PDA

View Full Version : Trac control & tires

Jay Stark
12-20-2003, 07:00 AM
I just threw on a set of 225 60 R16 Blizzaks on all four corners mounted on 03 CVPI rims. Traction kicks in @ 45 mph and above. We know what happens then.

In reading other members experiences it looks like I have to change tire size(s)?? My mechanic thought this would work since we had a set "laying around"

Any reccomendations other than trashing the whole idea? Since the "winter look" is too LEF and I dont want to hear about it for the next three months , maybe parking the car on those really nasty predicatable days and driving another is not such a bad idea.................. :confused:
Merry Christmas!

jgc61sr2002
12-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Jay - I would drive another car in inclement weather. :D

CRUZTAKER
12-20-2003, 11:07 AM
I don't have traction control, but I did the same thing you did. I threw on the snows I kept from my marquis trade in. Same size as well. They stuck out a little, but they were all the same size, and when I measured the runout (circ*mfrance), they were exactly to spec in that regard. The rears were exactly 3/4 of an inch bigger that the fronts. Only difference was the rears were Kelly wintermarks, which have a much more aggresive tread than any other snow tire on the market.

I recently sold them to a friend with a 300B and traction control. After a thorough test drive...he left 3 weeks ago and hasn't called me back with any concerns.

I don't understand why you are have trouble? Does the trac light come on in dry weather as well? I figure, at worst, turn off your trac control (I never used it-don't have it), and as long as the ABS is cool....deal with it?

Good luck.

SHERIFF
12-20-2003, 11:13 AM
"Traction Control" is best defined as having a 4X4 sitting in the garage. :)