PDA

View Full Version : Where are you running your iPod cable?

JBeezy
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Seems everyone is running these to the glove box. I'm wondering if anyone is running them elsewhere. I plan on using my iphone4 for some music via Pandora radio just don't want to have to put it in the glove box. Would rather have it close to me. Post pics if you will

MOTOWN
02-07-2011, 04:58 PM
run it under the center console to the cup holder/or arm rest storage

JBeezy
02-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't guess there's any type of opening there that would not require me to do any cutting. That's not an option right now

MOTOWN
02-07-2011, 05:13 PM
you would have to drill a small hole to feed the wires thru

martyo
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Center console.

The iPod stays in there and I never look at it even though I use it everytime I am in the car.

JBeezy
02-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Center console.

The iPod stays in there and I never look at it even though I use it everytime I am in the car.

Pics of the wire in the console please

justbob
02-07-2011, 08:18 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/marauding4life/ipod003.jpg

JBeezy
02-07-2011, 08:33 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/marauding4life/ipod003.jpg

I'll need a larger hole because I'll be running a iPod touch so I can use pandora and it's USB on one side and a little wider on the other side. I guess I'll just run it to the glove box and buy a iPod touch and leave it in there

justbob
02-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Why not just get a rubber grommet? Slit one side to wrap around the wire and call it a day. If you ever get rid of it, just put a grey plastic plug in its place?

JBeezy
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Why not just get a rubber grommet? Slit one side to wrap around the wire and call it a day. If you ever get rid of it, just put a grey plastic plug in its place?

Yes that's what worries me. If I decide to sale it how a buyer would feel about that. I'd think it was cool personally

justbob
02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Who cares what they think? Its only a center counsel.. It's your car, set it up for yourself and have fun with it. You only live once right?

MOTOWN
02-07-2011, 09:16 PM
hope you never do an eaton swap! you would pass out lol

j/k bud

kmastl
02-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I placed a hole in the center consul that is hidden by the 12volt hookup for my equalizer which has 8 channels of preamps rem + and - wires. I think you will be able to find room for a hole to put a usb cable through. If I removed the eq you wouldn't see the hole. If I recall i actually drilled through the plastic assembly of the 12 volt hookup

guspech750
02-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I'll need a larger hole because I'll be running a iPod touch so I can use pandora and it's USB on one side and a little wider on the other side. I guess I'll just run it to the glove box and buy a iPod touch and leave it in there
Just drill a frigg'n hole. I drilled a hole about the size of a RCA jack. Feed it down into the consoul first. Screw the glove box. That's retarded.

fastblackmerc
02-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Just drill a frigg'n hole. I drilled a hole about the size of a RCA jack. Feed it down into the consoul first. Screw the glove box. That's retarded.

Do you have a picture????

:D

JBeezy
02-10-2011, 07:35 AM
I installed the Pioneer 4200DVD last night. Decided for now to just run the iPod cable behind the dash and keep it hidden until I need it. I can deal with that for a while until I come up with something better

guspech750
02-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Do you have a picture????

:Dlooks like justbobs pic. Just a little bit of a bigger hole

^^^thats what she said^^^ :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox

duhtroll
02-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Ipod?

Really?

From the way you guys handle making your cars faster, I would think y'all would know about bluetooth by now.

My droid carries all of the music I listen to - about 12 GB worth or so and I add to it as needed.

I turn bluetooth on when I get in the car, pick a directory and hit "shuffle."

Goes for hours.

That said, when I installed the Pioneer deck, I ran the supplied ipod cable to the glove box in case a passenger wanted to play music. So far, it has gone unused.

JBeezy
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Ipod?

Really?

From the way you guys handle making your cars faster, I would think y'all would know about bluetooth by now.

My droid carries all of the music I listen to - about 12 GB worth or so and I add to it as needed.

I turn bluetooth on when I get in the car, pick a directory and hit "shuffle."

Goes for hours.

That said, when I installed the Pioneer deck, I ran the supplied ipod cable to the glove box in case a passenger wanted to play music. So far, it has gone unused.

Don't think mine has Bluetooth. Plus I don't have much music on my phone stored. I stream from pandora radio. It sounds great as tested last nite. Plus my xm is still on!! The PO must have bout a big subscription because it's been on since I bought the car. He told me just use it till it stops

Mercguy04
02-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Gentleman,
I purchased a ismple iPod and HD radio adaptor for my 08 Cadillac STSV, works like a
charm.
I looked on this web site for Ford products and they may have what you are looking for: http://www.autotoys.com/x/home.php?cat=180
I know when it is time to put am iPod in my MM I will be using me Alpine W505,
for nav, xm, iPod, and HD radio. Check out the site. I am sure you can get the product
you want for less, all you need is the nomenclature for the product you want
Russell