PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my ...

Go2GuyFL
02-01-2011, 06:57 AM
... neoprene Mercury binder which included the Owner's Manual and other items including card with key code to door for the black car.

My wife sent me text as she was leaving for work the rear window of the truck was open and the tailgate down. As I was checking to see all was there, I noticed the doors of the black Marauder open. Everything from the glove compartment strewn on the seats and the visors down.

Guess they were just looking for cash as they left the GPS unit, radar detector, tools, and other stuff alone. Going to call local sheriff's office now to make a report.

CBT
02-01-2011, 07:00 AM
That sucks. Good thing she didn't interupt them I guess, it might have been worse. I hate thieves and liars. Thieves worse. No, liars.

martyo
02-01-2011, 07:07 AM
That really sucks.

gdmjoe
02-01-2011, 07:42 AM
The General Lee's been violated ? That just t'ain't right http://www.gdmjoe.com/nonono.gif

Go2GuyFL
02-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Either the car or I will need therapy for sure! I've never felt so vulnerable. Also, I pity the fools had my wife came out to find them in the driveway. They wouldn't have made it to the street.

GAMike
02-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Sorry to hear about this Mark. :mad:

Guns, drugs & money..... The primary reasons for this crime nowadays.... Used to be money, car stereos, radar detectors and cameras......

Bluerauder
02-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Either the car or I will need therapy for sure! I've never felt so vulnerable. Also, I pity the fools had my wife came out to find them in the driveway. They wouldn't have made it to the street.

Sorry to hear about your vehicles being broken into. Understand exactly how you feel. :( I have NO sympathy for these dirtbags.

Blk Mamba
02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
It's winter, Fla. is warm, all the homeless migrated.

sailsmen
02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68467
See this thread for access to Marauder Docs;

Pops
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I have a set if you need them. PM for details.

John

fastblackmerc
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the break in. :shake::shake:

Go2GuyFL
02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Sheriff's deputies said it was a group of kids running around at night checking unlocked vehicles. Several neighbors called-in with same complaint. Apparently they take cash, loose change, anything they can smoke, etc. Will definitely be more vigilant in the future. Looks like we'll be starting a Neighborhood Watch program soon, too.

Thanks for all the kindness demonstrated here.

Bluerauder
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Sheriff's deputies said it was a group of kids running around at night checking unlocked vehicles. Several neighbors called-in with same complaint. Apparently they take cash, loose change, anything they can smoke, etc. Will definitely be more vigilant in the future. Looks like we'll be starting a Neighborhood Watch program soon, too.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident that won't recur. We had something similar happen just before Christmas several years ago. Every car in the neighborhood that was left unlocked was ransacked for CDs, loose change, and miscellaneous items. Cars that were locked resulted in damage to the home. Since I always lock the car, I was greeted by Christmas decorations scattered all over the lawn. A couple people had flag poles and other items snampped off. Little bastiges. :mad: I felt violated for more than a week; but it soon passed. No similar incident ever since.

Mr. Man
02-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I let the next door neighbors kid know when he moved in that if anything happpens to my stuff I'm coming after him. He is the nicest kid and offers to help shovel my driveway everytime it snows.

I always lock the doors.

DOOM
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

Change your door code just in case.

fastblackmerc
02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

Change your door code just in case.

That won't change a thing. The factory code , which the thieves have, is always in the control module. When you change a code all you are doing is adding another code. i think you can add up to 3 different codes in addition to the factory code.

sailsmen
02-01-2011, 04:27 PM

It maybe a "game" a/k/a a criminal treasure hunt. They meet up afterwards and who ever has the most stuff gets to keep it all. They were doing it near here but only unlocked, apparently part of their rules. The police caught the idiots when they all met in a parking lot after curfew.

Anything like that happens here and an email blast goes out to every house. It stops, maybe parents have an idea it maybe their kid is my guess. Sometimes the items are anonomously returned the next day.

JOEMERC
02-01-2011, 05:29 PM
dang geeks,put sticker on car window that says guarded by smith and wesson or violators will be shot on sight .well at least they didnt damage anything in car ,could of been worse i guess.

TFB
02-01-2011, 10:36 PM
That won't change a thing. The factory code , which the thieves have, is always in the control module. When you change a code all you are doing is adding another code. i think you can add up to 3 different codes in addition to the factory code.

Yep, I don't know if the factory code can be reprogrammed by a dealer or not(don't think so), I'd replace the receiver module in the drivers door...

fastblackmerc
02-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Yep, I don't know if the factory code can be reprogrammed by a dealer or not(don't think so), I'd replace the receiver module in the drivers door...

Can't not be reprogrammed , need a new module.

En4cer71
02-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Seems like a trend. Happens here all the time. No more prying or breaking windows. I'm amazed at how many people leave their doors unlocked in Miami.

TFB
02-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Can't not be reprogrammed , need a new module.
Didn't think so...

It could be changed on the keyless modules in the late '80s(not by a dealer though)... Those used jumper wires on the PCB to set the code, I reprogrammed one just to see if it could be done and yep it changed...

Big Black Beast
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
That sucks. The bastards need a good beating...
Maybe just have the keypad removed completely...hole would have to be filled...

Go2GuyFL
02-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Good news!

My neighbor found my neoprene Mercury binder complete with owner's manual, key code card, and registration. She was out walking the dog and saw it laying near one of our neighborhood fire hydrants. We live one street over from where the power lines run. Since there's lots of trees, we believe a bunch of degenerates hang out.

We're also very close to a new high school. Another neighbor reported the police finding backpacks with student ID cards awhile back for a different call.

We'll definitely be more watchful and ensure the cars are locked at all times.

JOEMERC
02-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Note : Do not leave binder in car or registration,license in glove box or someone will have all this info on you or about your car. My .02 . And if you park car outside all the the time install wheel locks ,most dont that was first thing i did. Other people love our wheels as much as us....

Horsepower
02-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Its a shame this happened to you bro. I hope the PD catches those :censor:. I hate that ppl work for there items to have some lammo decides to violate. :mad2:

steve fox
02-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I thought all 04 MM were 300A? How do you have a 300B?

Bluerauder
02-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I thought all 04 MM were 300A? How do you have a 300B?

PRR NRG - Go2GalFL@att.net
2004 Mercury Marauder 300B - Born 06/25/2004 : Adopted 12/26/2009 - #3206of 3214 Built / #993 of 997 Silver Birch/Light Flint
Silver Birch Society Member

Nice catch Steve.

Yep, Go2GalFL has a 300A 'cause its a 2004 MM ..... only one production type made in '04 so its a 300A ...... of course, it has all the same features of the '03 MM 300B. That's just the way it works. I think most '04 members don't even mention the A-B thing.

Go2GuyFL
02-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks for schooling me on the 300A/300B difference. I didn't realize it was only to discern 2003 models. My signature is now "in compliance".