PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a positive story about a kid.

Cheeseheadbob
11-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I got this link in my American Legion email. A good story and the video is short, but to the point.

http://www.burnpit.us/2010/11/when-children-act-as-adults-and-adults-as-children/

Egon Spengler
11-18-2010, 12:44 PM
That is great! I can't believe it has come to that point! I have lost all faith in America! How dare you tell someone to take an AMERICAN FLAG off his bike!??! That story gives me mixed emotions. It is a great story because he flew his flag with pride and stood up for it and the story angers me because he had to stand up for it on its own soil! Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Here you go!!!!!!!
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

CBT
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about! :beer:

PonyUP
11-18-2010, 01:43 PM
It sounds like this is the same school that we talked about back around cinco de mayo about the same situation. I have no problem with Mexican Children (I said Mexican, not Hispanic) waiving or wearing their flag for Cinco de Mayo. But in my opinion I just don't feel it is ever right to ask someone not to fly the American Flag. Have we gone so crooked as a nation that we actually ask our children to not take pride in their country by removing a flag.

Maybe there needs to be a reminder about all the American Flag represents
Freedom from Oppression
Freedom from Tyranny
Freedom of Choice
Freedom of Religion
Freedom Period.

Good Americans have died for that flag and given everything for it, we should honor it everytime we see it by showing it proper reverance and respect.

Fly High, Fly Proud, Fly Free

Egon Spengler
11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Good Americans have died for that flag and given everything for it
This is what sickens me about this story. It is such a lack of respect for those who have died for that flag. My grandfathers fought for this country and at 13 if a teacher told me to put my flag away, I would tell him or her to :censor: off! If I lived anywhere near there and heard of this story, I would be right there with those other motorcycle guys and ride in to school with him as well.

CBT
11-18-2010, 05:35 PM
It sounds like this is the same school that we talked about back around cinco de mayo about the same situation. I have no problem with Mexican Children (I said Mexican, not Hispanic) waiving or wearing their flag for Cinco de Mayo. But in my opinion I just don't feel it is ever right to ask someone not to fly the American Flag. Have we gone so crooked as a nation that we actually ask our children to not take pride in their country by removing a flag.

Maybe there needs to be a reminder about all the American Flag represents
Freedom from Oppression
Freedom from Tyranny
Freedom of Choice
Freedom of Religion
Freedom Period.

Good Americans have died for that flag and given everything for it, we should honor it everytime we see it by showing it proper reverance and respect.

Fly High, Fly Proud, Fly Free

Hmmm....something not right here....

Juice
11-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Huh... That's my hometown news station.

Good for that kid, I wish there were more like him.