PDA

View Full Version : New Traffic Monitoring

TFB
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Better keep an eye over your shoulder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xnWYx8YK8&feature=player_embedded

guspech750
02-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I was wondering where that video was leading. That was funny!!

justbob
02-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Wow. I haven't heard of this.

PonyUP
02-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Better keep an eye over your shoulder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xnWYx8YK8&feature=player_embedded

that there is pretty damn funny, and I have driven on that road and thought the exact same thing, yeah right, monitored by air. I will be slowing down now through there

justbob
02-13-2011, 10:07 AM
All joking aside, there is infact radar by air, has been for many years. Most commonly found on interstates, you will see two sets of white lines across the lanes where they can trap your ET between the two and either radio ahead to a unit or simply send it in the mail :)

Very common on I80 western IL.

TFB
02-13-2011, 10:25 AM
that there is pretty damn funny, and I have driven on that road and thought the exact same thing, yeah right, monitored by air. I will be slowing down now through there

Think I'd be taking another route...

rayjay
02-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I received that via email about 10 days ago and had a good laugh then passed it on to my active duty LEO buddies.

TAKEDOWN
02-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Lol... that made me laugh, g00d thing I wasn't drinking anything at the time!

Bigdogjim
02-13-2011, 02:04 PM
It's two fold........First shot get the speeded:) and the pothole gets the rest:laugh:

Mike
02-13-2011, 02:40 PM
That was damn funny.......thanks for sharing :banana:

PonyUP
02-13-2011, 06:58 PM
All joking aside, there is infact radar by air, has been for many years. Most commonly found on interstates, you will see two sets of white lines across the lanes where they can trap your ET between the two and either radio ahead to a unit or simply send it in the mail :)

True, but here in Georgia, they have no idea how to deal with anything related to cars or traffic. An asshat goes the wrong way on the freeway, collides with a truck load of margarine that catches fire, highway shutdown (All 6 lanes) for 8hrs. Some jerkweed jumps off a bridge, screw traffic in every direction for 4 hours. Some drunk walking on the highway gets hit by a car, we have to investigate for 4 hours. 7 inches of snow, better give us 5 days.

They screw up everything around here related to cars, wanna fix the Illinois budget? Force Georgia to get training from Chicago on how to deal with the following
Traffic Accidents
Sporting Events
Traffic control
Snow removal
Parking
And make em pay for it

rayjay
02-14-2011, 09:16 AM
True, but here in Georgia, they have no idea how to deal with anything related to cars or traffic. An asshat goes the wrong way on the freeway, collides with a truck load of margarine that catches fire, highway shutdown (All 6 lanes) for 8hrs. Some jerkweed jumps off a bridge, screw traffic in every direction for 4 hours. Some drunk walking on the highway gets hit by a car, we have to investigate for 4 hours. 7 inches of snow, better give us 5 days.

They screw up everything around here related to cars, wanna fix the Illinois budget? Force Georgia to get training from Chicago on how to deal with the following
Traffic Accidents
Sporting Events
Traffic control
Snow removal
Parking
And make em pay for it

Now that thars funny. I thought it was only NYS that screwed the pooch that bad...

PonyUP
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Now that thars funny. I thought it was only NYS that screwed the pooch that bad...

They need to learn the art of the "scoop and run" when some idiot is walking on the highway and gets hit by a car, what is there to investigate? I've seen enough Law and Order and CSI's to know that one's open and shut, now release traffic :mad2:

Haggis
02-14-2011, 10:53 AM
They need to learn the art of the "scoop and run" when some idiot is walking on the highway and gets hit by a car, what is there to investigate? I've seen enough Law and Order and CSI's to know that one's open and shut, now release traffic :mad2:

It could have been a Mob hit. Get the victim high on drugs put him out on the highway and then hit him with a car.

MCAT
02-14-2011, 11:13 AM

We have this in WI,
VASCAR = Visual Average Speed Computer & Recorder

A VASCAR unit couples a stopwatch with a simple computer. An operator records the moment that a vehicle passes two fixed objects (such as a white circle or square painted on the carriageway) that are a known distance apart. The vehicle's speed is then calculated by dividing the distance by the time.
This technique can also be used to determine a vehicle speeds from helicopters and other aerial platforms, making it easier to secure a conviction.

Bigdogjim
02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
^^^^ Lot's of States use this^^^^

In Pa. only State Police can use radar:).....go figure?

rayjay
02-15-2011, 09:35 AM
^^^^ Lot's of States use this^^^^

In Pa. only State Police can use radar:).....go figure?

Wow, you sure thats not a urban legend BDJ? Awful big state to tie law enforcements hands that way. Even my little station had new Radar and Lidar units on order when I retired last year. As for VASCAR, thats been around for decades, an oldie, but a goodie.