PDA

View Full Version : Paybacks!!!

Joe Walsh
11-12-2010, 11:45 PM
OK...

So I live on a through street and I am constantly subjected to these local punks who drive down my street in their fart-canned Honda turds while blasting the latest annoying Rap Crap out their open windows.

Tonight was payback time! .....:D

I'm driving home from my Friday night poker game and I've got a local station on that is playing a "2-for" format.
Well as I get close to my house, they start to play the following 4 songs!

Some of my favorite Rock-n-Roll songs!

H5soFkGX250

mjIpaAnWUCU&feature=related

eKtfjsonPFE

BGXCTtv7dXw

I decided to roll down my windows,
crank up the volume to '11', heh heh heh....:D
and drive around in their neighborhood,
while I blasted this music out my windows
and also let them listen to V8 DOHC rock.

At 1:15 in the morning I am sure that I got their attention!

I know...I know...
I am a 51 year old immature azzhole...but man-o-man did it feel AND sound GOOD!!!!

:bows:..............:beer:

If you are old-school like me....click on the links and crank up the volume!

But...don't wake up the wifey!

DOOM
11-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Well done Joe! :high5:

Mustang man
11-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Amen ! Bet they didn't even know music could be made with out synthyzers, sampling or cursing.

Pat
11-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Way to represent, Joe. AC/DC is one of my all time favorites, Dirty Deeds and Screamer. Kashmir is also a great tune.

I'm not adverse to cranking up the 12's and sending some decibels into the ether from time to time.

Regards,

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/21/Dsc01406.jpg

thathotrodlincn
11-13-2010, 04:51 AM
right on!!!

SC Cheesehead
11-13-2010, 04:56 AM
You go, guy! :2thumbs:

Granddaddy Marq
11-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Way to represent, Joe. AC/DC is one of my all time favorites, Dirty Deeds and Screamer. Kashmir is also a great tune.

I'm not adverse to cranking up the 12's and sending some decibels into the ether from time to time.

Regards,

What kind of trunk organizer is that?! And whats that puple thing? ALL HALE SAMMY HAGRAR "I CAN'T DRIVE 55"! Let the punks have it!

PonyUP
11-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Way to go Joe, they can go stick that in their fart can and smoke it. :beer:

justbob
11-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Way to go Joe! And great choice of tunes! ANYTHING old skool AC/DC is right up my alley.

Regards,

Pat, you continue to amaze me in your coolness! Keep it up Bud!

rayjay
11-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Ah Joe, 1:15 am to them is a the same as 1:15 pm to us, but I'm sure you had a good time. :beer:

Motorhead350
11-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Joe, I am doing that everyday with the Marauder. I always blast music that's out of step with my generation. When I drive the truck I open the headers and drive at 2am at half throttle.

The funny thing is usually at night I'll blast Doo Wop and people will actually bop their heads to it. Like if I am stuck at a light or working on the car with the radio up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsiN4vXspbM

You have good taste Joe, but that music you picked ain't Rock N' Roll.

Sit down and learn a lesion son.

Here what what is called the first Rock N' Roll song ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbfnh1oVTk0

I found out this song came out first though...cool video. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPnemNpZL4

So in my book this is the first Rock n' Roll song.

That's chapter one. :cool:

CBT
11-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't always smoke weed, but when I do, I prefer Dos Led Zeppelinz. Stay smokey, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCvMKcNJCAY&feature=more_related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OevWGLGxNLM&feature=related

Crown Vicman
11-13-2010, 05:10 PM
You guys would like a band that makes a song called burning alive and on the highway to hell. Don't worry all of them will burn together. I'm going to stay as far away from that highway as I can. I kinda liked them when I first heard them but some of their songs make me sick to my stomach. I wonder how many people these drunk morons influenced with their highway to hell BS. I'd rather take my chances with rap crap and their curse words than to get on ac/dc's highway waving their two middle fingers down devil signs.

CBT
11-13-2010, 05:15 PM
You guys would like a band that makes a song called burning alive and on the highway to hell. Don't worry all of them will burn together. I'm going to stay as far away from that highway as I can. I kinda liked them when I first heard them but some of their songs make me sick to my stomach. I wonder how many people these drunk morons influenced with their highway to hell BS. I'd rather take my chances with rap crap and their curse words than to get on ac/dc's highway waving their two middle fingers down devil signs.

Well I can think of one, me. :beer:
Happy Halloween! :bat:

Motorhead350
11-13-2010, 05:36 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Highway To Hell is about touring. AC/DC is from down under. So when they hit their first US tour they were told NYC/The City is hell. Bon Scott said he had a lotta friends there so hell isn't a bad place to be.

It's okay. Most people don't look these things up.

rayjay
11-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't always smoke weed, but when I do, I prefer Dos Led Zeppelinz. Stay smokey, my friends.

Now that thars funny, I don't care who ya ar. :lol:

justbob
11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
WOW, one of the most cleanest, alcohol and drug free bands ever...

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Highway To Hell is about touring. AC/DC is from down under. So when they hit their first US tour they were told NYC/The City is hell. Bon Scott said he had a lotta friends there so hell isn't a bad place to be.

It's okay. Most people don't look these things up.
Thanks for skooling him.

LIGHTNIN1
11-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Next weekend you may want to rile them up with a continuing loop of," The Lion Sleeps Tonite " and something by the New Christy Minstrels.

Bigdogjim
11-13-2010, 10:34 PM
I always hit them with some CSN&Y:)

Works every time:up:

Motorhead350
11-14-2010, 02:42 AM
I always hit them with some CSN&Y:)

Works every time:up:

Ahhh the early stuff. Not CS&N, CSN&Y got it. You are Old School. :P

Paul T. Casey
11-14-2010, 05:08 AM
!

I know...I know...
I am a 51 year old immature azzhole..!

This is what makes you so lovable.

a_d_a_m
11-14-2010, 05:14 AM
+1 to Dom re: Highway To Hell! Thanks for saying it because if you didn't, I would.

I'd rather take my chances with rap crap and their curse words than to get on ac/dc's highway waving their two middle fingers down devil signs. I fail to see how advocating killing someone for stealing money (Master P - "Do You Know"), killing pets (Jay Z - "Justify My Thug"), most Insane Clown Posse songs, or any of these songs (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2634509.stm) is any more moral/pure than AC/DC's lyrics.

Back to task, I always keep a mix CD with "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent, "Flirtin' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet, and some other rippin' rock 'n' roll tunes in the car for that very purpose. Sometimes you need some music to go with the loud pipes 'n' lead feet, just to drown out the ricers...

boatmangc
11-14-2010, 06:37 AM
So I'm guessing that it is

K ings
I n
S atans
S ervice

too huh?

Bigdogjim
11-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Ahhh the early stuff. Not CS&N, CSN&Y got it. You are Old School. :P

4 way street best album ever!!

PonyUP
11-14-2010, 08:24 AM

Yes because rap sends such a good message about getting high, hitting and abusing women, shooting police officers and so much more.

You remind me of those people in the 80's that just assumed all bands stood for something satanic

Kiss-Knights in Satans Service -Pleas????
WASP-We Are Satan's People- Come on man?

This becomes the problem with censorship, people hear something and then believe it so it becomes necessary to ban it. Dom is 100% right, research the songs and you'll see that they are anything but satanic.

You can keep your rap. Just like all forms of music there are redeeming versions of rap as well as versions that send bad messages, but before you condem any particular band or song, you should research what you are going to rant about

a_d_a_m
11-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Like the Dead Milkmen said back in the '80s: "Here's a dime, run out and call the PMRC."

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Music_Resource_Center aka PMRC)

AConvertedChevy
11-14-2010, 08:31 AM
For me theres nothing quite like crusin down I-87 listening to LA Woman or stuck in slow traffic with Money:cool:

boatmangc
11-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Me I'd rather blast Clutch; favorites for crunching are Wicker or Arcadia. Ask GaMike, I just enlightened him at SSHS.

Enlightened him or scared him....

Sludge Rock.:sing:

Joe Walsh
11-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Yes because rap sends such a good message about getting high, hitting and abusing women, shooting police officers and so much more.

You remind me of those people in the 80's that just assumed all bands stood for something satanic

Kiss-Knights in Satans Service -Pleas????
WASP-We Are Satan's People- Come on man?
This becomes the problem with censorship, people hear something and then believe it so it becomes necessary to ban it. Dom is 100% right, research the songs and you'll see that they are anything but satanic.

You can keep your rap. Just like all forms of music there are redeeming versions of rap as well as versions that send bad messages, but before you condem any particular band or song, you should research what you are going to rant about

+1!

Where is Tipper Gore when you need her??...........:shake:

BTW: Since we are listing some of our favorite "Windows down and volume UP!" songs....

Here's another one that I love:
oobDQ0vdm8M
Slash is the man!....:bows:

justbob
11-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Driving songs anyone? I think Pony up will agree with this one.
dYxQ82PlNo8

a_d_a_m
11-14-2010, 11:50 AM
^Running Through The Fire? IS THAT ABOUT GOING TO HELL?

justbob
11-14-2010, 01:14 PM
LOL Adam, your too funny Man!

Leadfoot281
11-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I blast Rush Limbaugh when I'm out driving.

That pisses EVERYONE off! Lol!

MERCMAN
11-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Joe, I am doing that everyday with the Marauder. I always blast music that's out of step with my generation. When I drive the truck I open the headers and drive at 2am at half throttle.

The funny thing is usually at night I'll blast Doo Wop and people will actually bop their heads to it. Like if I am stuck at a light or working on the car with the radio up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsiN4vXspbM

You have good taste Joe, but that music you picked ain't Rock N' Roll.

Sit down and learn a lesion son.
Here what what is called the first Rock N' Roll song ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbfnh1oVTk0

I found out this song came out first though...cool video. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPnemNpZL4

So in my book this is the first Rock n' Roll song.

That's chapter one. :cool:

Learn a lesion? Is this a class on skin cancer identification?

I will take melanoma for $200, please Dom :) :rofl:

sweetair
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Listening to When the levee Breaks right now. Thanks.

Let's not forget "What is and What should Never Be".
Thanks.. Sounds like fun.

PonyUP
11-14-2010, 08:08 PM
My favorite windows down volume up to eleven songs are in no particular order
Panama
Shoot to thrill
Woke up this morning (the theme from the Sopranos)
Wild side
If you want blood (you got it)
Unchained
Separate ways

Oh and who could forget, The Sound of Music

Motorhead350
11-14-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyX-KwwOAuo

"My heart is focused on going to hell.......

Gonna buy a graveyard of my own/Kill everyone whoever done me wrong"

God bless bands that have no intention of radio airplay and write dark lyrics that are on everyones mind that no one ever discusses. This song is about how the singer wants to bang the guitar player of The Cramps... Poison Ivy, not about killing and going to hell. The singer later changed his ways and became a saint for Buddism. Some people just don't get music.

Sounds like Crown Vicman is a biblehumper. Judging by the way you phased your statement and opposition towards a certain type of music. Not only that, but insulting the band and anyone who likes them when you have no idea what you are talking about, just focus on the negatives that you think and you don't even know the definition. If you think you're saved so be it. Rock n' Roll saved my soul... literally. It's always had an answer for me even before I realized I had a problem.

justbob
11-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Zoloft cures my issues :)

Motorhead350
11-14-2010, 11:32 PM
"The title is often attributed as a phrase AC/DC guitarist Angus Young used to describe touring in America. There is a much more literal explanation, however. Highway to Hell was the nickname for the Canning Highway in Australia. It runs from where lead singer Bon Scott lived in Fremantle and ends at a pub/bar called The Raffles, which was a big Rock 'n Roll drinking hole in the '70s. As Canning Highway gets close to the pub, it dips down into a steep decline: "No stop signs... speed limits... nobody gonna slow me down." So many people where killed by driving fast over that intersection at the top of the hill on the way for a good night out, that it was called the highway to hell, so when Bon was saying "I'm on the highway to hell" it meant that he was doing the nightly or weekly pilgrimage down Canning Highway to The Raffles bar to rock and drink with his mates: "Ain't nothing I would rather do. Going down, party time, my friends are gonna be there too." (thanks, Dan - Australia)"

Thank you songfacts.com

I guess I was halfway correct.

Bigdogjim
11-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Their's a story behind every song, only take a little effort to find out:0

Nice job Dom.