PDA

View Full Version : Marooned

Vortex
02-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Was just outside, temperature is 20 degrees, wind howling with gusts up to 35 mph and the ice my sloped driveway is at least an inch thick solid. Looks like Im not going anywhere for a couple of days. Yankees will probably laugh but its damn cold for Dallas!

CBT
02-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Was just outside, temperature is 20 degrees, wind howling with gusts up to 35 mph and the ice my sloped driveway is at least an inch thick solid. Looks like Im not going anywhere for a couple of days. Yankees will probably laugh but its damn cold for Dallas!

Superbowl cancelled, I can see it now!

guspech750
02-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Too bad it's a closed stadium. A snowy cold Superbowl would have been great.

tbone
02-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Good. :puke:

martyo
02-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Crazy stuff!!!

2012 is coming!!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Too bad it's a closed stadium. A snowy cold Superbowl would have been great.

Yeah, football played the way it should be played.

Outside.

In the snow.

In the cold.

That's what I'm talkin' about! :banana2:

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YMmONyEOGCU/S_3LSat8yeI/AAAAAAAAA3k/0tgTY3gqYj4/s1600/football-game-in-the-snow-at-lambeau-field-in-green-bay-77bf38edd9106c48.jpg&sa=X&ei=REFITaLiBMH78AbAhrmvBg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4BA&usg=AFQjCNHiKB2vAIEpTqjpg4qbD_ B_lWUSHQ

Pops
02-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Boy I just had a cold CHILL seeing that!

SC Cheesehead
02-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Boy I just had a cold CHILL seeing that!

One of the few things I still enjoy doing in the snow...

CBT
02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
That is a pretty cool pic. You know what time it was when that was taken? Beer-frickin-thirty! :beer:

Outside.

In the snow.

In the cold.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YMmONyEOGCU/S_3LSat8yeI/AAAAAAAAA3k/0tgTY3gqYj4/s1600/football-game-in-the-snow-at-lambeau-field-in-green-bay-77bf38edd9106c48.jpg&sa=X&ei=REFITaLiBMH78AbAhrmvBg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4BA&usg=AFQjCNHiKB2vAIEpTqjpg4qbD_ B_lWUSHQ

SID210SA
02-01-2011, 10:45 AM
What a difference a couple of days makes: on Sunday we hit 81, Yesterday we hit 78. And now that the front blew threw and dumped some rain....it started out at 44 this morning and 32 just about 30 minutes ago....high of 36 today and tonight a low of 20.....just a bit chilly around these parts!!

CBT
02-01-2011, 10:58 AM
high of 36 today and tonight a low of 20.....just a bit chilly around these parts!!

Welcome to my world!

MrBluGruv
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Did you see the massive shut-down of I35 Mike?

Lemme tell ya how glad I am to be going to work on I10 instead of 35. :P

LIGHTNIN1
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Time to get out the bearskin coats in Texas and Oklahoma. Just heard that every major road in and out of here is closed.

SID210SA
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah Chris,

That was a big mess....two 18 wheelers jackknifed and a light pole down on the highway....glad I dont live in that area anymore....that always seems to be the corridoor for disaster.

CBT
02-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Time to get out the bearskin coats in Texas and Oklahoma. Just heard that every major road in and out of here is closed.
Daaaaaaaaamn!

SID210SA
02-01-2011, 12:00 PM

My Dad lives in OKC and he sent me a pic this morning....18" snow drift and -18 windchill......said a normal 20 min. drive home took 1.5 hours.

guspech750
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Sh!!!t is crazy over here. An inch of snow, dusting and vacuming.

vkirkend
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM

WHAT!!!!!!:eek::bigcry::awe:

Dragcity
02-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Snow, what snow. My F-350 Turbo Diesel could care less.

SC Cheesehead
02-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Snow, what snow. My F-350 Turbo Diesel could care less.

Yup.

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:53yjig2Mz52H5M::m edia.motortopia.com/files/14072/group/48a5e16db6f47/tn_xlarge_Built_Ford_Tough_log o.jpg&t=1&h=196&w=186&usg=__yRtq-DFbFzNUezrm-Oaahz8XByE= (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.motortopia.com/files/14072/group/48a5e16db6f47/tn_xlarge_Built_Ford_Tough_log o.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.coolchaser.com/graphics/tag/built%2520ford%2520tough/1&h=287&w=273&sz=36&tbnid=53yjig2Mz52H5M:&tbnh=229&tbnw=218&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbuilt%2Bford%2Bto ugh%2Blogo&zoom=1&q=built+ford+tough+logo&hl=en&usg=__tzgtenaLzMjok76H5jtUb_NM ppA=&sa=X&ei=VGVITdH_FIHK9ASel83JBQ&ved=0CCAQ9QEwAA)

Dragcity
02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Big Bertha scared the crap outta me a few weeks ago though... It just quit! Engine just stopped.????? I coasted to the road side and tried to restart. No luck. Plenty of battery, plenty of fuel, no air obstuction.....

Took me afew minutes to collect my thoughts as I was on the interloop in Rochester during evening rush hour in heavy snow.

Found fuse #105 (30 Amp) blown. Injector Driver Module. Pulled the tow light fuse (30 Amp) and swapped it in. Truck started right up and has not had an issue since...

WTF? I was surprised a fuse would totally disable the truck..

If that's the worse, I'll take it.

When it warms up a bit (in June) I will try to find the cause of that.....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2010-07-21_18-10-31_531.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
2002 F-350 Lariat Diesel - 192,000 miles

omarauder
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
:thinker: must be gobal warming .... :rolleyes:

fastblackmerc
02-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Was just in Dallas / Irving all of last week..... glad I got out in time!

fastblackmerc
02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Big Bertha scared the crap outta me a few weeks ago though... It just quit! Engine just stopped.????? I coasted to the road side and tried to restart. No luck. Plenty of battery, plenty of fuel, no air obstuction.....

Took me afew minutes to collect my thoughts as I was on the interloop in Rochester during evening rush hour in heavy snow.

Found fuse #105 (30 Amp) blown. Injector Driver Module. Pulled the tow light fuse (30 Amp) and swapped it in. Truck started right up and has not had an issue since...

WTF? I was surprised a fuse would totally disable the truck..

If that's the worse, I'll take it.

When it warms up a bit (in June) I will try to find the cause of that.....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2010-07-21_18-10-31_531.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
2002 F-350 Lariat Diesel - 192,000 miles

I'd be carrying a handful of spare fuses!

Dragcity
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
30's, 40's AND 50's baby!

Bigdogjim
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Well this Yankee will not make fun of your weather because it sucks no matter where it hits:eek:

My area is getting almost 1" of ice tonight:argue::argue:

SC Cheesehead
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Well this Yankee will not make fun of your weather because it sucks no matter where it hits:eek:

My area is getting almost 1" of ice tonight:argue::argue:

^^^^^^ True, that! ^^^^^^

Way I figure, if you're still dealing with it, you ain't far enough South... :sunshine:

Vortex
02-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I can live with snow, in fact I like it. I can deal with the cold up to a point (that point being problems associated with my Texas standards house). The problem is the 1" thick sheet of ice covering everything including my driveway, the street ect... Doesnt matter what you drive, unless you are running chains you arent going anywhere. It will be gone soon though and in another 6 months it will be 110 degrees. Ah Texas.

SC Cheesehead
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I can live with snow, in fact I like it. I can deal with the cold up to a point (that point being problems associated with my Texas standards house). The problem is the 1" thick sheet of ice covering everything including my driveway, the street ect... Doesnt matter what you drive, unless you are running chains you arent going anywhere. It will be gone soon though and in another 6 months it will be 110 degrees. Ah Texas.

I hear you on the ice. That's normally what we get in Greenville, and it'll shut us right down. Good thing is that it only lasts for a couple days, and then it's gone.

Best to just curl up somewhere warm and ride it out. You still have power, or did the storm knock it out?

scruff
02-01-2011, 03:59 PM
that storm is packing quite a punch for tonight it will have made its way into southern ontario were are currently under a blizzard warning with possible 2 ft of snow over the next 2 days thanks ya,ll down south lol

SID210SA
02-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Weird.....I went to work and the better half called me and said the power was out....then found out the entire state of Texas is having rolling brown outs to conserve power.....15-20 minutes of no power suppossedly. Hope I dont loose it at work.....dont have anything to keep me warm here if the power goes out and its 20* outside and feels like 5 with the windchill. Luckily no moisture to speak of yet.

LIGHTNIN1
02-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Weird.....I went to work and the better half called me and said the power was out....then found out the entire state of Texas is having rolling brown outs to conserve power.....15-20 minutes of no power suppossedly. Hope I dont loose it at work.....dont have anything to keep me warm here if the power goes out and its 20* outside and feels like 5 with the windchill. Luckily no moisture to speak of yet.

Maybe that power will stay on. Doesn't look like the temperature is going our way for a while.

dakslim
02-02-2011, 07:06 AM
This just in...Punxatawny Phil says early spring!!!;)

SC Cheesehead
02-02-2011, 07:11 AM
This just in...Punxatawny Phil says early spring!!!;)

You're up early this morning. BTW, ^^^^^ is he any relation to you? ^^^^

dakslim
02-02-2011, 07:13 AM
You're up early this morning. BTW, ^^^^^ is he any relation to you? ^^^^

Third cousin, twice removed.;)

Vortex
02-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome to Dallas Superbowl fans! Its 11 gosh-darn degrees outside right now and the high is expected to be 12!!! That makes it 5 degrees colder than Green Bay and 25 degrees colder than Pittsburg today!

Dragcity
02-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Who'd a thunk it? We only got about 8 inches of snow here in Buffalo. Weird thing is, it was raining at 6:45 this morning........ and it was 18 degrees F.?

Bigdogjim
02-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Welcome to Dallas Superbowl fans! Its 11 gosh-darn degrees outside right now and the high is expected to be 12!!! That makes it 5 degrees colder than Green Bay and 25 degrees colder than Pittsburg today!

Ok now open the dome and lets play football the way God intended the game to be played :up:

SID210SA
02-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Cool....Snow is Coming to South Central Texas tonight......only about an inch is forcast for our area but it has been 25 years since we had any significant snow around these parts. Way back in 1985 we had 13 snowy inches. No snow coverd pics of the Marauder here.....she is in the Garage with her blanket over her.

CBT
02-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Texas getting smacked! It is not a state I think of when someone mentions getting snowed in, when I think of Texas I think of heat. I've only been there once tho and it was summer. No one has snow pics?

SC Cheesehead
02-03-2011, 07:27 AM

Durn Global Warming.... :mad2:

Ok now open the dome and lets play football the way God intended the game to be played :up:

Here! Here! :up:

duhtroll
02-03-2011, 07:54 AM
and on THIS, we agree!

Outside.

In the snow.

In the cold.

Vortex
02-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Texas getting smacked! It is not a state I think of when someone mentions getting snowed in, when I think of Texas I think of heat. I've only been there once tho and it was summer. No one has snow pics?

Texas has strange weather, not too bad, but strange. In the winter, it can be colder than most of the northeast but we dont get the snow like that. What is kicking our butts right now is the ice. Since we got that ice storm a few days back its been cloudy and below 20 degrees so none of it has melted. Also, they dont use road salt here, just sand and some chemical stuff for the bridges. I have to add these cold spells here dont last more than a week usually then it will get nice out again with highs in the 50s or so. I think it was 70 something here in Dallas last weekend.
In the late spring is our big problem here, "storm season". This is usually not an issue for cities like Austin, San Antonio or even Houston but for the panhandle and North Texas (Dallas) we can get bad bad storms with tornadoes. (Quick note: "North Texas" is not the Panhandle, it is actually northeast Texas) Dallas is the biggest city in "Tornado Alley". Summers here in August and September are brutaly hot, it can go several weeks straight with temps over 100 degrees and it isnt the dry hot of Arizona either. All that considered, most of the time the weather here is nice, there is no state income tax and you can buy a new 2500 sq ft house in a nice neighborhood for less than 200k. (looks like the combo of coffee and cabin fever has kicked in :) )

CBT
02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Texas has strange weather, not too bad, but strange. In the winter, it can be colder than most of the northeast but we dont get the snow like that. What is kicking our butts right now is the ice. Since we got that ice storm a few days back its been cloudy and below 20 degrees so none of it has melted. Also, they dont use road salt here, just sand and some chemical stuff for the bridges. I have to add these cold spells here dont last more than a week usually then it will get nice out again with highs in the 50s or so. I think it was 70 something here in Dallas last weekend.
In the late spring is our big problem here, "storm season". This is usually not an issue for cities like Austin, San Antonio or even Houston but for the panhandle and North Texas (Dallas) we can get bad bad storms with tornadoes. (Quick note: "North Texas" is not the Panhandle, it is actually northeast Texas) Dallas is the biggest city in "Tornado Alley". Summers here in August and September are brutaly hot, it can go several weeks straight with temps over 100 degrees and it isnt the dry hot of Arizona either. All that considered, most of the time the weather here is nice, there is no state income tax and you can buy a new 2500 sq ft house in a nice neighborhood for less than 200k. (looks like the combo of coffee and cabin fever has kicked in :) )
I don't want to be anywhere near tornado alley, at least here when we get a hurricane we get a couple days notice. Everything here is overpriced, tho just because of being close to the ocean.

YankeeMarauder
02-03-2011, 03:35 PM

This yankees in Ft Worth....

Not so funny no....

Ice aint fun. Period. Stuck 4 times, spun out twice.

Vortex
02-03-2011, 09:21 PM
And now we are getting more snow tonight. I bet those folks that came here for the superbowl had visions of poolside parties and shortsleeve shirts here in sunny ole Texas.

SID210SA
02-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Well we got some snow early this morning.....I was still able to make it to work even though they shut down the entire hwy system here if there is anything white that falls fro the sky. Wasnt too bad, only got about 1/4 inch in my area. It was a fun drive this morning though....I would post pics but this system doesnt upload my cell phone pics. I will take some vid and post it to youtube before it all melts away.

Mike

Vortex
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
They said to expect a light dusting, we got half a foot of snow! Damn strange weather for Dallas, thats for sure.