PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veteran's Day...

Egon Spengler
11-11-2010, 06:46 AM
So many words I could say, but am going to sum it up...

Thank you.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs946.snc4/73945_10150116374937926_562932 925_7682364_2462885_n.jpg

SC Cheesehead
11-11-2010, 07:08 AM
BIG +1

THANK YOU to all our veterans for your service and sacrifice.

gdsqdcr
11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Thank you to all who have served, are serving and will serve to protect my freedom.

ctrlraven
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Thank you to all who have served, are serving and will serve to protect my freedom.
Same thing I would say!

:beer:

CBT
11-11-2010, 03:24 PM
:flag: Thank you for those who served before me and those who served with me and those who serve after me. Speaking of that, kids who were in the 5th grade on September 11th, 2001 are now fighting in Iraq and Afgannyland. Happy Veterans Day, kids! Keep them safe, Lord.:flag:

PonyUP
11-11-2010, 03:51 PM
:flag: Thank you for those who served before me and those who served with me and those who serve after me. Speaking of that, kids who were in the 5th grade on September 11th, 2001 are now fighting in Iraq and Afgannyland. Happy Veterans Day, kids! Keep them safe, Lord.:flag:

Wow thats actually I pretty sobering thought to think those kids are fighting today.

Thank you to all who have given so much and risk even more every day to keep our country safe. To all men and women who have served, and are serving, your sacrifice humbles us all. Thank you

CBT
11-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Wow thats actually I pretty sobering thought to think those kids are fighting today.

Thank you to all who have given so much and risk even more every day to keep our country safe. To all men and women who have served, and are serving, your sacrifice humbles us all. Thank you

My jaw dropped when I read the article. Time does fly. 2010 is already the deadliest year for U.S. troops in Afgannyland since we started in on them in 2001. And in Iraq, the Sunni's just walked out on talks with Iraqi leaders. So much for them getting along when it comes to sharing power. We have reached the point of diminishing return in those two **** holes, and it is time to walk away. And now that I think about it, who cares if Saddam DID have WMD's? He couldn't hit us with them, so who cares? The Saudis do not care for peace in Iraq, peace would mean a steady and reliable flow of oil into the market, which would cause the price of oil of drop. You think they want that in Dubai? They wouldn't even let us stage equipment in Saudi or use their airbases when we invaded Iraq. I have 3 daughters. One is a Senior, one is a Junior, and one is not yet in high school. How did I, as a veteran, make the world safer for them when they could very well end up over there? I am a veteran of two wars and numerous "Operations", but I do not feel very patriotic today. Sorry, Veterans Day and Memorial Day and pretty much every day we are still over there sets me on fire.

kernie
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM
My jaw dropped when I read the article. Time does fly. 2010 is already the deadliest year for U.S. troops in Afgannyland since we started in on them in 2001. And in Iraq, the Sunni's just walked out on talks with Iraqi leaders. So much for them getting along when it comes to sharing power. We have reached the point of diminishing return in those two **** holes, and it is time to walk away. And now that I think about it, who cares if Saddam DID have WMD's? He couldn't hit us with them, so who cares? The Saudis do not care for peace in Iraq, peace would mean a steady and reliable flow of oil into the market, which would cause the price of oil of drop. You think they want that in Dubai? They wouldn't even let us stage equipment in Saudi or use their airbases when we invaded Iraq. I have 3 daughters. One is a Senior, one is a Junior, and one is not yet in high school. How did I, as a veteran, make the world safer for them when they could very well end up over there? I am a veteran of two wars and numerous "Operations", but I do not feel very patriotic today. Sorry, Veterans Day and Memorial Day and pretty much every day we are still over there sets me on fire.

You, as a veteran have the right to say what i want to say.

And the title of this thread is out of wack, nothing happy about this day.

All the respect possible to all the vets out there, today is "rememberance day" here in Canada, with sorrow, we remember.

Ladyhawke
11-11-2010, 08:46 PM
:flag:

To all our veterans, Thank You for your service, sacrifice and protecting our freedom!!

dakslim
11-12-2010, 09:11 AM
You, as a veteran have the right to say what i want to say.

And the title of this thread is out of wack, nothing happy about this day.

All the respect possible to all the vets out there, today is "rememberance day" here in Canada, with sorrow, we remember.

I agree that there should be nothing "happy" about Veterans Day. When I was a kid it was Armistice Day, remembered at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

Ms. Denmark
11-12-2010, 02:27 PM

To all our veterans, Thank You for your service, sacrifice and protecting our freedom!!

:flag:Could not have said it better!! THANK YOU!!