PDA

View Full Version : Attitude

Horsepower
01-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Is it just me or was 60% of the population in a *****y mood today. I work in a hospital with disgruntled patients and visitors daily. Today it just seemed like the world was against me. :argue::argue::argue:

SC Cheesehead
01-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Is it just me or was 60% of the population in a *****y mood today. I work in a hospital with disgruntled patients and visitors daily. Today it just seemed like the world was against me. :argue::argue::argue:

Only 60%? You got it made... ;)

justbob
01-22-2011, 04:21 PM
News flash. Many are in worse finacial shape than ever leading to divorces, foreclosures, and thru the roof stress, and perhaps the ones unaffected are worried about their futures as they should be.

Besides, you said hospital, a place you don't usually visit unless you or a loved one is not in the best of health...

Have a nice day. :)

TAKEDOWN
01-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I think everyone has those days, don't take it personal and move on, tomorrow will be a better day!

SpartaPerformance
01-22-2011, 07:40 PM
60% is a mild day for me. I love "It's only been grinding for 3 days" and I get yelled at when I hand them the bill. Or..
• "I think these 2 tires you sold me are defective, they're bald and their only 2 months old :mad:"
• "These two rear tires?"
• "Yeah"
• "On the back of your Mustang? "
• "Yeah"
• "With the supercharger?"
• "Yeah"

I'll take 60% anytime.

MOTOWN
01-22-2011, 07:49 PM
a bad day at work! come to work with me for a few hours!, you will go running back the hospital with open arms!

burt ragio
01-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Always remember for every action there is a reaction. Never take a charging bull by the horns. Take your cape wave the bull by. The art of descalating disgruntal people is a rewarding art. Days like that just smile keep your voice low and ask them for thier help.

Ms. Denmark
01-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Always remember for every action there is a reaction. Never take a charging bull by the horns. Take your cape wave the bull by. The art of descalating disgruntal people is a rewarding art. Days like that just smile keep your voice low and ask them for thier help. Well said! It is an art, but very rewarding! I always remind myself: Do not make assumptions and do not make it personal.

SC Cheesehead
01-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Well said! It is an art, but very rewarding! I always remind myself: Do not make assumptions and do not make it personal.

^^^^^^ True, that! ^^^^^

guspech750
01-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I say get over it. Most of society are social rejects. Just ignor them as I try to do.

SC Cheesehead
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I say get over it. Most of society are social rejects. Just ignor them as I try to do.

And I thought you were just stuck up at the KY meet...;)----->:D

guspech750
01-23-2011, 10:45 AM
And I thought you were just stuck up at the KY meet...;)----->:D

:beer: See. I proved my theory!! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
01-23-2011, 10:58 AM
:beer: See. I proved my theory!! :beer:

And all along Casey thought it was his breath... :lol:

justbob
01-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Well said! It is an art, but very rewarding! I always remind myself: Do not make assumptions and do not make it personal.
Very well put Paula! It is rarely something that you bring on, on you can take comfort in hopeing they will go home and think what an ass they were towards you!

Melanie works as a CNA and gets this attitude non stop everyday and it really crawls under her skin as she makes it a concious effort to provide the very best that she can meanwhile watching most other CNA's treat is as merely a job. She loves her job and has been there I believe 18 years now, that alone should prove her passion for helping others!

Just remember, if it's the patients giving you a hard time, they are in a place that they can not help theirselves and this alone brings on many frustrations. If it is the family members, they are probably just scared for their loved ones, or even worse as this happens ALOT, almost mad that they have to deal with this and they come off as put out.

Either way, I guarantee if you just put on a meaningful smile, and try to ignore their rudeness, you will be the victor at the end of your day.

Blackened300a
01-23-2011, 11:11 AM
More of a reason why I'm glad I work with limited people. I close the door and the window and I only have to deal with myself.

Ms. Denmark
01-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Very well put Paula! It is rarely something that you bring on, on you can take comfort in hopeing they will go home and think what an ass they were towards you!

Melanie works as a CNA and gets this attitude non stop everyday and it really crawls under her skin as she makes it a concious effort to provide the very best that she can meanwhile watching most other CNA's treat is as merely a job. She loves her job and has been there I believe 18 years now, that alone should prove her passion for helping others!

Just remember, if it's the patients giving you a hard time, they are in a place that they can not help theirselves and this alone brings on many frustrations. If it is the family members, they are probably just scared for their loved ones, or even worse as this happens ALOT, almost mad that they have to deal with this and they come off as put out.

Either way, I guarantee if you just put on a meaningful smile, and try to ignore their rudeness, you will be the victor at the end of your day.
Melanie has one of the most difficult jobs I can think of....and one of the most important! She gets a lot of credit in my book. I could never do my job without the assist and support of my team of nurses and CNAs. Bob, tell her she is a Saint to do this work for so many years!

What you said about patients and their loved ones is absolutely true. It's never about staff feelings. We get to go home at night while they are feeling helpless and scared about the crisis they are facing. It's up to us to help lower the fear and anxiety and give them hope and confidence the best way we can.

justbob
01-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the very kind words Paula! I will let her know. Looks like she will be tagging to Kentucky this year too!

SC Cheesehead
01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the very kind words Paula! I will let her know. Looks like she will be tagging to Kentucky this year too!

Oh goodie, another LCR player! ;)

RF Overlord
01-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Many are in worse finacial shape than ever leading to divorces, foreclosures, and thru the roof stress,Although many good people have bad things happen that are totally beyond their control, many MORE are in bad financial shape due to greed and/or stupidity. The American savings percentage, and especially that of saving for retirement, is abysmally low and gets lower every year. Too many people have to have more house than they can afford, a bigger TV than they can afford, and a more expensive SUV than they can afford. These same people also pay minimal amounts on their maxed-out credit cards. Then when the economy turns down, they act like they're victims and default on their obligations.

Although I'm genuinely empathetic with people who did their best and became victims, I feel NO sorrow for the ones I describe above.

Ms. Denmark
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Oh goodie, another LCR player! ;)It would be great to meet someone I feel like I already know! Wish Mike could post up dates as my calandar is getting crowded. Hope there's room left on it for Kentucky.;)

breeze
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
only bit*chiness i gotta deal with is nature herself with 20*-30* weather. i work outside all day with my crew and get our job done.

justbob
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Although many good people have bad things happen that are totally beyond their control, many MORE are in bad financial shape due to greed and/or stupidity. The American savings percentage, and especially that of saving for retirement, is abysmally low and gets lower every year. Too many people have to have more house than they can afford, a bigger TV than they can afford, and a more expensive SUV than they can afford. These same people also pay minimal amounts on their maxed-out credit cards. Then when the economy turns down, they act like they're victims and default on their obligations.

Although I'm genuinely empathetic with people who did their best and became victims, I feel NO sorrow for the ones I describe above.
I couldn't agree any more Bob! Thats why we live a simple life. I have way too many idiot friends that I have watched all these years lose it all. makes no sense to me?:confused: live by your means!

Big Black Beast
01-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Today it just seemed like the world was against me. :argue::argue::argue:

Lol, welcome to my life.
You'll get used to it.:rolleyes:

Horsepower
01-24-2011, 11:56 PM
It sucks, but I have a kid. Like most parents I put up with the BS. I guess its no sense in complaining because other folks do have it alot worst. I just felt like that day the devil was on my back.