PDA

View Full Version : Toyota recalls 1.7 million vehicles.

Blackened300a
01-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Any yet there are people who continue to buy these products. :shake:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-26/toyota-to-recall-1-28-million-vehicles-in-japan-245-000-u-s-lexus-models.html

RR|Suki
01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
at least they get a recall, I'm still waiting for a paint recall, axles, LCM, Heads. . . just saying :shake:

Blackened300a
01-26-2011, 10:05 AM
at least they get a recall, I'm still waiting for a paint recall, axles, LCM, Heads. . . just saying :shake:

At least our flaws don't cause fires, sudden acceleration, or leave you stranded on the side of the road. :rolleyes:

RR|Suki
01-26-2011, 10:19 AM
At least our flaws don't cause fires, sudden acceleration, or leave you stranded on the side of the road. :rolleyes:

3 of those 4 can do just that. LCM died on me at night on the way from work, on the rural roads, had to pull over. Axles and shooting a plug out of the head speak for themselves. Again, it's not like Toyota is making flawless products, but at least they got a kick in the rear.

Peter
01-26-2011, 10:24 AM
My Marauder had a problem with sudden acceleration.

Peter
01-26-2011, 10:25 AM
11/5/08 @ 50063 miles
replace EGR valve (CHECK ENGINE NOT RESPONSIVE SOMETIMES IT JERKS TO ACCEL., HESITATION WHEN ACCEL)
replace keyless entry pad (CHECK ON KEYLESS PAD NOT WORKING AT TIMES, HAD TO PRESS HARD SEVERAL TIMES. CODE: -----)
80569 CAUSAL 8C607 CC 42 8621B 0.3 8621A 0.6 8575B1 0.6 8287A 0.5 DIAG INOPERTIVE ENGINE COOLING FAN AND POOR COOLING SYSTEM FLOW ENGINE OVERHEATING.REPLACED ENGINE COOLING FAN ASSEMBLY AND ENGINE THERMOSANT AND LOWER RAD HOSE CLAMP.CORRECTED ENGINE COOLING FAN OPERATION AND COOLING SYSTEM FLOW.BLEED COOLING SYSTEM ROAD TEST OK.
(CHECK FOR ENGINE OVERHEATS, TEMP GUAGE GOES TO H & USUALLY SAME TIME LOST HEAT COMPLETELY, HAS TO KEEP STOPPING, HAPPENED MANY TIMES YESTERDAY)
Jack Demmer Lincoln, Inc (Dearborn, MI)
1/26/09 @ 53557 miles
replace throttle body and air cleaner box duct (sticking and not sealing correctly, respectively)

Joe Walsh
01-26-2011, 11:08 AM
..........:laugh:............. ..:laugh:

My Marauder had a problem with sudden acceleration.

My Marauder does too!

But mine is always intended sudden acceleration.

BTW: I always found it humorous when they used the words "sudden acceleration" and "Toyota" in the same sentence.....:rolleyes:
1.7 Million recalled.....Turdyota gets another black eye!

CBT
01-26-2011, 11:48 AM
They used to hide thier recalls in TSB's, since they got caught and spanked they have to actually call a recall. Not 'Technical Service Bulletin # 679: Pressing the gas and the brake at the same time will cause flames to drip from the headliner, recommend not doing that and maybe you should bring your vehiclke in for a courtesy check. But remember, this is not a recall.'

tbone
01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
11/5/08 @ 50063 miles
replace EGR valve (CHECK ENGINE NOT RESPONSIVE SOMETIMES IT JERKS TO ACCEL., HESITATION WHEN ACCEL)
replace keyless entry pad (CHECK ON KEYLESS PAD NOT WORKING AT TIMES, HAD TO PRESS HARD SEVERAL TIMES. CODE: -----)
80569 CAUSAL 8C607 CC 42 8621B 0.3 8621A 0.6 8575B1 0.6 8287A 0.5 DIAG INOPERTIVE ENGINE COOLING FAN AND POOR COOLING SYSTEM FLOW ENGINE OVERHEATING.REPLACED ENGINE COOLING FAN ASSEMBLY AND ENGINE THERMOSANT AND LOWER RAD HOSE CLAMP.CORRECTED ENGINE COOLING FAN OPERATION AND COOLING SYSTEM FLOW.BLEED COOLING SYSTEM ROAD TEST OK.
(CHECK FOR ENGINE OVERHEATS, TEMP GUAGE GOES TO H & USUALLY SAME TIME LOST HEAT COMPLETELY, HAS TO KEEP STOPPING, HAPPENED MANY TIMES YESTERDAY)
Jack Demmer Lincoln, Inc (Dearborn, MI)
1/26/09 @ 53557 miles
replace throttle body and air cleaner box duct (sticking and not sealing correctly, respectively)

It's not so much miles, but age. Age is the bigger enemy. Just ask my ex.

Toyota's are overrated.

DOOM
01-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Fail!!!!!!!

TFB
01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
It's not so much miles, but age. Age is the bigger enemy. Just ask my ex.

Next time marry a younger woman...

Then we can ask you about the age factor...:rolleyes:

tbone
01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Next time marry a younger woman...

Then we can ask you about the age factor...:rolleyes:

I already did. The most wonderful woman in the world. And the sexiest.:banana:

TFB
01-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I already did. The most wonderful woman in the world. And the sexiest.:banana:

Smart man, I moved up eight model years when I traded...

SpartaPerformance
01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Turdyota!! I use the same expression when customers ask for my opinion on what to buy next, I love when Turdyota owners are around and they hear it, the look on their faces is priceless. :D

Joe Walsh
01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Turdyota!! I use the same expression when customers ask for my opinion on what to buy next, I love when Turdyota owners are around and they hear it, the look on their faces is priceless. :D

Yep!
Turdyota owners are so brainwashed...or just plain oblivious, that they are startled when someone actually states that they own a POS.
They are so used to talking down to FORD owners....
I love to remind them of Toyota's never ending recalls and that FORD is now rated way higher than their Turdyota for quality and owner satisfaction!
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&story=iqsBrand&subject=iqs

EMAS
01-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Yep!
Turdyota owners are so brainwashed...or just plain oblivious, that they are startled when someone actually states that they own a POS.
They are so used to talking down to FORD owners....
I love to remind them of Toyota's never ending recalls and that FORD is now rated way higher than their Turdyota for quality and owner satisfaction!
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&story=iqsBrand&subject=iqs

Don't forget higher resale value too. Not to mention lower cost of ownership due to lower repair, maintenance, and insurance costs.

Commodore Crap
01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
HAHAHA. I love it.

-ryan s.