PDA

View Full Version : Air Travel Stinks

FordNut
01-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Those new scanners are stupid. You have to take absolutely everything out of your pockets, metallic or not. Then you walk into the damn thing and they're telling you how to stand, saying "look over there, don't look at me". Well when you're talking to me, I'm going to look at you. Then you come out and stand there waiting for somebody to look at the picture and say it's ok. Then they start to pat you down anyway. In the meantime, three people have already gone through the old type metal detection scanner so the carry-on luggage is all out of order.

It's all just stupid, next time I'll tell them I want a pat-down instead because it would be a heck of a lot quicker than the circle-jerk they have going on with the new scanners. They're about as useful as those "puffer" machines the government wanted to put in the airports a few years ago.

Kodimar
01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm just going to drive from now on.

guspech750
01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Just go through the pat down with one of those long foam bicycle handle bar grips taped to the inside of you pant leg.

PonyUP
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Veangence is a beautiful thing, try the stink pat down. What you do, is workout itensly prior to going to the airport, on the way to the airport crank the heat as high as it will go. If possible, run in place while wading through the security line. Then just before you go for the pat down, reach inside your pants, and gather up the sweat you have been brewing (you know "swamp a$$", rub it all over the outside of the pants.
They will then pat you down and that smell will stay with them all day, you'll stink to high heaven, no one will want to sit next to you on the plane, but it is a small price to pay for justice served.

Or drive

CBT
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Those new scanners are stupid. You have to take absolutely everything out of your pockets, metallic or not. Then you walk into the damn thing and they're telling you how to stand, saying "look over there, don't look at me". Well when you're talking to me, I'm going to look at you. Then you come out and stand there waiting for somebody to look at the picture and say it's ok. Then they start to pat you down anyway. In the meantime, three people have already gone through the old type metal detection scanner so the carry-on luggage is all out of order.

I thought the purpose of the scanner was to do away with the patdown? Sounds like you got the bonus plan.

Mr. Man
01-05-2011, 08:11 PM
In the mean time the maintenance guy with the fake ID and tool box full of explosives just bypasses the whole thing. Nice system....and nobody is really fooled except the fools running the system

Bigdogjim
01-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Next time try Greyhound:)

PurdueRifleman
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Veangence is a beautiful thing, try the stink pat down. What you do, is workout itensly prior to going to the airport, on the way to the airport crank the heat as high as it will go. If possible, run in place while wading through the security line. Then just before you go for the pat down, reach inside your pants, and gather up the sweat you have been brewing (you know "swamp a$$", rub it all over the outside of the pants.
They will then pat you down and that smell will stay with them all day, you'll stink to high heaven, no one will want to sit next to you on the plane, but it is a small price to pay for justice served.

Or drive

Fan of a certain Kevin Smith movie?

dakslim
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I thought the purpose of the scanner was to do away with the patdown? Sounds like you got the boner plan.

Fixed it for ya.;)

SC Cheesehead
01-06-2011, 12:13 PM
"Security theater"

...is a term that describes security countermeasures intended to provide the feeling of improved security while doing little or nothing to actually improve security...Security theater has real monetary costs but does not necessarily provide tangible security benefits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater

Dragcity
01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
My Niece flew home for Thanksgiving. She wore no bra and went comando wearing tight fitting clothing. (yes, she is very pretty too....)

She said she had no problem at all going through security, they could already see all they wanted to.

So there you have it fellas. The only questions we'd get is "are you smuggling plums?"

SC Cheesehead
01-06-2011, 12:56 PM
My Niece flew home for Thanksgiving. She wore no bra and went comando wearing tight fitting clothing. (yes, she is very pretty too....)

She said she had no problem at all going through security, they could already see all they wanted to.

So there you have it fellas. The only questions we'd get is "are you smuggling plums?"

:rofl: Jocularity! :rofl:

SHERIFF
01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm sure most of you have seen the movie "Training Day" with Denzel Washington.

Just report to the airport with peanut butter in your undewear. :D

We just had a local boy arrested for disorderly conduct. Why? He went to the airport in running shorts only. And had the 4th Amendment written on his chest in black magic marker. Tell me the whole system isn't totally out of control. Disorderly conduct???? WTF?

See link and image of boy.....

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/12/31/security-theater-cville-native-nets-airport-disorderly-charge/

PonyUP
01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Fan of a certain Kevin Smith movie?

Yes I am :beer:, although it seemed like a fitting response

PurdueRifleman
01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes I am :beer:, although it seemed like a fitting response

That's one of my overall favorite movies :beer:

Mr. Man
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Pics or it never happened:D

SC Cheesehead
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Pics or it never happened:D

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://girlgetstrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Prunes_Dried_Plums_Dried_Fruit-300x222.jpg&sa=X&ei=YDomTeSJL4-gnQf4vNTiDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Hg&usg=AFQjCNFibO8iPZS-EIh1yy5uG0LnYGpjiQ

Mr. Man
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://girlgetstrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Prunes_Dried_Plums_Dried_Fruit-300x222.jpg&sa=X&ei=YDomTeSJL4-gnQf4vNTiDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Hg&usg=AFQjCNFibO8iPZS-EIh1yy5uG0LnYGpjiQ
Breakfast of the geezer gang:cool:

Big Black Beast
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Well they had to do something with all the Homeland Security money. That and buy $6000 Segways for the security guards to ride around on.:rolleyes:
I'm not planning on flying anywhere ever again. If I can't drive, I'm not going.

CBT
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Well they had to do something with all the Homeland Security money. That and buy $6000 Segways for the security guards to ride around on.:rolleyes:
I'm not planning on flying anywhere ever again. If I can't drive, I'm not going.

LMAO! Hey if you PM me your e-mail, I'll send you a story (with pics!) of something different that can be ridden for 6,000 dollars.

SC Cheesehead
01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
LMAO! Hey if you PM me your e-mail, I'll send you a story (with pics!) of something different that can be ridden for 6,000 dollars.

Al Czervik (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001098/): You're a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

CBT
01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Al Czervik (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001098/): You're a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

No, this is a 6,000 dollar inflatable doll.

SC Cheesehead
01-07-2011, 10:02 AM

So, it won't cost $14 to use it?

CBT
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
So, it won't cost $14 to use it?

PM me your e-mail, this thing is unreal.

Big Black Beast
01-07-2011, 05:06 PM

Hell, a real woman would be almost easier and cheaper to get!:lol:

fastblackmerc
01-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Hell, a real woman would be almost easier and cheaper to get!:lol:

Not in the long run.......