PDA

View Full Version : Hello... again!

toomanytoyz
12-16-2003, 10:26 AM
Hey Guys,

Some of you may remember me from when this site first started up. I was here for a bit, but didn't stay long. Well, after meeting a few of your guys at the track in Atco, NJ this past weekend, I figured I'd come on back for another round. :)

I used to have a Caprice 9C1 and originally found my way here through the www.impalassforum.com. Now I've got a 96 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. It is nowhere near stock anymore. :) I have put a cam, gears, roller rockers and and a 6 speed manual in it, to name a few mods. Check out my website (http://www.uniquekind.net/CaddyPage/index.html) for more info if you like. :)

And so you know, I've really liked the Marauders since they came out. I think they're a great looking car with plenty of potential. Hell, I almost traded my caddy on one last year (but then I smartened up! ;) )...

I look forward to hanging with you guys! :D

Ross
12-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Howdy, Toyz--- thanks for stopping back in. Hang around here long enough, and we'll get you out of that Caddy and into a Marauder! My last car was a Fleetwood, too. Great car, lots of luxury, but I ain't going back!

jgc61sr2002
12-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Welcome back. This site has only gotten better.:D :up:

dmb874
12-16-2003, 11:31 AM
Hell of a nice Caddy! You do nice work. Love the showroom look to the shifter, pedals and console....Good luck with it.;)

SHERIFF
12-16-2003, 12:07 PM
I find your post very interesting. So.... I must ask..... why a Cadillac?? :confused:

BillyGman
12-16-2003, 12:16 PM
that's quite a feat that you've pulled off getting a car like that into the low 14's for ET's.

CRUZTAKER
12-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by SHERIFF
I find your post very interesting. So.... I must ask..... why a Cadillac?? :confused:

Originally posted by toomanytoyz
I almost traded my caddy on one last year (but then I smartened up! ;) )...

cause he smartened up....:lol:

Avis rental car used to rent Fleetwoods. I liked them when I was traveling....made me feel real.... pimpy. What's the chance of finding a Marauder at Hertz? 'Bout as good as finding a fleetwood at the track:P

toomanytoyz
12-16-2003, 01:42 PM

Why not? :D

Nobody else did it. That's why. I like to be different. Actually, I had really wanted an Impala, but found the Fleetwoods were essentially the same car, just a little fancier. I came across a great deal on this Fleetwood, and it's just progressed from there. :)

Being different is FUN!

And the looks I get and conversations I get involved in at the tracks are great! They make it all worth it! :D

Thanks for the compliments guys. I look forward to hanging out here. :)

bozobill
12-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Until you get a Marauder, you should change your name to "notenoughtoyz"!! LOL,

Bill

SHERIFF
12-16-2003, 02:54 PM
I was just curious. If I wanted a "go fast" car, Cadillac just wouldn't be my first, second or third choice. It is interesting to read about though.

MMdriver03
12-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Welcome back! Just goes to show you don't need to spend 50k to have a fast caddy.....Nice job, hope your enjoying as much as i enjoy my heavy MM :up:

toomanytoyz
12-16-2003, 06:35 PM
I was just curious. If I wanted a "go fast" car, Cadillac just wouldn't be my first, second or third choice. It is interesting to read about though.

Are you always so much fun? :P ;) :D

I told you, I bought it to be different. And it's not a drag car, I built it as a nice, year round, every day cruiser, with enough ooomph to have fun around town. If I wanted to "go fast" I would have done what every Tom, Dick, and Harry has done and bought a Camaro or Mustang. But now I'm just as quick as a stock one of either AND I can carry 4 of my closest friends along for the ride... :)

RCSignals
12-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Welcome back toomanytoyz.

Enjoy your Caddy. At least it's a pre FWD unibody, right?

Only a matter of time though, and you'll be in that Marauder ;)

SHERIFF
12-17-2003, 07:12 AM
Are you always so much fun? And it's not a drag car, I built it as a nice, year round, every day cruiser, with enough ooomph to have fun around town.

OHHHHHHH!!!! I thought it was going to be a main ride in a drag racing hobby! My Bad!! :)

toomanytoyz
12-17-2003, 08:32 AM
OHHHHHHH!!!! I thought it was going to be a main ride in a drag racing hobby! My Bad!! :)

Heh heh... No problem... Man, if that's what you were thinking, I musta looked pretty damn crazy! http://www.inegma.net/mb/html/emoticons/screwy.gif

Nope, she's just my daily ride... that I made a little more fun. :)

deerejoe
12-17-2003, 09:06 AM
toyz:
Great car to have for a "sleeper".
Can't imagine what they would say at the light after you pulled away..."is that car a Caddy"?????

Good for you, friend...real nice choice for a 'daily driver'...style, pizzaz, and enough oomph to plant your keester in the seat!!

Wish I had a BLACK one...

SHERIFF
12-17-2003, 09:19 AM
TooManyToyz, Just for the pure sport of it, and since my mind is somewhat warped anyway.... and to show I do unusual things too.... I almost bought the same body style Cadillac a few months ago in the form of a hearse. It was black with a black vinyl top. But I decided it was ragged out too much to fool with. The funeral home simply had not taken care of it at all. Bumper strips needed replacing, fenders and doors dented in, leather seating looked like it was 35 years old, felt like it was running on 6 cylinders, etc..... It was their "bad weather" hearse until it got to it's "ragged looking" point in life. I was going to fix up the back with new curtains, DVD, TV, VCR, AM/FM/CD player, etc.... and let my daughter play back there on errands. Another factor in my decision not to buy it was I just bought a 1994 Ford conversion van back from my brother as well, and it serves the same purpose. I originally owned the van from 1994 to 2000 and put 11,000 miles on it. My brother owned it from 2001 to 2003 and put 12,000 more miles on it. I bought it back in 2003 with 23,000 original miles on it. And I just don't have room to park more vehicles either right now. The picture of the van is over in the "show your other vehicles" subject in this forum.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/newwton1.jpg

toomanytoyz
12-17-2003, 09:26 AM
I'd love to get an old hearse eventually... :) Sounds like that one was in rough shape though. Have you ever seen the flower cars based on the Fleetwood??? Now those look different. Like a Pickup with a FW front end! :)

SHERIFF
12-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Have you ever seen the flower cars based on the Fleetwood??? Now those look different. Like a Pickup with a FW front end! :)

Now that you mention it, no, I have not seen any lately. Most funeral homes around here have now converted to work vans as a "flower carrier". A new 2004 Chevrolet V-8 full size work van can be had for $20,000. I imagine the flower cars you speak of are in the $70,000 to $80,000 range now, just like the hearse. :)