PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Troops!!!

Mad4Macs
12-14-2003, 06:58 AM
And may the capture of Saddam stem the killings of our soldiers in Iraq.
My sincere thanks to all those who serve.

martyo
12-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Seconded!

Petrograde
12-14-2003, 07:24 AM
YEE HAAA!!!

WTG Brothers!

CRUZTAKER
12-14-2003, 07:38 AM
This is truley the best christmas present indeed. Kudos agian to our men and women struggling to unify Iraq.

God bless them all.

TAF
12-14-2003, 07:44 AM
One Down!!!
http://www.foxnews.com/images/110521/21_1_121403_hussein5.jpg

One to GO!!!
http://www.alltheweb.com/r?ck_sm=90fd83b&rpos=4&oid=-&rpge=1&ref=200340086&r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newprophecy .net%2FBin_Laden_-_large.jpg

marchyde
12-14-2003, 07:44 AM
118th Signal activated on 12-07-03 out of Florence AL
Send off was touching with family and friends
All of our prayers and hopes go with them

Petrograde
12-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Good Point Todd! Let's NOT forget about that SOB Bin Laden!!

Tom

Silver_04
12-14-2003, 08:10 AM
:banana:http://home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images/patriot.gif

SHERIFF
12-14-2003, 08:28 AM
While the capture is great news.... I still wonder why it took from March 19, 2003 to December 13, 2003.

And the fact we haven't yet captured Osama Bin Laden proves our intelligence gathering is seriously lacking nowadays as well.

MMdriver03
12-14-2003, 08:45 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! Way to go! :rock:

jgc61sr2002
12-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Cool - Hope this will bring the troops home ASAP.:up: :D

Dave Compson
12-14-2003, 09:47 AM
GERAT JOB!!!

Now, lets get the rest of those bastards!

wendellfennell
12-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Congratulation to our men and women in unform. Your capture of the "hole in the ground gang" well serves freedom for Iraquis.

jgc61sr2002
12-14-2003, 11:20 AM
wendellfennell - Welcome the the site. It is the best on the net. :up:

Bigdogjim
12-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Job well done!http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e/gunsfiring.gif

One SOB down one to go.......

It's only a matter of time.....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e/sniper.gif

http://www.100megsfree3.com/fwc493/SmileyDirectory11/Flying.gif

UAW 588
12-14-2003, 11:36 AM
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go guys. One bastard down, many to go. Maybe this might be the start of the end. It will be a long process, but peace will be reached one day. Have faith in our country and our troops and the job will get done. I just pray for the families that had to sacrafice their loved ones to this war on terror. God bless the USA.

:banana: :bows: :up: :rock:

P.S. Maybe France might get their ***** in gear and give us some support now. If it wasn't for my father and the rest of the american GI's in WWII, the all would be saying Heil Hitler!!!!!!

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by UAW 588
P.S. Maybe France might get their ***** in gear and give us some support now. If it wasn't for my father and the rest of the american GI's in WWII, the all would be saying Heil Hitler!!!!!!

If France hadn't given you support back in the war of independance, y'all would have still been pausing for Tea Time and singing God Save the Queen. Let's keep it in pespective, shall we?:nono:

TAF
12-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
If France hadn't given you support back in the war of independance, y'all would have still been pausing for Tea Time and singing God Save the Queen. Let's keep it in pespective, shall we?:nono:

/Steve,

Frances "support" during the Revolution was minimal, at best. They came in just at the end to reap any benefits. Typical of their history.

I feel there should not be ANY rewards of rebuilding contracts, or anything for the French, the Russians, the Germans and yes... even the Canadians as this heads towards a resolve. Sideline watchers and bench sitters don't get to play in the game.

Just my 2 cents.

UAW 588
12-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by TAF
/Steve,

I feel there should not be ANY rewards of rebuilding contracts, or anything for the French, the Russians, the Germans and yes... even the Canadians as this heads towards a resolve. Sideline watchers and bench sitters don't get to play in the game.

Ditto. Your my hero.

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Frances "support" during the Revolution was minimal, at best. They came in just at the end to reap any benefits. Typical of their history.

Similar in fact to the US involvement in WWII, and even then it took a second enemy to prod the US into action.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting forth any sort of sympathy over the actions or inactions of certain nations in this whole affair... just trying to put forth some perspective. In the end, I'm praying that this whole chain of violence comes to an end.

By the way, why bring up the issue of rebuilding contracts? I don't believe there was any mention of it until your post... any particular reason?

teamrope
12-14-2003, 12:44 PM
By the way, why bring up the issue of rebuilding contracts? I don't believe there was any mention of it until your post... any particular reason?

I'm with you there TTA, from an American Soldier and fellow MM owner, you're OK in my book.

I'm just glad we filally caught him. This last round of mobilizations has brought a lot of people I consider good friends into harms way.

Personally, I could care less if we ever find WMD. The fact that my brothers and sisters busted up a terrorist training camp in Iraq was reason enough (for me) to go into Iraq. That is what this is all about as far as I'm concerded.

Smokie
12-14-2003, 12:48 PM
TripleTransAm I'm glad that you and many others are praying for an end to violence.... I am also praying that the good and the brave kill the evil ones....evil never rests, cannot be appeased, cannot be negotiated with and the best we can hope for is to destroy it before it destroys us all.

sailsmen
12-14-2003, 01:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTA

"Similar in fact to the US involvement in WWII, and even then it took a second enemy to prod the US into action."

You are 100% wrong! In WWII 4 years and 1,000,000 US casualties of which 996,000 spilled their blood on foreign soil to liberate foreign people, including 300,000 killed in action is not minimal!

In WWII the US had more troops, planes, ships and tanks then all the other Allies combined!

What you have to remember is in 1936 there were 38 countries that had a larger military force than the US including most European countries.

The US was literally training with broom sticks.

In 1941 had Japan invaded the West Coast our first line of defense would have been established at Chicago! This is what the equivalent of the Joint Chief's of Staff response was to the President's question if Japan invaded where could we stop them.

Why did the British lose at Dunkirk? The British force was an expeditionary force, meaning little or no ammunition!

The US did not have the force to engage in any meaning full way prior to 1940. The US did have the lend/lease program with England and General Chenault's "volunteer" airforce opposing the Japanese in China.

I am sorry but on behalf of the millions of US WWII men who fought and 16 million who served I can't let such a false statement be made.

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks, Teamrope. I've never served, but have many friends and acquaintances who do (or have) so it's a sensitive subject.

My dad did serve his home country's military (Portugal) in the late 60s in a military theater that was day-to-day terrorism. He was in charge of a squadron (whatever the translation is) of elite commandos that had the mandate to execute (no pun intended) counter-terrorist operations, as that was indeed what was going on during the Guinea-Bissau war of independance (from Portugal). I've been blessed with hearing many a war story that might have left me "barking pasta" (if you get my drift) had I not been used to hearing them from an early age. I guess sharing those memories with his oldest son was his form of therapy, I'm glad he chose to confide in me instead of keeping it bottled up.

He's got quite the treasure trove of memorabilia. Most notable is the handful of photographs that he keeps away from the main stash of your usual military photos of training and group shots. Photos of white civilians hanging from trees with their entrails pouring out, young teenaged girls with wooden stakes of whatever vegetation jammed through their private regions, most likely after being *****. The type of stuff that would drive a young man of 23-25 years old to take great pleasure in lobbing a grenade into a cluster of resting terrorists on a night raid through the jungle, as he led his group of good friends... trained assassins... to exact justice. He still carries part of one grenade in his face, to this day... a small chunk of metal lodged near the rear edge of his jaw bone, close to his jugular. The hole has since closed, but I recall poking at it curiously with my finger as a young lad sitting on his lap.

He's had the dubious "honour" of having to carry the remains of his best friend back to camp from a failed outing. A land mine did away with the lower half of that young man's body, and my dad carried his top half back, refusing to leave his remains behind to be displayed by the terrorists as some sort of victory trophy. That particular episode came about as a direct result of treason on the part of one young lad who had befriended my dad, posing as a sympathetic to the ruling government. What happened upon my dad's return to camp is one story my dad has never completed in detail... it took a face-to-face encounter with my dad's former commanding officer in late 2000 to get the real details of what my dad did to the poor SOB once he got his hands on him that afternoon.

Just a few weeks ago, I got a chance to see a video of my dad reuniting with what was left of his old platoon of commandos, in Portugal in the spring of 2001. My dad still gets a tear in his eye when he sees the footage, and I didn't see many dry eyes on the video footage itself either.

So, in case anyone wonders, my view of warfare doesn't involve CNN footage nor smart bombs and high tech weaponry. Trust me when I say that my lip trembles when I hear news of another casualty in a war... somewhere there is a mother who nursed her baby once upon a time who will hold that child in her arms never again.

sailsmen
12-14-2003, 01:23 PM
"All evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

cyclone03
12-14-2003, 01:57 PM
This may ramble a bit.....

First my history....
I served in the USAF only 4 years 1982-1986.
My wife is in the USAF,over 20 years now.

The news we awoke to this morning was greeted with great excitment!

It may take years,but the people of Iraq will thank the US for the greatest gift they've ever received.
The fear of just the mention of Saddam's name none of us will ever know or understand.
Here is a man who murdered millions of his country men at times just because of the way they would look at him.

In the coming days,months,and years the Iraqie people will lose that feeling of constant fear that they have had to carrey in thier hearts for over 20 years.They can now begin the long road to being a free people.I wish them only the best of luck.I hope the support of the US goes much farther than just $$,we need to insure that the new Iraq has built in political safegards to prevent 1 person from obtaining the absolute power of life and death that Saddom had.

I only wish it was that easy.

To all the service men and women a round the world.
THANK YOU!
To all the families who have lost sons and daughters.
THANK YOU!

TAF
12-14-2003, 02:05 PM

'Cause I saw your new PM pi$$ing and moaning about it the other night on the news. And he's not going to get in on the benefits when Canada was not supportive of us at the beginning of the action.

Maybe he'll smartin' up soon and realize the only way for Canada to survive is to suck up to us, leach off of us and continue to stick close to us (within 100 miles of our border where nearly 95% of you live).

/Steve, I like you when you talk about Marauders...but don't sit there as a Canadian and try to teach me or anyone else here on this side of the border American History.

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by TAF

Maybe he'll smartin' up soon and realize the only way for Canada to survive is to suck up to us, leach off of us and continue to stick close to us (within 100 miles of our border where nearly 95% of you live).

Suppose that's the kind of talk that makes the United States of Haliburton so extremely popular around the world. Not the kind of talk that's conducive to lasting world peace, if you ask me.

/Steve, I like you when you talk about Marauders...but don't sit there as a Canadian and try to teach me or anyone else here on this side of the border American History.

Good idea... I was never good at dealing with revisionist historians anyway. :up:

TAF
12-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Suppose that's the kind of talk that makes the United States of Haliburton so extremely popular around the world. Not the kind of talk that's conducive to lasting world peace, if you ask me.

We're not here for a popularity contest. Folks that want to do that ride too many fences and never jump off one side or the other.

Good idea... I was never good at dealing with revisionist historians anyway. :up: [/B]

'Cause...if you ask me...the U.S. and the accomplishments of the U.S. in the past 200+ years are the only thing that's really been very significant or important. Don't believe it, provide me with better examples. No revisionist history, just the facts Jack.

O.K. we'll give you Gordon Lightfoot & Shania Twain.

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by TAF
we'll give you Gordon Lightfoot & Shania Twain.

Gordon Lightfoot I can accept... but Shania???

That's just a low blow, TAF... just plain low...

TAF
12-14-2003, 02:53 PM
... but Shania???

Best belly-button I've seen in several years. Have you seen her in person? I have...and WOW!!!

sailsmen
12-14-2003, 03:25 PM
I saw Shanai in concert and she is an excellent entertainer, no doubt about it.

Canada's contribution to WWII was very crucial in several areas including being sacrificed for a "practice" D Day knowing the Germans knew they were coming ( the "practice" raid was delayed by weather so the Germans knew), those were some very brave men!

MapleLeafMerc
12-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TAF
'Cause I saw your new PM pi$$ing and moaning about it the other night on the news. And he's not going to get in on the benefits when Canada was not supportive of us at the beginning of the action.

Mea culpa. I don't like it but that's the way things work. Thanks to all the lefties we Canadians keep electing, we have marginalized our country in the eyes of the world and in particular our friends in the United States.

I think we all know that Canada is a junior partner in the North American economy, Todd. Having said that, it hurts to have it put so indelicately like a schoolyard taunt. I believe that Steve and all us Canadian MM owners understand the reality of our relationship with you far better than the a**holes that run our federal government. The Canadian politicians that refused to support you, from Jean "Cretin" on down do not speak for me, nor, I believe, for the majority of Canadians. Like many countries, we are infested with a leftist media and politicians, who posture like peacocks at their international conferences while kicking our friends in the shins. Please do not tar us ordinary Canadians with the same brush that is rightly used on our politicians.

Steve, I like you when you talk about Marauders...but don't sit there as a Canadian and try to teach me or anyone else here on this side of the border American History.

I would never presume to lecture you on your history, Todd. I would ask, as politely as I can, that you concede this one point of OUR history: long before our a**hole politicians emasculated our armed forces, Canada was a respected member of the international community, both politically and militarily. Canadian boys were dying fighting Hitler almost two years before America joined the fight.

Haggis
12-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by TAF

Just my 2 cents.

Can't we all just get along. :D

I agree with you on this point Tod, but remember what the Canadians did for our citizens duing the Iranian Hostage Crisis in 1979 and I still respect and thank our neighbors to the North for risking their lives and helping the our people.
THANK YOU!!

The reason Canada was involved in WWII before the U.S.A was because they were more closely associated with The British Common Wealth back then and a lot of the U.S. politicans wanted to keep a netrual stance and not get involved in another war in Europe.

But let us all get back to the point of this Thread.

They got that SOB and as it has been said before "One down and one to go."

USA USA USA :up: :up: :up:

MapleLeafMerc
12-14-2003, 04:27 PM
You are so right, Haggis.

I would like to thank my American friends for finding Saddam and for all the dirty work being done over there by your troops.

TAF
12-14-2003, 04:37 PM
MapleLeafMerc...

I respect you for your post above. Please just keep in mind I was responding to this...

This...

Similar in fact to the US involvement in WWII, and even then it took a second enemy to prod the US into action.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting forth any sort of sympathy over the actions or inactions of certain nations in this whole affair... just trying to put forth some perspective. In the end, I'm praying that this whole chain of violence comes to an end.

And this...

Good idea... I was never good at dealing with revisionist historians anyway. :up:

From my pal /Steve. It's frankly not a good idea to state these things in a thread about another U.S. accomplishment praising our soldiers. And it's NEVER a good idea to mess with a SOUTHERN American. :D

gonzo50
12-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
Job well done!http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e/gunsfiring.gif

One SOB down one to go.......

It's only a matter of time.....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e/sniper.gif
Thank GOD, our troops are always away for the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays doing a peace time/war time mission, it's about time that Sadaam gets whats coming to him, and he's away from home for the X-mas holiday. What goes around, comes around.......:uzi:

Haggis
12-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Please think of our Troops that are over seas and can not be with their familes this Holiday season .

Thank you,
Gordon

Subject: Operation USO Care Package

Hundreds of thousands of deployed members of the U.S. Armed Forces will be separated from their families during this holiday season. Radio One is helping the USO provide holiday care packages to show them they have not been forgotten and to help provide them a 'touch of home'. Due to heightened security, individuals cannot send letters and packages marked for delivery to "Any Service Member." However, through the United Service Organization (USO) program called "Operation USO Care Package," you can sponsor a care package that will be delivered to a deployed service member. These USO Care Packages include requested items such as pre-paid worldwide phone cards, sunscreen, travel size toiletries, and messages from individuals who want to thank them for their service.

Approved and endorsed by the Department of Defense, the USO Care Package is a way to send a a holiday message of encouragement thanking the troops for their service and sacrifice. Space is provided for you to write a personal message of support to the service member who will receive the package. Each USO Care Package cost $25. Your contributions are 100% tax deductible. The USO is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. After you complete your donation, you will receive your confirmation via e-mail. Please use the following web address to sponsor a USO Care Package.
https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/rg/ecreg.asp?c=huJ0JhO5F&b=12431&en=d

marauder307
12-14-2003, 05:20 PM
From the MSNBC website:

A little something to mentally conjure with...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3711151/

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by TAF
From my pal /Steve. It's frankly not a good idea to state these things in a thread about another U.S. accomplishment praising our soldiers. And it's NEVER a good idea to mess with a SOUTHERN American. :D

Absolutely right, Todd. France and rebuilding contracts have no place in this discussion... what counts is getting the troops home safe and sound ASAP.

Haggis is on the money, in my opinion... gonna be lots of empty seats at family get-togethers this Xmas (some permanently, I'm sad to say :alone: ) so the sooner this is over, the better for everyone. And the troops over there are a ways yet from being out of harm's way... this is not the time to let the guard down.

junehhan
12-14-2003, 09:35 PM
God bless the men and women who serve to protect the world from evil. A great thanks to those who have served, serve now, or will serve in the future. This truly is a historical event, and hopefully this is a beginning to the end, although the end will still be far into the future. Saddam ain't so tough now, is he? He has murdered many innocent people, and now it's his turn to face justice. Good will always overcome evil, but the sacrifices will not be easy and can be heartbreaking, but it's the good will of the people today that have finally brought justice to a country that probably has suffered under one of the most brutal dictatorships in history.

While we are in the process of letting our friends to the north have Shania, let's let them have Babs(Barbra Streisand) while we are at it..............

MAD-3R
12-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Just saw THIS!!

http://www.nethirdgen.org/saddam.jpg

:lol:

Mad4Macs
12-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Folks?

I started this thread as something very simple. I wanted to thank our sons and daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers who have, or had, served.
Can we keep this thread as it was meant to be presented? :)
Sorry, I don't mean to sound all mushy, but I just wanted to thank those who serve... for a job well done.

MMdriver03
12-16-2003, 07:59 AM
Thanks troops! Your the best! :up: :up: :up: :beer:

dmb874
12-16-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm bursting with joy. God Bless the best military in the world!:mad2: