly was not Roger. But he was part of the gig. And yes, people were giving him money! :rolleyes: Knowing RW, it'll get donated to charity.

ShadyLurker
11-06-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm going to the Tampa show on the 16th. Scored some close to stage floor seats. Also i have 2 floor seats farther back for sale, face value.:banana2:
PM me if you're interested.

ShadyLurker
11-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Building a wall and putting the band behind it was lame. :bigcry: Thats how the original concert was done. And he's playing songs from the wall. It's not a greatist hits tour.

Red Ryder
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I saw the show in Detroit.....I thought it was incredible. I wish I had a chance to see it a second time !

BLACKMARAUDER04
11-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Saw the show last night at Staples Center. Sat in $250 seats next to the stage. Knowing the ticket business, I paid $20 to get in. I missed the first 10 minutes of the show. Disappointing they didn't play an encore song.