PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #92 Tuned at Mo's

ROCOB
12-18-2010, 07:47 PM
A couple of weekends ago I took my 04 Marauder and had Jeff do his thing. The car came out of AZ and was tuned to run on 91 octane. I had spoken with the first owner and he stated that it should make around 400 rwhp http://www.mosspeedshop.com/images/smilies/crazy.gif At any rate I spoke with Jeff and gave him the background on the car. I am the third owner, the second had the car for a couple of years and rarely drove it, mainly to car shows. Jeff pulled a couple of plugs and discovered along the way octane boost had been used in the car and he politely suggested that I never use it as it is a leaded product. After the plugs were changed Jeff did a dyno run and established the baseline. It was around 340 RWHP http://www.mosspeedshop.com/images/smilies/frusty.gif
Later that day things were looking uphttp://www.mosspeedshop.com/images/smilies/rock.gif

Needless to say it was a good day. I got to hang out with some friends, Mr. Bill and Mike, and even made a few new ones. My oldest son, all of three years old, had a blast too.

In closing I would like to say thanks to Jeff for his attention to detail and to Marty for being so accommodating with my fluid schedule. They went above and beyond. What a great team http://www.mosspeedshop.com/images/smilies/beer.gif

Stacy "ROCOB"

DOOM
12-18-2010, 08:17 PM
So how was the drive back home??? :burn: :drive:

merc
12-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Glad to see you are a happy Trilogy owner. :)

LANDY
12-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Nice numbers Stacy, enjoythe new ride.:burnout:

GAMike
12-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Good to see you rolling in the style you have wanted too for so long...... You are a man among men Stacy..... Having to get to a third Marauder to get what I wanted in a supercharged car, would be enough for me to throw in the towel and go for another Marquee.....

Glad Jeff was able to work his magic for you. Now that you have had it for a couple of weeks, I would be interested to see what you think.:beer: My guess is Nitto has a new customer:lol:
Happiness is a boosted reliable Marauder for sure:burnout:

martyo
12-19-2010, 06:01 AM
That car makes me jealous!

I wanted to keep my DD Blue MM NA, but seeing that makes me rethink my strategy!!!

Oh, and the guys loved your son. Probably because he is more mature than them!!!!

Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

boatmangc
12-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Glad to hear you are back in a MM and happy with the car Stacy, congrats!

MOTOWN
12-19-2010, 08:21 AM
nice numbers!, must be a blast to drive:burnout:

Mike M
12-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Where was all the HP found?

Glad the car is set to kill now, the numbers look great!
I wish I could get down to Marty's after I replace my engine but it is a wee bit too far.

SC Cheesehead
12-19-2010, 03:48 PM
That car makes me jealous!

I wanted to keep my DD Blue MM NA, but seeing that makes me rethink my strategy!!!

Oh, and the guys loved your son. Probably because he is more mature than them!!!!

Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Marty, you definitely NEED to re-think your strategy.

Hope to make a run down to your place in mid-January; you can take the Bluesmobile for a spin... :burnout:

ImpalaSlayer
12-19-2010, 03:59 PM
340hp? for 6k? hahahaha

congrats on getting the power where it should be, im sure its much more fun now.

DOOM
12-19-2010, 04:32 PM
340hp? for 6k? hahahaha

All in the TUNE.

And obviously he had one that sucked! (overly conservative)

ImpalaSlayer
12-19-2010, 04:34 PM
All in the TUNE.

yes that is very obvious. that is still pathetic

SC Cheesehead
12-19-2010, 05:43 PM
All in the TUNE.

Is that the tune that comes with the kit? Just curious.

martyo
12-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Where was all the HP found?

Glad the car is set to kill now, the numbers look great!
I wish I could get down to Marty's after I replace my engine but it is a wee bit too far.

I would love to have you come out!!!!!!!!

martyo
12-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Marty, you definitely NEED to re-think your strategy.

Hope to make a run down to your place in mid-January; you can take the Bluesmobile for a spin... :burnout:

I would love to drive your car! My bank account may just regret it though...

Let me know when you are coming down so I don't make any conflicting plans.

By the way, a very good friend of mine just moved from Jersey to your area. He is a great guy. I would love to have y'all meet up.

ROCOB
12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for all the kind words gang.

The car came out of AZ and the first owner had it tuned/detuned in AZ to run on 91 octane, which is considered premium out there. The stock trilogy tune that comes with the kit is 380-390 rwhp.

I am quite pleased with the results from the tune at Mo's. I got what I asked for, a conservative tune. I also got a bad gas tune, did not ask for that, but I am thankful that it was thrown in. I also received an education in the process. I do not do my own wrenching, that is not my forte.

I have been fortunate to have owned three 04 silver birches. The first was bone stock. The second was equipped with a FIT kit. Now I own a trilogy equipped marauder and hopefully it will be my last, although turbo is tempting.

#92's manners on the street remind me of my first marauder, with normal driving. Now, if you roll onto the throttle it WILL move out smartly. It has a totally different feel than my FIT equipped car. Both cars were identical aside from the gears. #92 has 4:10s and the previous one had 3:55s. The 4:10s belonged in the other car.

In closing, I am thankful to have stumbled on this site when I was researching my first purchase. I have been fortunate to meet several other members during the past four years and I have managed to learn a thing or two along the way.

ROCOB

ps the drive back home was uneventful, I had my son in the car. I have had some fun since though :burnout:

SC Cheesehead
12-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all the kind words gang.

The car came out of AZ and the first owner had it tuned/detuned in AZ to run on 91 octane, which is considered premium out there. The stock trilogy tune that comes with the kit is 380-390 rwhp.

That makes more sense, 340 hp sounded real low.

I would love to drive your car! My bank account may just regret it though...

Let me know when you are coming down so I don't make any conflicting plans.

By the way, a very good friend of mine just moved from Jersey to your area. He is a great guy. I would love to have y'all meet up.

Will do.

If you have his contact info, send me a PM.

martyo
12-20-2010, 08:12 AM
If you have his contact info, send me a PM.

You have a PM.