PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift ideas???

Crown Vicman
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Can anyone give me some good gift ideas for my parents? Their both 56 and Im clueless about what to get them. yes this is pretty pathetic but its all in good reason. What are you getting your parents?:D

PonyUP
12-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Can anyone give me some good gift ideas for my parents? Their both 56 and Im clueless about what to get them. yes this is pretty pathetic but its all in good reason. What are you getting your parents?:D

I buy my Dad a very high end bottle of Scotch every year. Though this year we decided to buy him a new garage door opening.

You may consider a gift card to a high end restaurant for a night out, A Spa Day for Mom, a Golf day for Dad. Tickets to a play.

A lot depends on what they like to do and what they enjoy.

I usually look at things around the house that need to be improved or repaired that my Dad won't do because he find a cheap work around.

For example, my dad has a bulit in microwave from 20 years ago, and the latch button broke, so now he uses a comb handle, and won't let me replace it.

When I see something that I know he needs but will refuse to get himself, that's what I get. Last year we got him a cell phone because he needed it, but refuse to get another contraption. Now he uses it all the time.

Pops
12-02-2010, 12:17 PM
New flat panel if they do not have one! Plus set it up for them.

SID210SA
12-02-2010, 12:25 PM
If your Dad is a play in the garage or in the yard type of guy...I would go with a Lowes or Home Depot gift card....or electronics guy....Best Buy....and for Mom...WallyWorld gift card...thats what my parents like...so thats what I get them.

fastblackmerc
12-02-2010, 12:51 PM
As stated, gift cards are always a good thing.