PDA

View Full Version : Me and a 67 Stingray... with a story.

Motorhead350
11-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I have been detailing on the side for a little while now and my neighbor called me up asking if I wanted to do his Vette. I told him I was free the next morning. 7:10 rolls around and I get the call he's at my place. I saw the car before, but never this close. :eek: The owner told me it only one key too.

So I got going on it. I drove it to a powerwash and what a gas. I was real easy with it and it shifted like none other, hard and smooth... it's hard to describe. It has a 427 with 425hp and side pipes. It sounded beautiful! So I drove it to the wash and got it back in my garage to wax it. A friend of mine takes photos and wanted to take a few. So as soon as I was done he took a few. I took it outta the garage to get a look at it outside and touch up. So most of the photos are candid.

I noticed the tranny was leaking so I decided to take it to Pepboys for Lukeus. I could have drove the truck, but the car was too much fun... even at 1/3 throttle. Soon as I got there I spoke to a guy I see all the time. I said "Guess what I pulled up in?" "A Ferrari?" "67 Stingray, it's outside." We went out and checked it out. I asked him if he wanted to hear the 427 and of course he did, then it didn't start!

So I called Becky and said "The Stringray broke down at Pepboys." She was a mile away and had jumper cables. Pepboys wouldn't jump the car, only sell me a battery. So when I was waiting (and didn't leave the car for a second) a man drove up to me and said
"Nice car." "Thanks, but it's not mine." "Wait. Someone else let you drive this car?" "Yup a neighbor. I cleaned it for him, plus it needed something so I drove it here and now it won't start, but help is on the way." "Do you know what that car is worth?" "$65,000 maybe $80,000." "I own a bodyshop and we did one like that this year. That car is worth $220,000 in that condition." "Wha-o! Really?"

I wasn't any more protective because I was already a guard dog for this thing. Turns out it was a lose battery connection. We borrowed tools from Pepboys, fixed it and I was off. We made it back with hours to spare, parked it and said "That's enough. The car breaking down once was enough."

I always wanted a C2 and now I know I do for sure. I looked up this car and it was going for $219,000 on ebay. :eek: What was even more funny was when the owner came back. I told him I made him a key for $1.50 and got something to stop the leak. He was happy. The guy is a total jerk to everyone, but he get's along with me... I have a tendency to attract people like that... I don't know why. Anyway he said "Looks great man. Awesome job." "Thanks. This car is something else." "Yeah, but I want a different one." "What's wrong with this one." "Nothing, I just want a coupe too." :eek: Wow this guy wants another $200K+ car? His daily driver is a brand new Supercharged Land Rover.

Well that was quite a day. I'll have some more pics later.

Motorhead350
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
More..........

One random girl saw a few of these photos and asked if I was modeling for leather jackets. haha.

cougar9150
11-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Always loved the stingrays. That is one sweet ass car, mint.

LANDY
11-15-2010, 05:23 AM
A red 67 coupe is the only vette I would ever buy. It's a gorgeous car

massacre
11-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Nice 'vette

CBT
11-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Fantastic amount of win in these photo's! 3rd pic in the first group, nice. You told me it had a 454 and I said it needs a 435 hp 427. What did I win?

MrBluGruv
11-15-2010, 09:05 AM
3rd pic in the first group, nice.

Just about to say the same thing, that photo is a keeper for sure.

CBT
11-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Just about to say the same thing, that photo is a keeper for sure.
Seems like a theme song should be playing, huh?

MrBluGruv
11-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Seems like a theme song should be playing, huh?

The phrase "KITT, I need you buddy" comes to mind for me. :P

Ralph Sr.
11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
something not correct, here !! ? i owned a 1967 covette big block, conv.. the engines in bb were a 390hp single carb.. next was a 3 carbs on that engine, rated 400 horse. these first two ,were mild hydraulic cam.. next up in the bb was 427 /435 horses 3 carbs/solid lifter cam , etc. there was no engine [bb]rated at 427/425 horses , that year, only in 1966 corvette !. corvette shown with these pictures were 1967 ? b/c of the hood on it.. the 1967 covette had 6 engines/horsepowers to pick from..300 hp/sb -350 hp/sb- 390 hp/ bb -400 hp bb[3 carbs]-435 bb/3 carbs ,solid lifters -also the l-88 bb 427 bb[ horsepower/500 ?],very wild cam and high compression , had to use racing gas !! wish i owned one today worth $300,000 range !!!!