PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong??

JBeezy
02-03-2011, 09:29 PM
For not wanting to drive the MM in the rain tomorrow? I'm going out of town for the weekend and it's a 100% chance of rain tomorrow and I'm leaving straight from work. I can drive my work car, but really don't want to. I'm really torn about this and can't make up my mind

I can drive my wifes Yukon but she would want to drive the MM while I'm gone. Don't mind her driving it except for the fact that she has to drive it in the rain to work tomorrow as well.

Opinions please....

The original owner never drove it in the rain. The 2nd owner says he never drove it in the rain and neither have I. I think I'm going crazy over here, lol

tbone
02-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Unless your undercarriage is detailed like a car on the Discovery Channel, it has 3 miles and a sticker on the window, DRIVE the mfckr!

fastblackmerc
02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Grow a pair and drive it in the rain...............

kmastl
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Worried about driving it in the rain?
Mine has been stuck outside and driven on salt molested roads for the last month, it's just too fun to not drive.

MOTOWN
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
take the work car, i always worry about some uninsured driver slamming into it in the rain , besides its freezing cold out.

justbob
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Is this a real question? Get help NOW.

JBeezy
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM

Lol!!! Well I guess I have to. 1st time for everything. I love the comfort on the highway.

I guess my next worry is someone stealing it in Atlanta, ga.

I got it bad!!!

Mr. Man
02-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Put the wear and tear on the work car. Save the MM for those fun country drives on the B roads.

CBT
02-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Lol!!! Well I guess I have to. 1st time for everything. I love the comfort on the highway.

I guess my next worry is someone stealing it in Atlanta, ga.

I got it bad!!!

Throw lock lugs on it and drive it. Besides, if you are going to the ATL you can meet up with other Marauders.:beer:

SC Cheesehead
02-04-2011, 05:11 AM
I drive mine daily, but fortunately don't have to worry about nasty stuff like road salt. The cars were meant to drive, so drive 'em.

Blk Mamba
02-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Where's that picture of all of them sitting outside in the rain?

Paul T. Casey
02-04-2011, 05:47 AM
If the bottom side gets dirty, you can always wash it.* I do as a regular part of maintainence.

*I guess this is where someone would insert the old "That's what she said" line.

Egon Spengler
02-04-2011, 06:19 AM
My answer is below....
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs795.ash1/168497_10150153783847926_56293 2925_8288790_6758834_n.jpg

Blackened300a
02-04-2011, 06:37 AM
I've been stuck in the rain numerous times at Carlisle right after detailing the car for hours. I say drive it, its rain not ice and snow.

JBeezy
02-04-2011, 07:06 AM
I decided to go ahead. It's just rain as someone said. I cruised it on in to work at 65 mph. I never turned the wipers on cause the wax on the windshield took care of the water. I love it!!!

To my surprise, she's still clean, just wet

guspech750
02-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Drive it. It's just a car. I bought mine to drive everyday.

CBT
02-04-2011, 07:36 AM
My Marauder is an all weather fighter/bomber. I'm either attacking other vehicles or delivering the goods. It doesn't stay in the hanger.

Mac-MerC
02-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Why would u be worried about it getting stolen while u are in Atlanta?....... ppl steal cars everywhere. U need to be worried about ur next door neighbor... that's the person who is scopeing u out

JBeezy
02-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Why would u be worried about it getting stolen while u are in Atlanta?....... ppl steal cars everywhere. U need to be worried about ur next door neighbor... that's the person who is scopeing u out

I keep it locked in my shop and my shop has a alarm. My buddies have had their cars stolen in Atlanta in broad day light

I'm happy I decided to drive it. Can't wait to get off

Fosters
02-04-2011, 08:13 AM

:werd: JBeezy, that kind of mentality will make you end up like me, with 4 cars and no parking spaces... :alone:

ctrlraven
02-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Its unlikely that you will be able to avoid driving in the rain with the MM indefinitely.

Unless you're DOOM. :lol:

JBeezy
02-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Well I have a shop where my mustang and the MM rest. My house garage is filled with my work car and my wifes Yukon. So I already don't have any other place to park anything except outside, lol.

I promised myself I wouldn't be this way about this car when I bought it. Now look what happened

jflave
02-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Hide the keys & take the work car. :)

Fosters
02-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Well I have a shop where my mustang and the MM rest. My house garage is filled with my work car and my wifes Yukon. So I already don't have any other place to park anything except outside, lol.

I promised myself I wouldn't be this way about this car when I bought it. Now look what happened

Time to call Hertz and rent a mustang :o

Kodimar
02-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Spend 5-6 thousand and buy a Focus as a beater if you are that worried about it. Sure the Focus is ugly as heck but it's a great commuter car.

RR|Suki
02-04-2011, 10:23 AM
it's just a car, and it's not even that great of a car, drive the poor thing. I suppose if you really wanna have it till the day you die then by all means keep it locked up. I'm only on year 6 and I'm already tired of mine.

Mr. Man
02-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Unless you're DOOM. :lol:
Doomie got caught in the rain for hours 2 Kentucky's ago. When he finally got there his car was filthy and like the friends we are we laugh at him:D

tbone
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I keep it locked in my shop and my shop has a alarm. My buddies have had their cars stolen in Atlanta in broad day light

I'm happy I decided to drive it. Can't wait to get off

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

JOEMERC
02-04-2011, 05:29 PM
wow i got mad about detailing my car on sunday and then backing out of my garage on monday and its raining out. I hate having to drive it in snow,salt and the potholes.hearing the salt kick up on the car makes me cringe.if car never has to see rain it should be in a museum.

PonyUP
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Alright, there is nothing prettier, then a freashly washed Black Car. That having been said, if you don't take the time to enjoy it, why even drive it. I get not wanting to drive it in the rain, I don't bring the Mustang out unless it's bright shiny days. But for me thats an easy decision to make because my second car is a Marauder. If I was feeling the itch to drive the Stang, then rain or shine, she's coming out. But because I won't park it next to anybody, and I park far away to avoid door dings, it kind of sucks in the rain, but I'd still drive it.

As far as fear about being stolen in Atlanta, look cars get stolen all over the world. I have lived in the one of the worst states (Arizona) and I wouldn't let it stop me from driving it, that's what insurance is for.

Live, if we spend our lives worrying about what could happen, we'll forget about what is happening. :beer: