PDA

View Full Version : I would like to thank them...

Blk Mamba
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Them? Rosey the Riveter, they gave up so much, yet never get celebrated. they gave up their husbands to war, home life to factory work, leisure to hard task, they didn't have to, but this country never would have won WWII without them. Why is there not a day we remember them, only recently there was a movie produced, but no commemoration.

Blk Mamba
12-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Although I got no response out of the original thread, I've decided to add this, the woman, who's picture was used as the Icon for "Rosie the Riveter" has died.

thathotrodlincn
12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Our thoughts, prayers and thanks for the courage and industry of the women workers of WWII as embodied by Geraldine Hoff Doyle who was the face of Rosie the Riveter posters in WWII. And thanks for the original post that triggered my memories of that time.

SC Cheesehead
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
^^^^^ Roger, that. ^^^^^

Marauderjack
12-30-2010, 03:31 PM
The "Comraderie" that existed back then is long since gone!!:(

Thank you "Rosie" and everyone that helped our cause.....God speed!!:bows:

DEFYANT
12-30-2010, 04:39 PM
My grandmother was one of them. She worked for Ranger Aircraft. Grandma died August 2009.

You guys are right - there is little mentioned about what these amazing women did. They were so strong in the 40's to do what they did.

Blk Mamba
12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
My aunt was also one, worked for Bell Aircraft, with my grandfather in Buffalo, NY.

CBT
12-30-2010, 05:16 PM
So was mine, my gramma was born in Rome, GA and build bombers at the Bell Bomber Plant in Marietta, GA before moving to Chicago after the war. I have the little bomber pin she wore on her work uniform. She is still alive and kicking, living in TN along with my Mom, 2 sisters, and a brother. :flag: