12-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Are you Directing the episode?

SHERIFF
12-18-2003, 06:36 AM
I still like Reno 911 better. :

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/cvn2010.jpg

O's Fan Rich
12-18-2003, 08:03 AM
I think Saddam would feel very comfortable around those fellas.

RedMM
12-18-2003, 08:53 PM
I've seen the QE show, but what is Reno911?:confused:

bigslim
12-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Reno 911 is a show on Comedy Central. It is a spoof of COPS. It is pretty fun.

woaface
12-18-2003, 09:46 PM
I've passed by Reno 911 a couple of times on the tube...it looked quite strange! What's up with it? What's it all about?

SHERIFF
12-19-2003, 04:39 AM
Reno911, while a spoof of the COPS TV show, has a little bit of reality in it as well. For example, it shows best why females shouldn't be cops. The show has all your normal characters, just like a real police department..... your straight guy, your homosexual, your black, your female, etc..... the show is hilarious! Reruns are currently on, I guess the new episodes will come along eventually.

MM03MOK
12-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by SHERIFF
Reno911, while a spoof of the COPS TV show, has a little bit of reality in it as well. For example, it shows best why females shouldn't be cops. The show has all your normal characters, just like a real police department..... your straight guy, your homosexual, your black, your female, etc..... the show is hilarious! Reruns are currently on, I guess the new episodes will come along eventually. What channel and time?

SHERIFF
12-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
What channel and time?

That question is almost impossible to answer if you don't have the same cable provider I do. :)

But, on Directv East Coast it came on channel 249 (Comedy Channel) on Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. EST.

After each new show on Wednesdays, they would repeat it two or three times in the next 7 days as well.

MM03MOK
12-19-2003, 12:44 PM
That question is almost impossible to answer if you don't have the same cable provider I do. :)

But, on Directv East Coast it came on channel 249 (Comedy Channel) on Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. EST.

After each new show on Wednesdays, they would repeat it two or three times in the next 7 days as well. Comedy Central was what I was looking for. Thanks!

merc406
12-19-2003, 01:04 PM
The movie Super Troopers is a good one. Titles that have Queer in em, I just kinda pass over.

woaface
12-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Super Troopers was hysterical...

But what's this about females shouldn't be cops? Yeah, some....some women just aren't up to the job, but that doesn't mean all women aren't up to it. Some women can do it better than some men...it's all about who's doing it...not in general what sex they are. I was out "too late" once and a female police officer pulled my friend and me over. She did her job very well, and I felt more intimidated by her then I had with other male officers. I feel more comfortable being pulled over by a (not including the hat) 6'2 200lb male officer than I do a 5'3 110 pound female. Shoot, I know she isn't gonna give me any slack...and even if a man doesn't, I still feel like he is somehow, and I can relax a little more.

But that's just me...

SHERIFF
12-19-2003, 02:51 PM
It's way too hard to explain in 1,000 words or less. :)

I will cite just one example, an example some you might recall..... on a COPS TV episode a few years ago, the male partner has to start physically fighting with a male suspect in the doorway of a house. The little girl, his partner, stood there screaming and shouting for the bad guy to stop resisting and behave himself. The little girl did not make any effort whatsoever to grab onto the bad guy and assist her male partner.

I get so tired of hearing people say a 100 pound (soaking wet) 5'3" female officer can talk a 6'4" 250 pound ornary beligerent drunk into walking over and getting in the back of a squad car without a struggle. It simply does not happen in real life. :)

Trust me, I am not politically correct, and will never approve of little girls in a police or sheriff uniform.

SHERIFF
12-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by woaface
But what's this about females shouldn't be cops? I was out "too late" once and a female police officer pulled my friend and me over. She did her job very well....

ps - the situation went well because you and your buddy did not become aggressive towards her. You know as well as I do that the two of you could have "taken her" if you wanted to.

There was a case not long ago where 4 guys took a female's gun from her, ripped her badge off her shirt, stripped her naked, handcuffed her with her own cuffs, and stole her patrol car. She was left walking down the road totally naked and handcuffed without communication. Can you imagine how embarassing this was when fellow officers rolled up to assist?

woaface
12-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Quite uncomfortable...

We may have been able to take her, no we weren't at all aggressive, but I do agree that she would have had a problem had we been much larger. She was no less than 7 or 8 feet from us at all times, if we went for her she woulda pulled out her gun or pepper spray in no time. And I don't see what you say as not being poltically correct...it instead looks to me as concern for the safety of female officers. I understand what you mean. So maybe smaller female officers shouldn't be getting into heavy situations. How about the big ones though? Knew (of) another lady who's a correctional officer in the city...she's about 5'9 and weighs...a lot.
Otherwise, I guess you've got some good points!

SHERIFF
12-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by woaface
And I don't see what you say as not being poltically correct...it instead looks to me as concern for the safety of female officers.

You could be right. I keep imagining my daughter out at 3:00 a.m. stopping a carload of drunk wanted criminals. Hell, 9:00 p.m. either! :)

RedMM
12-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Caught 2 episodes of Reno 911 last night. WOW.....show is really over the top! I will definately give it a few more viewings- The potential for sarcastic humor is certainly there, but I think it might take a few more episodes to learn the characters. My delema last night was that Reno is on opposite Cops from 8-9 PM and I hated missing Cops to see Reno. I have always loved Cops, particularly the chase scenes, but I would like to see a few more Reno 911s to see if it grows on me. Thanks for the tip! :up:

JLHARVEY1
12-21-2003, 09:29 PM
I like female cops; besides being a good cop starts with having a good mind, that's far more important than physical ability. Dumb cops are the ones I fear :flamer:

SHERIFF
12-22-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by JLHARVEY1
Dumb cops are the ones I fear

I like dumb cops. They do stupid things and you can sue them. I just finished two lawsuits successfully with stupid cops. :)
Here's the what you should fear...... in an effort to cover their own asses and wrongdoing, the entire chain of command lied under oath.

captJ696
12-22-2003, 07:15 AM
WHOA! Sheriff, "that`s deep". Enjoy the cash!

Mad1
12-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Here's the what you should fear...... in an effort to cover their own asses and wrongdoing, the entire chain of command lied under oath.

Had a similar experience when I was on the cops beat for a daily newspaper in Ohio.

Two cops gave a handcuffed subject some "special treatment" one night in the station house and the Lieutenant on duty got the rest of the night shift involved in covering it up or at least he tried.

I think it was a result of too many experienced officers retired by the city to save money and inexperienced officers promoted too rapidly to fill those vacant supervisory posts. Also smacked of poor management by the city and the police department not to notice that so many of its officers were hitting retirement without regularly filling the "pipeline" with new officers.

End result, the Lieu and four cops all lost their jobs and faced criminal charges. (I'm pretty sure there was a lawsuit involved privately too.)

It took six months of going through personnel records, interviews and writing "unpopular" stories, but the truth always comes out eventually.

SHERIFF
12-22-2003, 12:52 PM
The two cops in my lawsuit should have faced criminal charges. But the state police said there wasn't enough evidence of intentional wrongdoing, and the State Attorney General's Office backed them up.

The two cops also were not fired as a result of the events involving me. But the department kept their eyes and ears open and fired the sergeant first chance they had. History, he's gone. Working at a small town department now making peanuts. And the other, rumor is they will fire him too as soon as they can find good cause. I think it's just wishful thinking on his fellow offier's behalf though. To have fired each over my event would have been just like admitting guilt.

My best witnesses kept dying while the lawsuits were pending too.... a detective died of cancer at 49 years old, and a Lt died of a heart attack at the age of 50. So, I was fighting an uphill battle before the judge finally set a jury trial date, and the department finally got scared and settled of court. :)

Donny Carlson
12-22-2003, 08:56 PM
I am not going to weigh in on the relative merits - or lack thereof - of female police officers. I just want to share something I saw on the news back when I lived in Houston (1987 or so). The HPD had recently issued tasers, and one evening on KPRC there was video of this crazy drunk Grizzly Adams looking dude dressed in nothinh but bib overalls walking down the median of one of the local boulevards, waving a machete and generally being a public nuisance. Police in hot foot pursuit. One fires a taser at him, but it misfires and he's able to pull out the darts before the zap. He yells more obscenities, swings the machete some more. Then this little woman HPD officer marches up, carefully aims her taser and ZAP!!! The dude jumps like a scared cat, lands in a heap and quite obviously pisses his overalls. Impressive!!:eek: