PDA

View Full Version : An offer for my car at 70mph

PonyUP
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
So I am driving on the highway in the Marauder, just sitting back enjoying some tunes and the cruise. A big Chevy Suburban pulls along my passenger side and paces me for a couple of miles. I never look over there thinking maybe I pissed them off and it's just someone yelling.

Then they tuck in behind me, and pull up on my driver's side. Guy has his girl riding shotgun flailing her arms trying to get my attention. She gives me a big thumbs up as does the driver, then shows me a wad of Bills pointing to the car inquiring as to if I would sell it. I shook my head no, gave them a courtesy wave, and then floored it.

They followed for a good 15 miles and the driver eventually gave me a salute as he exited.

Unique way to get an offer

Egon Spengler
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I would have motioned "How much is there?" before I made the sell or don't sell decision!

RacerX
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
You sure he wasn't offering the girl for money???

PonyUP
02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
You sure he wasn't offering the girl for money???
:lol: They were definitely more enthralled with the car than with the driver, but none the less, I woulda hit it

PonyUP
02-11-2011, 03:06 PM
I would have motioned "How much is there?" before I made the sell or don't sell decision!

Probably should have, but I wasn't in the best part of town and didn't want to stop and find out, and it would have taken a lot, not ready to sell yet unless someone wants to overpay by a few grand

fastblackmerc
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Probably should have, but I wasn't in the best part of town and didn't want to stop and find out, and it would have taken a lot, not ready to sell yet unless someone wants to overpay by a few grand

Few grand over?

I also tell whomever wants to buy my Marauder "It's for sale, the price is enough to buy 2!"

PonyUP
02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Few grand over?

I also tell whomever wants to buy Marauder "It's for sale, the price is enough to buy 2!"

Well Said:beer:

guspech750
02-11-2011, 03:37 PM
They followed for a good 15 miles and the driver eventually gave me a salute as he exited.

Not shocked they followed you for 15 miles. You drive a black MM. If you had a DTR. There's no way they could have followed you as you would have been long gone :)

Maybe the girl was the stripper from Kentucky last year trying to give you your change that you blame me for :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox

Mercguy04
02-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Funny bit.

Big Black Beast
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Lol'd at the mental image of you being chased by a guy with wads of bills in each hand!

Smalldogg/03mm
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
So I am driving on the highway in the Marauder, just sitting back enjoying some tunes and the cruise. A big Chevy Suburban pulls along my passenger side and paces me for a couple of miles. I never look over there thinking maybe I pissed them off and it's just someone yelling.

Then they tuck in behind me, and pull up on my driver's side. Guy has his girl riding shotgun flailing her arms trying to get my attention. She gives me a big thumbs up as does the driver, then shows me a wad of Bills pointing to the car inquiring as to if I would sell it. I shook my head no, gave them a courtesy wave, and then floored it.

C !! This is while we r spoiled.. Offers at 70mph got to love that...

DOOM
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Surprised they could keep up at 70mph in the chevy! :lol:

justbob
02-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Sure! I'll stop! NOT.

PonyUP
02-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Not shocked they followed you for 15 miles. You drive a black MM. If you had a DTR. There's no way they could have followed you as you would have been long gone :)

Maybe the girl was the stripper from Kentucky last year trying to give you your change that you blame me for :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox

If I had a DTR, they wouldn't have followed, they would have laughed :lol:

PonyUP
02-11-2011, 08:48 PM
C !! This is while we r spoiled.. Offers at 70mph got to love that...

Definitely why we are spolied. For someone that knows what a Marauder is, there are two kinds of people in this world.

Those that think it's a cop car, and those that desperately want one. For the latter, they want it so much, they make offers while driving just hoping you'll pull over

justbob
02-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Never fails, even COVERED in salt, with black steel rims, I still get mouth dropping compliments from people in the know at minimum twice a month! Don't even get me started about how many after a good wash...:)

TFB
02-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Probably a dozen years ago, I had a similar offer on I-64 from a guy waving money and yelling he wanted to buy my '69 Fairlane Cobra...

justbob
02-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Probably a dozen years ago, I had a similar offer on I-64 from a guy waving money and yelling he wanted to buy my '69 Fairlane Cobra...
"The names George LeBay" LOVE it!:up:

"And don't think about bringing her back. I am selling the sheethole and buying me a condo"

tbone
02-12-2011, 09:12 AM
"How much for your wife and daughters"???
Blues Brothers

TFB
02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
"The names George LeBay" LOVE it!:up:

"And don't think about bringing her back. I am selling the sheethole and buying me a condo"
Thanks Bob,

My favorite was George's line:

"New car, just about the finest smell in the world... 'cept *****"

PonyUP
02-12-2011, 10:08 AM
"How much for your wife and daughters"???
Blues Brothers

You're little girls, sell me your children!:lol:

justbob
02-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Dennis: "Who's Rita?"
George: "His wife!, didn't give a rats azz about her"

Nah, the BEST one liners all belonged to Darnel! Still my fav all time movie...