PDA

View Full Version : Pulled a G8 out of a snowbank

Black_Noise
12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
I had just left work friday (off at noon) and was about 5 blacks away and saw this black g8 on a side street trying to get onto the main road through town and it's back end had slid way to the curb where the city had plowed up 3 ft of snow, so it was christmas eve and I feel like giving.

I turned into the gas station right next to it, and it was a guy I know (but dont really care for)

So I backed up to hom, got out, and he was kinda shocked when I got out of the Ram and asked if he needed help.

I saw what looked like mini air defusers over the trunk, and was thinking, who the hell would put that on thier car besides a ricer.

He said some guy tryed to give him a push and broke off his spoiler.... (I was laughing on the inside now)

I handed him the 35K pound tow strap (bigger IS better) and said "you hook it up and Im not responsible for damages"

He then said we would have to hook to something in the trunk. I was like WTF??!!?

I said, try the bumper, he said cant get to it, so I looked and it has crappy plastic all the way down, If I did wrap around it it would have peeled it up like a banana.

He opend the trunk when I went back to the truck to turn on the hazards, he had it open looking around the trunk and in the spare tire area for something to hook it to.

I said, no, there has to be something under the car to hook to. so I got under and looked, and of course its IRS junk but it still has control arms, so after I told him what the control arm was, and how to hook to it, I gave him a small pull back about 20 ft, which didnt do any good cause he slid right over again into it.

I got behind it and said "aim for that driveway that has been plowed"

He put it in gear and it didnt even move, just like having it in neutral except it WAS spinning, what a pile of a car.

So i pushed him up to the driveway which he managed to make it up (at about 5-6k rpm.
Took the tow trap off and said , "take it easy" and headed home.

I felt pretty good about helping someone, who I dont think really cares for me either, and getting to laugh about that persons car knowledge and skill of driving.
Not to mention what a POS that G8 is with IRS in the snow.

Just wanted to share this.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/black300a/dodge%20ram/b2.jpg

PonyUP
12-26-2010, 05:24 PM
I had just left work friday (off at noon) and was about 5 blacks away and saw this black g8 on a side street trying to get onto the main road through town and it's back end had slid way to the curb where the city had plowed up 3 ft of snow, so it was christmas eve and I feel like giving.

I turned into the gas station right next to it, and it was a guy I know (but dont really care for)

So I backed up to hom, got out, and he was kinda shocked when I got out of the Ram and asked if he needed help.

I saw what looked like mini air defusers over the trunk, and was thinking, who the hell would put that on thier car besides a ricer.

He said some guy tryed to give him a push and broke off his spoiler.... (I was laughing on the inside now)

I handed him the 35K pound tow strap (bigger IS better) and said "you hook it up and Im not responsible for damages"

He then said we would have to hook to something in the trunk. I was like WTF??!!?

I said, try the bumper, he said cant get to it, so I looked and it has crappy plastic all the way down, If I did wrap around it it would have peeled it up like a banana.

He opend the trunk when I went back to the truck to turn on the hazards, he had it open looking around the trunk and in the spare tire area for something to hook it to.

I said, no, there has to be something under the car to hook to. so I got under and looked, and of course its IRS junk but it still has control arms, so after I told him what the control arm was, and how to hook to it, I gave him a small pull back about 20 ft, which didnt do any good cause he slid right over again into it.

I got behind it and said "aim for that driveway that has been plowed"

He put it in gear and it didnt even move, just like having it in neutral except it WAS spinning, what a pile of a car.

So i pushed him up to the driveway which he managed to make it up (at about 5-6k rpm.
Took the tow trap off and said , "take it easy" and headed home.

I felt pretty good about helping someone, who I dont think really cares for me either, and getting to laugh about that persons car knowledge and skill of driving.

Just wanted to share this.

Great Story, I hate Pontiac's as a whole and this just reminds me about how much I hate them.

MercNasty
12-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Its always good to help someone out when there in need.

Shaijack
12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
whats snow? New Orleans

stillprint
12-27-2010, 08:37 AM
good story and that Ram looks awesome!!!

Joe Walsh
12-27-2010, 09:39 AM

I actually like the Pontiac G8s...especially the GXP edition.
Lots of fun in a 4 door sedan with a 415 HP 6.2L V8 and 6 speed!

In reality, any high HP/TRQ RWD car with fat high performance summer tires is going to suck in the snow.

Ask me about how well my 5.0 Mustang would do in deep snow....:rolleyes:

SHERIFF
12-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Watch what these mental giants do. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhx6sKFCjak&playnext=1&list=PLB6FAEFE40CE5A9AB&index=2

Black_Noise
12-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Watch what these mental giants do. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhx6sKFCjak&playnext=1&list=PLB6FAEFE40CE5A9AB&index=2

seen that a LONG time ago.... thats what I was picturing in my head when I had a flash of hooking to the bumper

MrBluGruv
12-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I actually like the Pontiac G8s...especially the GXP edition.
Lots of fun in a 4 door sedan with a 415 HP 6.2L V8 and 6 speed!

In reality, any high HP/TRQ RWD car with fat high performance summer tires is going to suck in the snow.

Ask me about how well my 5.0 Mustang would do in deep snow....:rolleyes:

CTS-V for the masses!

If GM has any sense and wants to break into the 4-door performance market again with a more affordable option than a Cadillac, they'll bring that G8 GXP back as a Chevy and market it as the Impala SS.

I thought I did hear rumors about exactly that happening though...

Joe Walsh
12-27-2010, 09:16 PM
CTS-V for the masses!

If GM has any sense and wants to break into the 4-door performance market again with a more affordable option than a Cadillac, they'll bring that G8 GXP back as a Chevy and market it as the Impala SS.

I thought I did hear rumors about exactly that happening though...

Yeah...but then I would be buying a Chevy....:rolleyes: