PDA

View Full Version : Gov't: No Electronic Flaws in Toyota

PurdueRifleman
02-10-2011, 09:01 AM
"Pedal Misapplication" God, I love how P.C. our society has become.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/02/08/government-electronic-flaws-toyotas/

Fosters
02-10-2011, 09:26 AM
I still don't think toyotas are capable of "sudden acceleration". I spent tens of thousands of dollars to make my mustang do that and it's still not all that sudden... :D

Pops
02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
I still don't think toyotas are capable of "sudden acceleration". I spent tens of thousands of dollars to make my mustang do that and it's still not all that sudden... :D

You must have went to the same place as me! Great statement!!!!!!:)

RF Overlord
02-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Toyota began installing brake override systems on new vehicles. The systems automatically cut the throttle when the brake and gas pedals are applied at the same time.I guess this means my brother-in-law won't be able to do brakestands in his Corolla anymore...

Joe Walsh
02-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm still not buying that load of :bs:

First it was shifty floor mats....
now it's "misapplied pedals"....:rolleyes:

Toyota seems to have covered their tracks well in this mess.
This report won't stop the lonnnnnng lines of lawyers that are salivating over Toyota's woes.

Vortex
02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
If youve got big feet or wide shoes its pretty damn easy to hit both the brake and gas pedal, Ive done it alot of times. They are sure smaller than the cars I remember in the 70's and earlier. I doubt there was any electronic glitch.

Krytin
02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm still not buying that load of :bs:

First it was shifty floor mats....
now it's "misapplied pedals"....:rolleyes:

Toyota seems to have covered their tracks well in this mess.
This report won't stop the lonnnnnng lines of lawyers that are salivating over Toyota's woes.
+1 on that!!
Everybody forgets that the techs were also reflashing the engine management chips when the cars were brought in for the recalls. There was a story in the NY Times at the begining of the recalls w/pictures of a tech with a laptop plugged into the diagnostic port while the car was at the dealership for the "floor mat" recall and the story clearly stated that the car's program was being "updated" by Toyota.

Fosters
02-11-2011, 10:26 AM
+1 on that!!
Everybody forgets that the techs were also reflashing the engine management chips when the cars were brought in for the recalls. There was a story in the NY Times at the begining of the recalls w/pictures of a tech with a laptop plugged into the diagnostic port while the car was at the dealership for the "floor mat" recall and the story clearly stated that the car's program was being "updated" by Toyota.

When your floormat has 130 horsepower, you need a laptop to control it.

Krytin
02-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Good one!:lol:

Joe Walsh
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
+1 on that!!

Yep,
I remember reading that Toyota was doing vehicle "software updates" as part of their recall program.......:hmmm:.......... :rolleyes:

justmelanie
02-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Dibs on THOSE floor mats!!!!:D