PDA

View Full Version : Figured out Scrooge's secret

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 08:21 PM
I believe I understand what Scrooge was all about...

He must have had a stash of English sports cars that he was forced to store every winter, and that's probably what drove him to utter madness.

This is what greeted me as I got home this evening from helping my brother move into his new house:

teamrope
12-14-2003, 08:38 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Hurry, open up the garage and get her out of the weather!

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Garage is stuffed with freshly stored car parts in the shape of a 1998 WS6 and a 1987 GTA, respectively. ('78 is still buried underground some 30 minutes away, in storage)

Earlier today:

TripleTransAm
12-14-2003, 08:51 PM
and just a bit earlier than that... I lined up the GTA before it's final slingshot into its garage space for 2003.

bigslim
12-14-2003, 09:40 PM
At least it was sitting in the snow and not out moving in it. It snowed here in Detroit today. My MM is tucked away in the garage.

jgc61sr2002
12-15-2003, 06:38 AM
Steve - You have to build that new house with a five car garage.:D

TripleTransAm
12-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Look at that picture up top with my Marauder buried in the snow. "Buried" is the operative word here... because this morning, the snow was up to the top of the rims. Honestly, I was planning on taking a photo except that I was trying to leave the house ASAP in order to beat traffic through town... took me a while to clean off the Honda (no trouble digging the car out of the snow... thank you, great snow tires!). No time for photos.

But it will keep snowing for a few more hours, and it won't go above freezing... there may yet be a snowy photo coming soon, for all to sit and marvel at. :(

TripleTransAm
12-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Looks like some of the snow must have blown off or perhaps melted (didn't think it was above freezing today, though)... since I can now see the rims.

Temps will increase to around the freezing mark during the course of the week, followed by freezing rain on Thursday. So if I play my cards right and only remove just the necessary amount of snow, I'll have the world's fastest stock 4.6 liter double-overhead-cam popsicle.

TripleTransAm
12-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Bah humbug...

woaface
12-15-2003, 08:00 PM
I know whatcha mean...

Bigdogjim
12-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Steve I feel your pain..........

My Marauder was under 8" two weeks ago:)

This week we dodge the snow and got 1.5" then rain ,rain ,rain.

Marauder does look good in black & white:):):)

TripleTransAm
12-26-2003, 01:34 PM
It just keeps getting better and better....

this time it was what looked like 6-8 inches, but with the blowing snow it resulted in significant accumulations, especially on long black double-overhead cam cars. :help:

http://www.tripletransam.com/mm/winter2004/DSCF0186.jpg

Just LOOK at the accumulation on the roof of the car!

At least I got to drive the damned thing... took it around the neighborhood, playing with the traction control and manual-2. Filled up the tank (ouch!) and will take out the Honda again tonight. Sigh...

Smokie
12-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Steve here is my baby hanging out in that cruel Florida winter.:coolman:

Logan
12-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks for reminding me why I left that city Steve.... :D

TripleTransAm
12-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Bastard!

That's the causeway across the bay heading to Clearwater, right?

Made that trip plenty of times on my way to make my usual pilgrimmage to the original Hooters... er, I mean to head for a pleasant relaxing platonic afternoon at the beach. ;)
(Just in case my wife sneaks up behind me and reads this...)

As luck would have it, my team and I would always end up having a late lunch or early dinner at this greek restaurant at the beach right after the rotary interchange. Nothing special, just a calm place to hang out and have a beer or three.

TripleTransAm
12-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Thanks for reminding me why I left that city Steve.... :D

Ya wimp...

Smokie
12-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Yeap, you are correct and that establishment that you refer to is still there and the girls are as perky as ever.:beer: :bounce: :beer:

TripleTransAm
12-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Smokie
Yeap, you are correct and that establishment that you refer to is still there and the girls are as perky as ever.

Thank Goodness for some things that never change! ;)

http://www.tripletransam.com/misc-old/DSCF4579.JPG

Taken in 2001... last time I was in the area was summer 2002.

Smokie
12-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Steve where is your right hand ??? I don't see it.:eek: Javier.

TripleTransAm
12-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Judging by the surprised look on my co-worker's face in the middle of the picture, it looks like both outboard guys 'missed' their intended targets!! :o

Notice how I carefully positioned my wedding ring finger for quick visibility should my wife have gotten a hold of the image! (and she did, the pitfalls of having your wife end up in the same department at work!)

chrish
11-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Judging by the surprised look on my co-worker's face in the middle of the picture, it looks like both outboard guys 'missed' their intended targets!! :o

Notice how I carefully positioned my wedding ring finger for quick visibility should my wife have gotten a hold of the image! (and she did, the pitfalls of having your wife end up in the same department at work!)

Has she found the image yet????