PDA

View Full Version : BLOWN Challengers

DOOM
02-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Blown mopars running 12's with a vortech & gears :flamer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGK9F-ByZso&feature=channel

guspech750
02-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Those are nice. Love the Challenger. And seam as fast as a typical Trilogy MM.

Blackened300a
02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
So they run low 13s without the blower, add the blower and gears and they knock less then a second off. :confused: :shake:

DOOM
02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Those are nice. Love the Challenger. And seam as fast as a typical Trilogy MM.

Trilogy MM has 4.6 motor

Challenger has 6.1 motor

Thats my point!

tbone
02-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I would love to see a Challenger and a Marauder head to head. People would have even more respect for our cars.

tbone
02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
So they run low 13s without the blower, add the blower and gears and they knock less then a second off. :confused: :shake:

I was thinking the same thing.

breeze
02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
motor size doesnt mean nothing... went to a car show S/C'd magnum srt 8 ran 10s S/C'd rt charger runs 11's

guspech750
02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Trilogy MM has 4.6 motor

Challenger has 6.1 motor

Thats my point!I know. Knew what you where getting at. My guess is drive error, and a low PSI for the S/C and possibly a weak drive line perhaps. I would think it should run faster but nice rides non the less.

justbob
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I would love to see a Challenger and a Marauder head to head. People would have even more respect for our cars.
Where were you last summer at the corner of 38 and Winfield RD?:D

tbone
02-05-2011, 11:23 AM

Was it epic?

DOOM
02-05-2011, 11:24 AM
My marauder ran 12.2 with ONLY the blower. Stock manifolds stock motor and stock gears with USED BALD nittos. And i was spinning with a 1.70 60ft.

DOOM
02-05-2011, 11:50 AM

LMAO!!! @ biscuits. :lol: :laugh: :rofl: :drink:

Give em' hell son! :shot:

Mr. Man
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Doesn't make sense. 12's seems slow. Both their reaction times were glacial. I think even Van Winkle has better reaction times:D

DOOM
02-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Doesn't make sense. 12's seems slow. Maybe those gabronies were racing the 3.7l :dunno:

No my friend they were SRT/8's.

One ran 12.3 & the other ran 12.7

I agree that 12's are slow but the driver said he was PLEASED with the results and the gears in the car.

LANDY
02-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I wonder what the rwhp is on those cars. They should've at least trapped higher speeds.

RR|Suki
02-05-2011, 12:52 PM
The challengers look so much better than our cars, too bad they are so slow and still expensive. :(

DOOM
02-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Check out this WORKED & BLOWN challenger SRT/8 running 12.5 in the quarter mile. Making 454RWHP & 429RWTQ! What a joke!

Coming in last place to the mustang and challenger. :shake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskMEV0Z4Ys&feature=channel

FAIL!!!

Bradley G
02-05-2011, 01:05 PM
I ran one at Byron a while ago, Me = 13.2 vs. 13.3 I don't think the Mopar was broken in yet.

ImpalaSlayer
02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
The challengers look so much better than our cars, too bad they are so slow and still expensive. :(

you forgot the fact that they are still selling challengers as well unlike our fail boats

RR|Suki
02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Check out this WORKED & BLOWN challenger SRT/8 running 12.5 in the quarter mile. Making 454RWHP & 429RWTQ! What a joke!

Coming in last place to the mustang and challenger. :shake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskMEV0Z4Ys&feature=channel

FAIL!!!

Objectively, that's pretty silly. If they built the car to make X power, then that's what it is, that really has nothing to do with what could actually be done with the car.
Second point, motor trend sucks at every thing they do. They had my car for 2 weeks and ran a 13.5. My first night with it at the track I ran a 12.9 in it... just saying

RR|Suki
02-05-2011, 01:16 PM
you forgot the fact that they are still selling challengers as well unlike our fail boats

:lol: true statement

DOOM
02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Objectively, that's pretty silly. If they built the car to make X power, then that's what it is, that really has nothing to do with what could actually be done with the car.
Second point, motor trend sucks at every thing they do. They had my car for 2 weeks and ran a 13.5. My first night with it at the track I ran a 12.9 in it... just saying

Referring to the dyno numbers bro.
Vortec SRT/8 making 454RWHP & 429RWTQ to the wheels.
And motortrend wasn't operating the dyno machine. ;)

justbob
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Was it epic?
The actions of others has resulted in me not being able to tell you on here. Sorry.

My marauder ran 12.2 with ONLY the blower. Stock manifolds stock motor and stock gears with USED BALD nittos. And i was spinning with a 1.70 60ft.
Near identical results.

I ran one at Byron a while ago, Me = 13.2 vs. 13.3 I don't think the Mopar was broken in yet.
Black charger with black aftermarket rims by chance?? LOL He passed me like no tomorrow 5 miles away from arriving at Byron last year and got BUSTED by the popo!!! HAD to be truckin well into the 90's.

Whats funnier you ask? I approached him later that day at the waiting lanes and asked what his times were. He was very happy to report 13.3 or 13.2 or something... I responded "that's not bad:P" He asked about mine (back in the 12.9's days) I was like "Eh, I can't seem to get past 12.80, I hate being that slow, wait.... what did you run again?:D"

I'll NEVER forget his expression!

RR|Suki
02-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Referring to the dyno numbers bro.
Vortec SRT/8 making 454RWHP & 429RWTQ to the wheels.
And motortrend wasn't operating the dyno machine. ;)

I don't know what you're responding to, in the first part of my statement I point out that if they built the car to make X power then that's that. They built it to make 450 such is life, not enough for a big car like that, but that's what they are charging people for, a challenger that makes 450whp. I don't see it as any indication as to the car's limits... seeing as there are other tuners making more power on the same motor with the other SRT8 cars/truck :confused:

Where as my second statement was just a general "Motor Trend sucks." :D

SC Cheesehead
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Come on down to th Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout in the fall and watch Marauders and Wimpalas routinely kick butt on the Mopars... ;)

ctrlraven
02-05-2011, 02:04 PM
motor size doesnt mean nothing... went to a car show S/C'd magnum srt 8 ran 10s S/C'd rt charger runs 11's
Actually it can if everything is on point and you went to a car show or a drag strip and watched the cars?

These two Challengers are not on point cause there are 426 stroker hemi cars running 11's all motor wise.

There are plenty of high powered cars that aren't running the times they should be. For example is the Toyota Supra, there are some that would rape you so fast you'd never even know and then there are 700-1200hp cars that run 11's and 12's when others run 8's or 9's.

LANDY
02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Actually it can if everything is on point and you went to a car show or a drag strip and watched the cars?

These two Challengers are not on point cause there are 426 stroker hemi cars running 11's all motor wise.

There are plenty of high powered cars that aren't running the times they should be. For example is the Toyota Supra, there are some that would rape you so fast you'd never even know and then there are 700-1200hp cars that run 11's and 12's when others run 8's or 9's. true statement, looking at the 60' on those cars says alot.

Bradley G
02-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Black charger with black aftermarket rims by chance?? LOL He passed me like no tomorrow 5 miles away from arriving at Byron last year and got BUSTED by the popo!!! HAD to be truckin well into the 90's.

Whats funnier you ask? I approached him later that day at the waiting lanes and asked what his times were. He was very happy to report 13.3 or 13.2 or something... I responded "that's not bad:P" He asked about mine (back in the 12.9's days) I was like "Eh, I can't seem to get past 12.80, I hate being that slow, wait.... what did you run again?:D"

(quote)
It was an orange Srt-8 and the driver was a nice chap!

CameronVic
02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
I liked the guys starter mullet.

Joe Walsh
02-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Apples and Oranges....you are comparing a pony car to a 4 door sedan.
I think that the Marauder is one of THE best looking 4 door sedans ever made.
I also think that the Challenger is the best looking retro-pony car of the "Big 3".

Yep!
Motor Trend always posts the slowest times of any magazine.
They must have Grandma Moses for a test driver!

PonyUP
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry but the new Challenger makes me want to puke :puke:. I don't like the way it looks, especially from the front or back, it just seems like the car should be wider. I think making a pony car weigh that much and then calling it fast (stock mind you) makes me just want to point at my Mustang.

The only comparison you can make between the Marauder and Challenger is that they are both heavy cars.

But no one is suprised to see a Challenger or any two door pony run in the 12's at the track, that's certainly not a phenomenon, but when a Marauder does it?

Priceless, and that my friends is worth the price of admission :beer:

DEFYANT
02-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd show them both my custom tail lights!

RacerX
02-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Trilogy MM has 4.6 motor

Challenger has 6.1 motor

Thats my point!
It's so sad if you look at HP/CID. Their new Camaro is at what, about 1.13 hp/ci???

tbone
02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry but the new Challenger makes me want to puke :puke:. I don't like the way it looks, especially from the front or back, it just seems like the car should be wider. I think making a pony car weigh that much and then calling it fast (stock mind you) makes me just want to point at my Mustang.

The only comparison you can make between the Marauder and Challenger is that they are both heavy cars.

But no one is suprised to see a Challenger or any two door pony run in the 12's at the track, that's certainly not a phenomenon, but when a Marauder does it?

Priceless, and that my friends is worth the price of admission :beer:

I love the front end and profile. But the back looks too high, and the whole car should be lowered a couple inches. The dashboard is generic as well. It looks like it could go in grandpa's car. And typical cheap Chrysler plastics pretty much ruin it.

ctrlraven
02-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Apples and Oranges....you are comparing a pony car to a 4 door sedan.
I think that the Marauder is one of THE best looking 4 door sedans ever made.
I also think that the Challenger is the best looking retro-pony car of the "Big 3".

Yep!
Motor Trend always posts the slowest times of any magazine.
They must have Grandma Moses for a test driver!
I do like the Marauder look very much but the G8, CTS-V Sedan and 300 SRT8 are my other favorites as well.

rayjay
02-05-2011, 09:08 PM

I did. I ate one on the NYS Thruway for a midnight snack right after they 1st came out. I have no idea what was under its hood, but it could not hang with me on three attempts. I just walked away... :D This was well before I had 4.10 gears.

jflave
02-05-2011, 09:15 PM
12.2 with just the SC'er at our weight is quick, do you know what RWHP you were making at the time ?

DOOM
02-06-2011, 01:46 AM
12.2 with just the SC'er at our weight is quick, do you know what RWHP you were making at the time ?

I sure do!
My car was making 425RWHP & 444RWTQ!

boatmangc
02-06-2011, 05:59 AM

SSHS11 my friend!
And Chargers
And Magnums
and Impala SSs
Maybe even a few SUVs!

breeze
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM

There are plenty of high powered cars that aren't running the times they should be. For example is the Toyota Supra, there are some that would rape you so fast you'd never even know and then there are 700-1200hp cars that run 11's and 12's when others run 8's or 9's.

so what you sayin chris? if im not racing im watching! cars shows i dont care too much about em, track is something else! V8 crown vic, V6 accord or 4cyl maxima whos gonna win? not the V8! or 03 281 mach1 vs 94 350 imp ss, mach1 wins! my thing is just because your motor is bigger doesnt mean youll win! weight to hp ratio has a factor aswell as you see.

DOOM
02-08-2011, 04:45 PM
V8 crown vic, V6 accord or 4cyl maxima whos gonna win? not the V8! or 03 281 mach1 vs 94 350 imp ss, mach1 wins!

Depends on the mods on the vehicles.