PDA

View Full Version : shipping a truck bed?

ImpalaSlayer
02-11-2011, 05:51 PM
any clues on how to go about doing this? i need a bed for my hiboy and there isnt anything up here in the rust belt so im trying to find one down south then have it shipped up. how would i go about shipping something so large? i can see spending a up to 500 or so to ship it but much more then that and its getting to be a bit much, any ideas?

Spectragod
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Find a local guy that goes down south to buy truck beds,cabs, doors, etc. And buy one from him.

I would go get it myself, either put it in the bed of what you have now, or take your bed off, bolt it on at the pickup point and drive home......road trip.

F8LBITEva
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
freight companies do it all the time. the junkyard or wherever youre getting it from will have to secure it to pallets and an 18 wheeler with a liftgate can pick it up from them and bring it to you.

ImpalaSlayer
02-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Find a local guy that goes down south to buy truck beds,cabs, doors, etc. And buy one from him.

I would go get it myself, either put it in the bed of what you have now, or take your bed off, bolt it on at the pickup point and drive home......road trip.

i duno if such guy exists around here and i dont have time to go get one my self.

freight companies do it all the time. the junkyard or wherever youre getting it from will have to secure it to pallets and an 18 wheeler with a liftgate can pick it up from them and bring it to you.

any clue on cost?

F8LBITEva
02-11-2011, 06:36 PM
The price would depend on how far it would need to get shipped and how much space it will take in the trailer. Id say between $500-$700

WI Fordguy
02-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I had a hood for an early bronco shipped to WI from CA a few years ago and it cost 200 some bucks. Truck beds weigh a bunch more and take up alot of real estate on the truck so .......

Try calling LMC or equivalent to get a rough idea what they charge to ship a bed.

FordNut
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Take your bed off, keep the bolts, get some trailer lights and mount to your frame. Drive down and get the bed, drop it in place and put a couple of bolts in it until you get home.

69428SCJ
02-11-2011, 09:12 PM
www.uship.com (http://www.uship.com) is your friend ;)

Vortex
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Damn I find it hard to believe you cant find a decent bed for your truck up there. I know there is a rust issue but hell, its a Ford pickup, not a Bugatti. (Dont get me wrong, not saying you havent tried.) I remember seeing lots of salvage yards in Prince George County Maryland just north of DC, have you looked around the DC area?

Blackened300a
02-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Where is the bed located Dave?

ImpalaSlayer
02-12-2011, 08:55 AM
www.uship.com (http://www.uship.com) is your friend ;)

thanks, ill have to check that out

Take your bed off, keep the bolts, get some trailer lights and mount to your frame. Drive down and get the bed, drop it in place and put a couple of bolts in it until you get home.

truck is in a 1000 pieces currently

Damn I find it hard to believe you cant find a decent bed for your truck up there. I know there is a rust issue but hell, its a Ford pickup, not a Bugatti. (Dont get me wrong, not saying you havent tried.) I remember seeing lots of salvage yards in Prince George County Maryland just north of DC, have you looked around the DC area?

i think it might be easier to find bugatti parts then a bed for these truck. there is atleast 1 WTB ad in every CL page within 200 miles

Where is the bed located Dave?

i dont have one picked out, but i see them down south for very cheap quite offten.

vkirkend
02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
check with a freight/heavy equipment company in the area you are looking to ship from,