PDA

View Full Version : Go Hawkeyes !!!

WI Fordguy
12-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Let's get a little love love for Iowa in the Insight bowl. Any Hawkeye fans?

WI Fordguy
12-28-2010, 11:52 PM
No Hawkeye fans, damn you guys are coastal. By the way Hawks win!!!!

gdsqdcr
12-29-2010, 12:53 AM
:poke:
Ok, I will bite ... who are the Hawkeyes?

TooManyFords
12-29-2010, 01:51 AM
LOL!

I didn't see the thread in time.

Go Hawks!

Ms. Denmark
12-29-2010, 03:27 AM
IOWA HAWKEYES!!!!!!! :banana2:

burtreynolds
12-29-2010, 05:01 AM
I am an MU fan (much to my Jayhawk loving girlfriend's chagrin) but, Iowa deserved that win. They put on one hell of a show.

CBT
12-29-2010, 05:42 AM
I thought Iowa was the buckeyes? :confused:

SC Cheesehead
12-29-2010, 05:50 AM
I thought Iowa was the buckeyes? :confused:

Yep.

Ohio State Hawkeyes and the Iowa Buckeyes. ;)

And then there's the REAL Big Ten team:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabDLr57J9I&feature=related

burtreynolds
12-29-2010, 06:00 AM
They are...but KU fans hate MU, therefor an enemy of my enemy is my friend.

duhtroll
12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
I live in IA and hate the Hawkeyes.

See, since we have no pro teams here, lots people from this state are rabid about the Hawks. Even people that have no affiliation whatsoever to the University are "die hard" Hawk fans.

(I have had the conversation several times -- "Oh, so you are Iowa grads?" "Oh, so your kids must be Iowa grads?" "No?")

I could even handle that if it weren't for the damn radio and TV announcers telling us each and every year how Iowa is going to the BCS (pre season, mind you) and when they don't, how they got screwed.

That and the running joke around here is how many of their players will be arrested during the year. The over/under is 2, any given year.

But those who are convicted and kicked off the team end up at UNI, my alma mater, so I guess I can't complain much about that part.

So I guess in retrospect it is not the U of I I hate, just some of the fans.

Leadfoot281
12-29-2010, 12:36 PM
The doctor that delivered me did so three days earlly because he was leaving town for a Hawkeyes game.

If I seem to be a little half baked once in a while, that's probably the reason.

WI Fordguy
12-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Post #10..... Wow
Wife and I both went to the U of I, and now we must live out our lives in the shadow of your hatred.

BUCKWHEAT
12-29-2010, 03:43 PM
I llive in MO & my G-daughter goes to MU, but I'm from Iowa and a Hawkeye fan. I'm in Florida now (Destin) & brought my Hawkeye blankie to watch the game. OU sucks, by the way.

Ms. Denmark
12-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Post #10..... Wow
Wife and I both went to the U of I, and now we must live out our lives in the shadow of your hatred.That's OK. Both my parents graduated from there as well...... so we have enough to start a support group. LOL!!:D

SC Cheesehead
12-29-2010, 04:10 PM
That's OK. Both my parents graduated from there as well...... so we have enough to start a support group. LOL!!:D

Refer to post #8 above... ;) -----> :D

Ms. Denmark
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Refer to post #8 above... ;) -----> :D :);):cool::rolleyes::coolman:

CBT
12-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Wow, there seems to be one heck of a rivalry between these two teams :eek:

TooManyFords
12-30-2010, 03:17 AM
I live in IA and hate the Hawkeyes.

See, since we have no pro teams here, lots people from this state are rabid about the Hawks. Even people that have no affiliation whatsoever to the University are "die hard" Hawk fans.

(I have had the conversation several times -- "Oh, so you are Iowa grads?" "Oh, so your kids must be Iowa grads?" "No?")

I could even handle that if it weren't for the damn radio and TV announcers telling us each and every year how Iowa is going to the BCS (pre season, mind you) and when they don't, how they got screwed.

That and the running joke around here is how many of their players will be arrested during the year. The over/under is 2, any given year.

But those who are convicted and kicked off the team end up at UNI, my alma mater, so I guess I can't complain much about that part.

So I guess in retrospect it is not the U of I I hate, just some of the fans.

Did you want to kick the cat while on a roll? :P

Mr. Man
12-30-2010, 01:02 PM
That's OK. Both my parents graduated from there as well...... so we have enough to start a support group. LOL!!:D
Actually, your parents graduated from Northern Iowa Teachers Collage as it was called back in the day. Back then you actually learned stuff in college. Not like today where it's like a 30,000 dollar a year high school kegger.

duhtroll
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Is it a Hawkeye fan?

Did you want to kick the cat while on a roll? :P

duhtroll
12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Uhmm...

Iowa, as in "University of" Iowa, is not UNI, which is what I think you refer to.

Iowa State Normal School became Iowa State Teachers College, then became the University of Northern Iowa. In Cedar Falls, about 80 miles North of Iowa City where The U of I is located.

Don't know the history of the University of Losers, er Iowa. :P

Iowa State University is located in Ames, closer to Des Moines.

Actually, your parents graduated from Northern Iowa Teachers Collage as it was called back in the day. Back then you actually learned stuff in college. Not like today where it's like a 30,000 dollar a year high school kegger.