PDA

View Full Version : If anyone wants some snow for Christmas

rayjay
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
your more than welcome to come and get it. We've been getting pounded for 2 days now with lake effect and there is no end in sight. Started roof raking this afternoon on top of the usual driveway clearing. The weather station in the next town over has recorded 32" and they normally get alot less than us. Even our schools closed today, thats unusual... Sorry to the folks in Buffalo area. I didn't see your post on that mess until I had already written this.

Juice
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I can't wait to get out of the North East! It is definitely not MM friendly here. :(

tbone
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
But it's a "dry" snow.....;)

rayjay
12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
But it's a "dry" snow.....;)

Actually you are correct, it is light and fluffly, no real water content, easy to move. Compacts down to about half of what was there when its over. If the wind blows it all goes away and makes big drifts. Buffalo? They only get snow until Lake Erie freezes and if the wind is just right, from the southwest. Not to take away anything from the beating they took last week. Its a little known fact that they rarely win the coveted Golden Snowball Award. Thats given to the upstate NY city with the most snow for a season. Usually Syracuse wins it. We just laugh out here because they don't know what real snow is. They get about half what we usually receive. You want to see real snow go up I81 into Oswego and Jefferson Counties on the "lee side" of Lake Ontario, which by the way has never frozen over. They make us look like pikers...

Shaijack
12-08-2010, 06:34 PM
What's snow? New Orleans.

ImpalaSlayer
12-08-2010, 07:49 PM
i dont know how yall put up with it.

BATMOBIL
12-08-2010, 09:37 PM
My kids would love some snow in our front yard! Too bad it wouldn't last too long at 70 degrees, that was our temp today.

MercNasty
12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
They say we are supposed to get some snow here in TX this year, I sure hope not because Texans cannot drive in the snow or rain. The freeways be so messed up OMG getting a headache just thinking about it.

knine
12-08-2010, 11:51 PM
It didn't happen WITHOUT PICS :D

.....and before CBT says it, "dibs on the floormats"

Haggis
12-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Ray, last year I asked you to send a couple of inches. Well you went overboard and sent us more then 4' of snow. I know I should not be complaining because I only paid for 2" - 3" and got more for my money, but really customer satisfacition should be job one and your shipping dept. over did it.

I guess in the end though I should be thanking you for I ended up with 9 free days of vacation because of the Federal Govt. closing due to the snow.

In other words...Yes send away and same deal as last year, right?

Bigdogjim
12-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Ray: Please sent some snow my way on Dec.24 :up:

Bluerauder
12-09-2010, 05:26 AM
your more than welcome to come and get it. We've been getting pounded for 2 days now with lake effect and there is no end in sight. Started roof raking this afternoon on top of the usual driveway clearing. The weather station in the next town over has recorded 32" and they normally get alot less than us. Even our schools closed today, thats unusual...

No Thanks. Keep that crap up there in the northland. When I have to start worrying about raking snow off of the roof, then I'll be headed down to Georgia or Florida. ;) Last year's two 24"+ snow storms was just about my limit. :D

Joe Walsh
12-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Ray,
I don't know how you stand it!
As a kid growing up in central NY I loved all the snow...but my 'old geezer' lower back doesn't like shoveling deep snow anymore...:o

dakslim
12-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Keep it Ray...can't wait til this weekend when the temps get back up to the 60's.

Dragcity
12-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Friggin Snow, and cold, and salt on the roads, and poor drivers, collisions, traffic jambs, gas bills, snow banksm shoveling, messy back hall, coats, hats, gloves, boots all over the friggin place. Can't keep the darn cars clean, can't even wash 'em in 10 degree (F) weather....

Oh, Merry Christmas.

dakslim
12-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Friggin Snow, and cold, and salt on the roads, and poor drivers, collisions, traffic jambs, gas bills, snow banksm shoveling, messy back hall, coats, hats, gloves, boots all over the friggin place. Can't keep the darn cars clean, can't even wash 'em in 10 degree (F) weather....

Oh, Merry Christmas.

Don't beat around the bush...tell us how you REALLY feel!:P

kernie
12-09-2010, 08:17 AM

Oh, Merry Christmas.
The snow has just ended here, bright and sunny with a SW wind. We ended up with about 130cm {52 inches}, 20 minutes north of here in Lucan they got about 180cm {72 inches}, smashing the records.

I see they are forecasting a 20MPH SW wind friday, the lake erie express will no doubt visit Buffalo again.

:beer:

SILVERSURFER03
12-09-2010, 08:36 AM
hellllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooo you keep all the snow there

Haggis
12-09-2010, 08:57 AM
hellllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooo you keep all the snow there

Talk for yourself, I want another 9 day free vacation.

Egon Spengler
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Would LOVE to have some snow for Christmas eve and day. 6-8" would be great... of snow that is!

Dragcity
12-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Yea, this whole region is expecting some rough weather begining Sunday afternoon. It wil surely be a mess. At least I am working closer ot home next week.

I fear we are setting up for a wild winter this year. Last year was pretty mild.

Damned if I shouldn't have got that plow for my truck.....

Haggis
12-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Would LOVE to have some for Christmas eve and day. 6-8" would be great...

That's what she said!

rayjay
12-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I think Kernie is the winner here. We got another 1/2 foot overnight and a couple more inches this morning. Not sure what our total is, alot. Syracuse is claiming their largest storm amount ever, but it took a lot longer to accumulate. 66 & 93 were two day events. Still doesn't come close to what happens up on the east end of Lake Ontario, 12-14 feet in 3-4 days a couple years ago. Now thats crazy...
Gordon I'll see what I can do about sending some your way, but you know how mother nature is. Joe nailed it, but its too early in the season to be that disgruntled. You'll be nuts by February. Someones butt better be on the chopping block for that debacle on the T-Way. Thats not funny, its a miracle no one died. Where the hell were the PDs when they should have been shutting down the uncontrolled entrances? People stranded for 22-24 hours in their cars. Whatever happened to the snowmobile clubs that used to respond to those kind of emergencies?

Well if the Madison County DOT didn't have to dynamite Jackass Hill to open it up, it wasn't a real storm anyway. :coolman:

Dragcity
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
The PD were Jack Asses and would not let any civilians do a damn thing. Seems pretty Bass Ackwards to me. Power, control and taking everyhthing away from the people. Seems to be the American way these days. Theyu would not even let folks push eachothers cars.... Absolutely unacceptable. They are supposed to serve us. I am a bit unimpressed with just about every authoirity here in Western New York. And to think we pay the highest taxes. Silly, we seem to be paying extra for added control. Who's the Jack Wagon? Now, don't I feel dumb!

Ray, by the first week in January, I have had it. Sad thing is, we have to wait until May for any decent weather around here.

I want my Global Warming, and I want it NOW!