PDA

View Full Version : iPad

Pat
11-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I bought Patricia an iPad and associated router for our 47th wedding anniversary. :lovies:

The set up was a little more involved than I anticipated. I managed to wheedled through it OK with help from my IT son David in St. Louis. :toss: Aren't cell phones wonderful?

She just loves it. No more being stuck behind the desk, she can play on it while watching her "food channels" and other "pink" shows, or take it with her as she wills.

What did I get? I think a new mattress and springs are waiting pick up on the store's loading ramp. I need them more than control arms or sway bars. ;)

These iPad's are pricy and scale up with amount of memory. I got her a 32GB Wi Fi model. Yahoo reports that Apple is not going to offer sale prices this year. The price difference between the various retail stores was just a few bucks. $599 for the iPad plus tax.:eek:

This should make her happy for a few. When she's happy the whole world (mine) is happy. :banana:

Juice
11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I have an iPod Touch, and I've always liked it for what it is. I may get big brother (iPad) some day, it would be good for traveling and such when I don't feel like staring at the tiny screen of my Touch or my BlackBerry.

Happy Anniversary! :)

boatmangc
11-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I just bought an iPhone4 last week and while in the store used the iPad to look up the price for the case I bought from them on ebay and beat them down on the price!
So the 1st time I saw an iPad it saved me money, it's on my need list.

F8LBITEva
11-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I want one they are so cool!

jeffrt
11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
I've had one for about a month or so now, and love it.
My wife got a housekeeper, so I got my iPad.:)
The kids like playing games on it too.
My only problem is that I have a hard time putting it down!

PonyUP
11-12-2010, 10:01 PM
My company gave me one and they are pretty cool, especially if you travel. If you do need it for business at all i recommend the following Apps

Drop Box (Allows you to read and sort .pdf)
Iannotate (Allows you to sign documents)
Keynote (Apples version of PowerPoint)
Ultimate Reader (Reads just about every format out there)

boatmangc
11-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Can you run software like Quickbooks on it?

BruteForce
11-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Can you run software like Quickbooks on it?

No QB. It's running a version of OS4.x just like iPhones and iPods.