PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Yukon door won't open from the outside(help)

JBeezy
01-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Just taking a shot here on the forums to see if anyone has any knowledge with these things? I've never done any work on any of these and would like to know what I'm looking for when I pull the panel. Would be nice if someone has a shop manual that I could download

Thanks in advance.

fastblackmerc
01-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Just taking a shot here on the forums to see if anyone has any knowledge with these things? I've never done any work on any of these and would like to know what I'm looking for when I pull the panel. Would be nice if someone has a shop manual that I could download

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to remove the door panel while the door is closed. Once inside you could trip the door latch.

JBeezy
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
It will open from the inside just the outside handle isn't working. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these any know what I need to look for. I know I should simply buy a shop manual but I haven't got around to it.

fastblackmerc
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
It will open from the inside just the outside handle isn't working. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these any know what I need to look for. I know I should simply buy a shop manual but I haven't got around to it.

There should be a rod that connects the outside handle to the door latch. It's usually secured with a plastic clip. The clips get dried out and break or the rod just pops out. You have to get inside and look at the handle and door latch.

The lever on the door handle could have broken also. In that case you'll have to replace the door handle. Not a hard job.

JBeezy
01-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Cool. I may pull the panel Saturday Morning if I decide not to go to the breakfast in Atlanta that morning with SouthernMarauders

Sounds simple enough. I'm just use to following some type of DIY. Time for change I guess

Thanks!!!

fastblackmerc
01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Google search for "yukon forums".

You might find one that has more info on the door panel removal.

JBeezy
01-13-2011, 07:47 PM
I searched a few but ill try again Everytime I buy a vehicle I join a forum as I try to do all my maintenance and repairs myself.

The last I joined was a BMW forum for my 2001 530i sport. Glad I sold it. Replacing window regulators are a pain and expensive.

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Had that happen on my Lincoln right before selling it, seems like something did become detached..never got around to fixing it.

JBeezy
01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Easy fix once I got the panel off. Poorly designed clip had come loose. Clipped it back together, added a zip tie for extra protection so it won't come loose again. Thanks!!