PDA

View Full Version : Are car movies on a comeback?

Motorhead350
02-11-2011, 04:52 AM
It seems like to me there are more and more car movies coming out. Please correct me if I am wrong. Death Race 2 (horrible) Cars 2, Fast 5, Green Hornet and Drive Angry.

Maybe Green Hornet isn't a car film, but the car plays an important role. Now the point of the thread is asking you guys who have been in the world longer than me.... does it seem like there are more car films now than the past 20 years. I cannot think of much from the 90s, but the 00s have had tons. Fast and Furious series, Death Proof, Redline, Throttle, Death Race, Death Race 2, Transporter series,Faster... 70s and 80s had some goodies, but it seemed to have died down... now it's back... ???

What's your take?

Smalldogg/03mm
02-11-2011, 06:00 AM
I think they should bring back "daze and confused".. That had all the old muscle car in there.... They was a good one.. The car movies r on the rise.. Just think..
Fast bad as- cars
Beautiful women
Making a movie
Priceless.....

CBT
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
The quantity has gone up in direct proportion to the quality going down. I agree with Small, Dazed and Confused was probably the last decent film that featured nice cars from back in the day. As far as chases go, Ronin still holds the #1 spot for me. To Live and Die in L.A. was a great movie with a great chase scene. Actually, from the commercials alone, I told Amy the other night that the new Fast and Furious looked half-way decent just from the cars they were showing.

tbone
02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Best car movie IMO: Smokey and the Bandit. I saw it in the theatre in '77 while in Vancouver. That '77 Trans Am is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

ShadyLurker
02-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I just watched a movie with Will Smith called I am legend. I thought the movie it self SUCKED but the first ten minutes showed him beating on a Mustang Shelby Cobra.

Smalldogg/03mm
02-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Best car movie IMO: Smokey and the Bandit. I saw it in the theatre in '77 while in Vancouver. That '77 Trans Am is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Off subject;: I was born in 75...:).. No harm..? Youngsta :)

guspech750
02-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Does Planes Trains and Automobiles count. Along with National Lampoons Vaction. How about Super Troopers too?