PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

Horsepower
01-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Say your in an auto accident and the other driver is at fault. Their insurance company sends out an adjustor to estimate damage costs. Their insurance company then sends you a check for estimated damages. The question I have is do I just pay for the work that was done by the bodyshopand keep the extra $$$$ or do I have to give them the whole check. Also subfactor that the damages may have been more then the estimate. Also the adjustor was employed and payed by the faulted driver's insurance company? plzzzzz help I think the body shop is tryna get ova:argue::argue:

JAYSILVER04
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM
The body shop where you take the car will give you an estimate of the repairs and that should be submitted to the insurance company for approval well before the work is completed. If the bodyshop comes across more damage that wasnt factored in with the original estimate, then they should go after the insurance company for it. Also,make sure the body shop will only use Original parts rather than aftermarket

Horsepower
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Thx bro and original parts...yes.:beer:

Paul T. Casey
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Do not cash the check until you've been to the repair shop of your choice. Have them give you an estimate. Then, if the damages are for more than the insurance company gave you, contact them about the difference. If they squawk about it, contact your state's insurance governance office.

Paul T. Casey
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
If you get the work done for less than what they gave you, pocket the difference and treat the bodymen to a cold case of beer.

SC Cheesehead
01-14-2011, 01:19 PM
If you get the work done for less than what they gave you, pocket the difference and treat the bodymen to a cold case of beer.

If they do a great job on the repair, you may want to treat them to one anyway. ;)

Horsepower
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
The damages came out to be more
:argue::mad2::argue::mad2:

MercNasty
01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I am an insurance adjuster, since the estimate is higher than what that cut you a check for, I would get 1 more estimate that way you will have 2 to send to the insurance company and since you have 2 that are higher than what they estimated, the adjuster will not have anything to argue about. More than likely the adjuster used Mitchell software to calculate the damages. Let me know if i can help with anything else.

The damages came out to be more
:argue::mad2::argue::mad2:

4drcbra
01-14-2011, 07:37 PM
if more money is needed for extra cost from damages found during repair the body shop will submit a supplemental to the insurance company of the at fault driver. If they ask you directly for money they are def trying to get over on you

fastblackmerc
01-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Once upon a time.......

My daughter's RX-8 got hit in the rear two weeks ago.

I took it to the body shop guy I normally use.

My daughter told Geico (the other person's insurance carrier) where the car was.

They sent an adjuster to the body shop.

The adjuster and body shop guy agreed on a price to fix it.

Once the car is fixed to my daughters satisfaction, she'll sign the check that the body shop guy has.

Daughter is also driving a rental car for the duration of the repair, paid for by Geico.

End of story.........

Vortex
01-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Dont forget "deminished value" to your car.

MercNasty
01-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Not true, you want to avoid supplements, supplements have a 50/50 chance of being denied. You definitely want to get an ACOR agreed cost of repairs before you let any body shop start the work.

if more money is needed for extra cost from damages found during repair the body shop will submit a supplemental to the insurance company of the at fault driver. If they ask you directly for money they are def trying to get over on you

Horsepower
01-15-2011, 11:45 AM
They fixed everything but my water pump. They told me that it didn't happen as a result of the accident. So rather then go to prison:uzi::run:I just decided to :pill:. I have a warranty so the pump will get fixed and I'm in no rush to get a car back that I wasn't driving anyway. Plus it's nasty outside.

sailsmen
01-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Here is what works for me. I bring the car to my bodyshop and have their adjuster and my bodyshop work it out. I prefer that the adjuster not even see the vehicle until it is at my bodyshop and the two have worked out an appointment time to see it together.
I am not going to drive around and get x number of quotes from shops I have no intention of doing business with to give me different estimates soley based on easily visible damage that I do not have the expertise to compare. That is a complete waste of everyones time, including mine.

Same if there is any damage to my house. The adjuster and the builder make an appointment with each other to examine the house together.

I have never had an issue doing it this way.

I have a bodyshop and a builder that I trust. I am not interested in anything but being put right back to where I was before the accident, no more and no less. I tell the bodyshop and the builder charge me your standard rates that you charge anyonelse just make sure you do it to the best of your ability.