PDA

View Full Version : New Winter Beater

SHERIFF
12-17-2003, 06:18 PM
As some of you may know, the P71 is the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. The P73 and P74 are the proverbial civilian "Grandpa" rides.

Well, the P70 is basically the same thing as the P71, except it has a 6 inch longer wheelbase. The 6 inches gives the rear seat more legroom.

I found a new 2003 model that I can't believe the price on..... if any of you want a cheap nice winter beater. It only has 324 miles on it and selling for $13,767. The car even has leather interior, which you can't get on a P71 Police Interceptor!

http://www.trycrystal.com

2003 FORD CROWN VICTORIA S 4 Dr Sedan
White, 324 Miles
4.6 liter 8 Cyl. Sohc Sequential-Port F.I. Automatic With Overdrive
VIN # 2FAHP70W23X116467, Stock # 20572F
Warranty Yes

http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/2FAH/2FAHP70W23X116467-a.jpg

* AIR CONDITIONING
* CRUISE CONTROL
* LEATHER
* POWER STEERING
* POWER BRAKES
* POWER DOOR LOCKS
* POWER WINDOWS
* CASSETTE PLAYER
* RADIAL TIRES
* GAUGE CLUSTER
* CLOCK
* TRIP ODOMETER
* TILT STEERING WHEEL
* INTERVAL WIPERS
* REAR DEFROSTER
* CONSOLE
* DAY/NIGHT LEVER
* FRONT BUCKET SEATS
* RECLINING SEATS
* BODY SIDE MOLDINGS
* INSIDE HOOD RELEASE
* COURTESY LIGHTS
* ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM
* AM/FM STEREO RADIO
* HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS
* DUAL AIR BAGS
* WOOD TRIM INTERIOR
* POWER OUTSIDE MIRRORS
* SIDE IMPACT AIR BAGS

RCSignals
12-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Actually it's not quite like a P71 at all. It is not a pursuit capable vehicle, and is more like the P72 Taxi, which also has "police package" options, but is also not anything like a P71

merc406
12-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Too many P's, which reminds me I gotta Pee.

bigslim
12-17-2003, 09:01 PM
Could buy it and make extra money using it as a airport taxi with all that extra legroom.

the fat bastid
12-17-2003, 09:06 PM
i wouldnt mind a marauder with more rear legroom. whats 6 more measley inches anyways?

quick! someone hand me a hacksaw and a arc-welder!

bigslim
12-17-2003, 10:09 PM
whats 6 more measley inches anyways?
That's a loaded question. Like you haven't been asked that before.

RCSignals
12-17-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by the fat bastid
i wouldnt mind a marauder with more rear legroom. whats 6 more measley inches anyways?

a longer driveshaft?

bigslim
12-17-2003, 10:13 PM
a longer driveshaft?
Is that what the ladies call it these days?

Bigdogjim
12-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by bigslim
whats 6 more measley inches anyways?
That's a loaded question. Like you haven't been asked that before.

:lol: :lol:

Bigdogjim
12-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Hate to put a damper on the party.......

White is the worst color to drive in a snow storm duh

No :flamer: just the facts

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
Actually it's not quite like a P71 at all. It is not a pursuit capable vehicle, and is more like the P72 Taxi, which also has "police package" options, but is also not anything like a P71

I don't think anybody here would be buying it to chase people with. :)

And I personally don't consider the P72 to be a "taxi", so to speak. It is suppose to be a cheap inexpensive "fleet" vehicle. State Farm Insurance bought a large fleet of them a few years ago.

In summary though, when was the last time you saw a large rear wheel drive V-8 American produced car with a full frame, full equipment, leather interior, and dual airbags and dual side airbags for less than $14,000? The only thing I would do to this car if I bought it was add the aftermarket interior carpet for $100, and a OEM single CD player for another $150 off eBaY.

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by merc406
Too many P's, which reminds me I gotta Pee.

I don't even recall where or who started using the "P". Maybe it was Ford, maybe it was the kiddies on other Crown Victoria web sites. One could easily use "71" to speak of the Police Interceptor, "72" to speak of the fleet package, and "73" and "74" to speak of the civilian Grandpa ridemobiles. :)

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by the fat bastid

I am going to several Christmas parties in the next week. I will ask around and get back to you.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/dancbear.gif

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 06:52 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/6inches.jpg

RoyLPita
12-18-2003, 08:51 AM
This is the perfect car to raise small children in. If they dirty up the back seat area, just get the hose out! As for leather in a p70 model CV, not likely. With single exhaust and a 2.73 open ratio, this is more for cruising the highways. One other thing, the P70, 71, and 72 do not have PATS (chip encoded key).

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by RoyLPita
As for leather in a p70 model CV, not likely.

Do you think it is vinyl?? That had crossed my mind too.

RoyLPita
12-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Leather on a p75 CV is a $795 option. Commercial fleet CVs like the p70, 71, & 72 don't have the creature comforts that the other "Grandpamobiles" offer.

jgc61sr2002
12-18-2003, 12:30 PM
SHERIFF - That was one good deal. Congrats.:up:

RCSignals
12-18-2003, 01:14 PM
I don't think leather is an option on the P70.

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Leather on a p75 CV is a $795 option. Commercial fleet CVs like the p70, 71, & 72 don't have the creature comforts that the other "Grandpamobiles" offer.

What is a P75? You meant P74 I assume?

And what are the creature comforts the "Grandpa" rides offer? In comparison, the only thing my POLICE INTERCEPTORS don't have is the fake woodgrain made on recycled Pepsi cans. :)

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by RCSignals
I don't think leather is an option on the P70.

I was under the same impression. I could pull out my "ordering guides", but even they aren't a foolproof solution....... because manufacturers do produce special orders on request.

Back in 1995 Chevrolet agreed to produce a white Impala SS if we could submit 11 orders for said car. Have no idea where they came up with the magical number of 11.

SILVERMARAUDER
12-18-2003, 04:02 PM
This is the perfect car to raise small children in. If they dirty up the back seat area, just get the hose out! As for leather in a p70 model CV, not likely. With single exhaust and a 2.73 open ratio, this is more for cruising the highways. One other thing, the P70, 71, and 72 do not have PATS (chip encoded key).
It is not leather it is pleather! or leatherette what ever you want to call it. Sherrif do you work at a ford dealer is that why she is on here for sale?

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by SILVERMARAUDER
Sherrif do you work at a ford dealer is that why she is on here for sale?

Absolutely not. I was just passing on what I consider to be an excellent value for knock around bad weather car.

IMHO, it would be an excellent value even if it had no seats. :)

RoyLPita
12-18-2003, 04:18 PM
I meant P74. My bad. I got it mixed up with my M75. However, there was a P75 CV LX with a Touring Package in 1992. As for creature comforts, they are: remote keyless entry with a keypad on the driver's door, CD player/changer even with duplicate steering wheel controls, leather seats and steering wheel, multi adjustable power seats, rear arm rest with cup holders, digital dash, electonic A/C controls, auto dimming rear view mirror, rear air suspension, auto headlamps. side cornering lamps, illuminated entry, roof console with map lights and sunglass storge bins, rear map lights. need I say more?

Dr Caleb
12-18-2003, 04:39 PM
I meant P74. My bad. I got it mixed up with my M75. However, there was a P75 CV LX with a Touring Package in 1992. As for creature comforts, they are: remote keyless entry with a keypad on the driver's door, CD player/changer even with duplicate steering wheel controls, leather seats and steering wheel, multi adjustable power seats, rear arm rest with cup holders, digital dash, electonic A/C controls, auto dimming rear view mirror, rear air suspension, auto headlamps. side cornering lamps, illuminated entry, roof console with map lights and sunglass storge bins, rear map lights. need I say more?

The 92 CV I pictured above is a P75 I believe. I have most of those features, but it does not have the touring package. TP actually says "Touring Package" on the front fenders rather than "Crown Victoria".

Mine doesn't have the CD or two tone paint.

It even has the 'bronzed' glass up front with defrost wires running through it. I'm removing that windshield in the spring. It's cracked and a new one is waaaaayy to much $$. Useless for a radar dector and cell phone. Plus the Alternator is about $300 to replace.

Edit: Sorry, not above, in this thread:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6795&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RoyLPita As for creature comforts, they are: remote keyless entry with a keypad on the driver's door, CD player/changer even with duplicate steering wheel controls, leather seats and steering wheel, multi adjustable power seats, rear arm rest with cup holders, digital dash, electonic A/C controls, auto dimming rear view mirror, rear air suspension, auto headlamps. side cornering lamps, illuminated entry, roof console with map lights and sunglass storge bins, rear map lights. need I say more?

Let me offer my opinion on each..... the keywords being "my opinion".

1) keyless entry - very easy to defeat, most dealers will even give you the code over the phone if you call them and give them your VIN..... especially in states where you can run a person's license plate and find out who the car belongs to.....

2) I have added CD players to all of mine, one has a 6 banger with the changer in the trunk, the others have the single CD player in the dash..... you can get them very cheap on eBaY... $125 to $200 for practically brand new units...... I'm sure you know it takes 5 seconds to pop out the old AM/FM and 10 seconds to pop in the CD player?

3) controls in steering wheel - just something else to go bad, and if and when they do go bad they could mess up other electrical functions or circuits in the steering column.... cost a fortune in labor and repairs too....

4) I have never preferred leather seats or steering wheels, so this does not affect me personally..... plus IMHO FORD uses the cheapest leather available to mankind in the Crown Victoria.....

5) My POLICE INTERCEPTORS all have 6 way power seats with lumbar :confused:

6) rear armrest with cup holders are not standard equipment in all P73 and P74, are they? Aren't they included in an upgrade package? I don't need them anyway..... people ride in my rear seats very seldom....

7) Crown Victorias have NOT had side cornering lights for a long time.... it was deleted back in 1998 or 1999??? :)

8) digital dash - no thanks.... wait until you have to replace the module.... the cost will knock your socks off.....

9) I prefer the PI springs and stiff ride over the air ride, so if this is a creature comfort, you score one point there... :)

10) electronic HVAC controls - again, good luck replacing parts when anything goes bad, the cost of repair and parts, go without socks that day. :)

11) illuminated entry - the POLICE INTERCEPTOR gives you a choice, blackout entry or illuminated entry.... the plug to control this is under the right passenger dashboard area....

12) roof console - If this is a creature comfort.... I guess you could add one from a wrecked car. I have no preference one way or the other..... it just became available in model year 2003 anyway.....

13) auto dimming rear view mirror - totally or next to useless when using window tint, I have tint dark on all my cars.

14) rear map lights - as said above, passengers are in my rear seats very seldom. Simply don't need them, don't miss them. They could be added very simply if somebody preferred the police package car though.

RoyLPita
12-18-2003, 06:21 PM
I kind of got spoiled with having a car that has keyless entry and auto headlights. To each his own....