LANDY
02-17-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38

kariamack
02-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Thats sweet ..but i say in the next 50 years

4drcbra
02-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Thats crazy but def a possibility as fadt as technology is advancing. Look at cell phones

PonyUP
02-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Really don't think it would be in the too distant future, most of that technology is already there, or close to being there, that's the closest thing I've seen to the Jetsons, now get me my flying car

SC Cheesehead
02-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Had me there for a second; was thinking you meant we were all going to start waking up next to a hot brunette every morning...

Bigdogjim
02-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Like all thing "new" price will be out of reach for a while.........

Black Dynamite
02-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Better invest in Windex.

Mr. Man
02-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Had me there for a second; was thinking you meant we were all going to start waking up next to a hot brunette every morning...
What do you mean I already do:D I don't get the fascination with having to be "in touch" everywhere. Is there some over riding reason I shouldn't be able to take a poo-poo w/o being in touch with the boss.
I like the auto shade glass but I bet it costs more to fix it than to buy it. And all the glass billboards yeah maybe in some Utopia but somehow I don't think they are brick proof.

SC Cheesehead
02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
What do you mean I already do:D I don't get the fascination with having to be "in touch" everywhere. Is there some over riding reason I shouldn't be able to take a poo-poo w/o being in touch with the boss.
I like the auto shade glass but I bet it costs more to fix it than to buy it. And all the glass billboards yeah maybe in some Utopia but somehow I don't think they are brick proof.

AMEN to that!

LANDY
02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
AMEN to that!i also agree, it would make me feel like im being controled by the hole world. kind of like taking away my freedom:beatnik:.
other than that its pretty cool.

Go2GuyFL
02-17-2011, 10:07 PM
... I already do:D ...

Maybe so, but is her name "Jennifer"?

MrBluGruv
02-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Few things I find hilarious/not so funny/wrong:

1. if a table top is supposed to become a flexible it-works-anywhere video-phone device, how is it supposed to track the users of the table top so the person on the other end can see them too? Is there some sort of magic camera in there?

2. why in the world do I need my car to have an interactive notepad in the dash? to me that says you're either an extremely forgetful idiot or you are WAY too distracted on the road. You can't even justify it for taking down information in the event of an emergency, cause if you crashed your car it won't work, and at any rate there is already pen and paper for that scenario.

3. why would the bus stop ASSUME that when this Asian woman walks up, she can only read/ will want to read her information in an Asian language(looks kinda like simplified Chinese)? WTF racist bus bench?

4. was it REALLY necessary to have the architect unroll his flexi-glass blueprint sheet? I mean, I understand that it is made to withstand that, but did that function any more than to just play at the obvious saying "hey look, I'm an architect because I keep your blueprints rolled up" even though since it is a scrollable display the size is now irrelevant?

Sorry, but so much of that looks like a height of invasion of privacy and/or the height of laziness. "I'm too tired to browse this WHOLE TINY BOUTIQUE, lemme just check the inventory monitor...."

P.S., this kind of tech in some degrees already does exist and is in use. I know the great majority of members here aren't music people, but being a guy that's into music, AND being a guy that does electronic music, AND being a guy that designs music software, I keep up with stuff like this:

xdcEJFHId1I

Talk about a conversation starter at a house party. "Come on guys, lemme show you how good I can play my coffee table."

Mr. Man
02-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Maybe so, but is her name "Jennifer"?
OK I'll bite Jennifer who?:dunno:

guspech750
02-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Honestly. As cool as that stuff looks. Think about it. Your looking in the mirror and sliding your oily fingers over the mirror. Now there are smeared finger prints on the Mirror. Really. Just look at your touch screen phones. A TV touch screen. Gay!! Smeared finger prints all over the screen. Keep that junk out of my house. I love my iPhone but I hate cleaning the screen. And it's a tiny screen. Now your going to have touch screen everything. That's a lot of cleaning. I'll pass.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox

Mr. Man
02-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Honestly. As cool as that stuff looks. Think about it. Your looking in the mirror and sliding your oily fingers over the mirror. Now there are smeared finger prints on the Mirror. Really. Just look at your touch screen phones. A TV touch screen. Gay!! Smeared finger prints all over the screen. Keep that junk out of my house. I love my iPhone but I hate cleaning the screen. And it's a tiny screen. Now your going to have touch screen everything. That's a lot of cleaning. I'll pass.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox
Oh you are going to get slaughtered on this^^^^post in the morning:D

Go2GuyFL
02-17-2011, 11:26 PM
OK I'll bite Jennifer who?:dunno:

Jennifer is the brunette in the movie. Her name appears on the screen in the car.

TAKEDOWN
02-18-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm NOT surprised at all, I'm sure most of it will be in regular use by 2021 and it'll just get better and better. I can feel my fingerprints disappearing already, especially the index finger from all that touch sliding!

Haggis
02-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Honestly. As cool as that stuff looks. Think about it. I am looking in my mirror and sliding my sticky fingers over the mirror. Now there are smeared jisimed finger prints on my Mirror. Really. Just look at your touch screen phones, is it as sticky as mine. A TV touch screen, imangine all the jisim. Gay!! Smeared finger prints all over the screen. Keep that junk out of my house, use your own TV. I love my iPhone but I hate cleaning the screen with my tongue. And it's a tiny screen. Now your going to have a sticky touch screen everything. That's a lot of cleaning. Want to use my tongue?

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox

Man say what you mean.

steve fox
02-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Not likely mate!

RacerX
02-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Thats sweet ..but i say in the next 50 years
It's already happening...:shake: Voice control too. Nuance.