PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play Gran Turismo 5? not for geezers...

Granite
11-30-2010, 09:46 AM
I know i'm getting a little long in the tooth myself for PS3..., but I LOVE racing games :D especially the gran turismo series...although, I am a little disappointed that the Marauder was not included on the list of over 1000 cars in this game...well..more than a little...it amazes me how many different Skyline's (i love this car too), civic's, prelude's, and all other forms of rice you can think of are included in this game...cars that i wouldn't be caught DEAD in...for example the suzuki cappuccino ( http://www.phlux.co.uk/photos/2006-06-10/1.jpg )...all i ask for is ONE Marauder (preferably Doom's or Pop's) placed neatly into a racing game :mad2:...the Impala SS has found it's way into many games (mainly midnight club games) i know that there were only 11,XXX Marauder's made, and it's not exactly a house hold name, but they included the Plymouth (Chrysler) Prowler which had about the same amount of cars produced during it's short stint. I personally have only seen ONE prowler on the streets of CAM-Land but i see Marauders all day everyday...it's crime i say...a CRIME. Sorry for the rant, i just think the Marauder should get it's due and be digitally IMMORTALIZED...:lol:

dakslim
11-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Are you discriminting against us:geezer:s?:(

Jimimac43
11-30-2010, 11:08 AM
That's how I read it !

Granite
11-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Are you discriminting against us:geezer:s?:(

lol, not if you play Playstation 3 ;) :beatnik:

j/k no discrimination to the older members, so please don't be offended

RR|Suki
11-30-2010, 11:13 AM
GT5 is garbage anyway

for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcUbRVD3YLw

MrBluGruv
11-30-2010, 11:14 AM
The lack of inclusion of the Marauder, or even most typical USDM cars in general, is enough to be upsetting, but the real annoyance is in the fact that there are tons of JDM vehicles. To inflate car numbers, they will put in different versions of the same car, essentially the only difference is liveries. How many JGTC versions of the JZA-80 Supra, the R-34 Skyline does a video game need? 1000 cars, minus like 100-200 repeat vehicles...

MrBluGruv
11-30-2010, 11:15 AM
GT5 is garbage anyway

^ This....

RR|Suki
11-30-2010, 11:17 AM
The lack of inclusion of the Marauder, or even most typical USDM cars in general, is enough to be upsetting, but the real annoyance is in the fact that there are tons of JDM vehicles. To inflate car numbers, they will put in different versions of the same car, essentially the only difference is liveries. How many JGTC versions of the JZA-80 Supra, the R-34 Skyline does a video game need? 1000 cars, minus like 100-200 repeat vehicles...

don't forget the 800 "Standard" cars which are basically ports from the GT4 models IE 2D skin on a 3D frame

Stolen post, this one made me laugh pretty good though. Looks like they should have called it "GT4 remix" :lol:

One more complaint...

"Premium" vs. "Standard" cars...there may be "1000 cars" in the game, but at least 80% of them are "standard", which means less detailed models and no interior view. By "less detailed" I mean 2D exhaust (no depth in the exhaust pipe), rougher textures, etc. Pretty ****g sad if you ask me. You also can't change the wheels on a standard car for some reason.

An example from another board:

STANDARD:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Tuneman7/NrburgringGP_F_1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Tuneman7/NrburgringGP_F.jpg

PREMIUM:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Tuneman7/NrburgringGP_F_2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Tuneman7/NrburgringGP_F_3.jpg

The Standard versions are basically semi-updated versions of GT4 models. If you look at the RUF (first pic) you can actually see the wheels are basically 2D on the face, compared to the 3D modeled wheel on the STi (last picture). They should have just cut out 95% of the "standard" cars and perfected the remaining 5% of GOOD standard cars (like the Veyron)

dakslim
11-30-2010, 11:22 AM
lol, not if you play Playstation 3 ;) :beatnik:

j/k no discrimination to the older members, so please don't be offended

No, my grandson plays for hours and it drives me nuts. Video games are the WORST thing that has happend to the younger generation, IMHO.

MrBluGruv
11-30-2010, 11:25 AM
don't forget the 800 "Standard" cars which are basically ports from the GT4 models IE 2D skin on a 3D frame

Stolen post, this one made me laugh pretty good though. Looks like they should have called it "GT4 remix" :lol:

lol, yeh I was stupid enough to buy into GT5:Prologue. If you think GT5 is bad, try prologue on for size...

Looks like I'm sticking with Forza for a while. I tend to think that the people that feel that the Gran Turismo series is realistic are either completely clueless to how cars drive, or they've been paid big bucks to say so (e.g. celebrity racer endorsement.)

Crown Vicman
11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't like Gran turismo too much but need for speed is great.

Leadfoot281
11-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Graphics isn't everything.

Even though it looks like crap, Tetris on PS2 is still one of the best games ever IMO. I love Civilization4 Warlords too. The only part of that game that looks good is the opening movie and the nukes.

How well does this game play? Also, is it out on PC yet?

Granite
11-30-2010, 11:35 AM
lol, yeh I was stupid enough to buy into GT5:Prologue. If you think GT5 is bad, try prologue on for size...

Looks like I'm sticking with Forza for a while. I tend to think that the people that feel that the Gran Turismo series is realistic are either completely clueless to how cars drive, or they've been paid big bucks to say so (e.g. celebrity racer endorsement.)

+1!!! yeah...prolouge was horrible.... and i admit...they got me and my money...utter :bs:

DOOM
11-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey granite i see you playing on line all the time! When are you going to see me in some STREET FIGHTER4?

So i can beat you like a HEMI! :shot:

MrBluGruv
11-30-2010, 11:37 AM

Even though it looks like crap, Tetris on PS2 is still one of the best games ever IMO. I love Civilization4 Warlords too. The only part of that game that looks good is the opening movie and the nukes.

The entire Gran Turismo series is a joke honestly, if it weren't for the fact that they crammed so many cars in there to give you the sense of a broad amount of options the game wouldn't have much going for it at all. The cars sound TERRIBLE, they didn't put in a ton of work to the visual presentation, and the physics have never felt right in the entire series.

If you want realism, get Live for Speed for PC and a Logitech G25/G27 setup or a Fanatec setup. Nothing, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, comes that close to real driving in a racing sim.

RR|Suki
11-30-2010, 11:38 AM

did you see the vid of the car hitting the wall? that pretty much sums up the way the game plays.

Granite
11-30-2010, 11:39 AM

LOL agreed, for 63$ none of the cars should be "Standard" with a more truthful title of "GT4 Remix" chances are i wouldn't have shelled out the money for it :shake:

Leadfoot281
11-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Ok, I just took a look at the vid. That is pretty bad.

I had GT1 and 2 for for the original Playstation and thought they were both excellent. Has the series just gone downhill since then or what?

I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer so I don't keep up on this stuff.

RR|Suki
11-30-2010, 11:51 AM
not sure what the problem is, maybe it just became so popular and had such a devout fan base that they figured even if they put out something kinda half done it would still make tons of money. (They were right about the money part at least)

Granite
11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
:hide:....i am one of the devout...i got assimilated early with GT1,2, and 3 :banghead:

SID210SA
11-30-2010, 12:10 PM
I got Black Ops and NFS that just came out....at 60 per didnt want to splurge on 3 games so I nixed GT5....judging from ya'll reactions to it....glad I did it that way.

LANDY
11-30-2010, 12:11 PM
They even have a Taurus sho but not our car. Lame

ctrlraven
11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
If it was on computer I'm sure someone could do something. I remember mention a while back that someone did a Marauder skin and applied it to the cop crown vic in a PC version of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (not the current one out).